Anal play and pegging

Recently purchased my first butt plug and prostate massager as I want to finally take the leap into anal play and hopefully talk the OH into pegging, it's always been something that has really got me going but i am not keen on the thought of douching or enemas, I don't no what is it about it but I get put off, is it an issue if I don't as in is it still safe ( may sound like a silly question but new to all this ).

Yes of course it's still safe :)

The only real reason to do it is to clean yourself out for peace of mind/hygeine. But even doing it doesn't mean you're 100% not going to get a bit of poop somewhere, and if that bit of poop appears it's not going to do you any harm- it's just poop! If you're both capable of handling any little messes and cleaning them thoroughly you're fine without.

Thankyou

Like I say new to this really and not sure what to expect just something I have always wanted to try.

No you don't need to douche but if you do then you need to wait for 30 minutes minimum afterwards to let the water residue inside be absorbed. Don't over douche as I found that did make my stomach a bit unsettled. That could just be me.

I don't douche but just do what I normally do which being blunt is to go to the loo have a shower and during the shower shove a few fingers up which does give you a good clean. There are times when we don't indulge in anal play because one might not just feel right.

As a rule it's not messy. For peace of mind my wife wears surgical gloves when fisting me and when she pegs me it's just a toy anyway. As said if you can cope and deal with a possible little less then go for it because it it amazing fun for both.