Amsterdam

Spent last week in Holland ( Wassenaar ) with a few other families including kids and we decided on a flying visit into Amsterdam on the last full day of our holiday.. A few adults were quite wary about taking the kids in so we decided not to venture too close to the RLD.. Its an amazing city and the kids really enjoyed it. Managed to lose the kids for a while as I wanted to visit one of the many coffee shops and picked up some weed and some brownies for the evening.. Wow, totally amazing.... After the kids had gone to bed, we all took part in a little cake and weed and had a ball.. Must admit my wife who in the past has been very anti drugs etc, loved the experienced and we're now thinking of a long weekend without the kids Should be fun

Long weekends without the kids are always good

Sounds great. Would love to visit Holland.

Its a lovely city but has that stigma attached to it

I've been to Amsterdam 9 times now and just love the whole experience it's just an amazing city, very eye opening and so much fun!

Glad you had fun look forward to planning your next trip

I have always wanted to go see the Cafes and the sights, not the RLD though.

The RLD isnt as bad as its made out, sure theres some rough parts to the city like everywhere else but its actually done tastefully if thats the right word !

Cant wait to go back there and hope they dont change the laws before I get there !!

Very friendly people the Dutch - Just like us they hate the French and Germans too

I love Amsterdam its one of my most favourite places, Red light district is not that bad and the weed and brownies are ok but its got much more than that love the museums which range from sex museums to jewish museums, Ann Franks House, Heniken factory (word of advise do not go to the Heniken factory straight from breakfast because you will be sozzled coming out and will miss dinner). And there is always the Diamond quarter which of course is a girls best friend a weekend is not enough in Amsterdam

I was in schipol yesterday evening, a gut from the airport said they were clamping down on the red light district, allgirls are interviewed tomake sure they are not being coerced or exploited and they have to pay tax. They are cutting down on the windows etc.In the last 5 yrs it has shrunkby a third.#

all good in my book