Anal play - next step?

Hi guys, my OH has recently discovered anal play (where until recently she has been completely anti it) but we’ve tried a few butt plugs (mostly due to a few LH testers) and she realised how nice the feeling of having a butt plug in is while we play.

Obviously butt plugs are ‘stationary’ but she wondered about anal beads - does anyone have any experience of these (as a woman) and are they nice. She’s not sure about things moving in and out (and is still not keen on my performing anal sex on her…although I live in hope) We’ve both recently made a pact that we will try anything once…but I do t want to ruin the good thing we’ve got started. Thx

Anal beads are designed to be inserted whenever you want and then removed at the point of orgasm to intensify the sensation. However, if she doesn’t like the idea of them being removed then there is no reason why you can’t just insert them and leave them in until after play when she is ready to remove them herself.

Having them in is a little bit of a different feeling from a plug, particularly very solid or weighty plug, but I would be surprised if she really hates having them in there as she is ok with a plug (although she might find them a bit meh. It’s personal taste and the only way for find out is to try).

Lovehoney do a few hybrid type beaded plugs like the Annabelle Knight set or the Rocks Off Bubbles or Pearls which still gives the benefits of a plug (being a bit more rigid than many beads) but also allow her to try the sensation of beads.

Short answer - no one can tell you if she will like them or not but as long as you don’t suddenly rip them out like you are trying to start a lawnmower (or remove them without her explicit consent generally), they probably won’t set you/her back if she isn’t all that fussed by them.

4 Likes

Has she tried vibrating buttplugs and other materials yet? Thats where i went when i wanted to move up from a basic one. Theres alot of difference sensation wise between a silicon plug and one thats glass or metal. (This one is really nice. one i use most, even though i have bigger fancier options. Shape is so easy to insert.)

2 Likes

Thx @Green_Eyed_Girl - we’ve got a metal one (care of a LH tester, a couple of silicone ones (one the normal shape (with rabbit tail), and the longer but narrower soft rainbow one - but no glass ones…so we might have to give that a try. Also I like the idea of the ‘beaded’ @Calie - ones that are similar to beads - if not thought of that - will add those to the mix as a transition.

I’ll discuss with her tonight - as I just got my birthday code so we’re going to do a long old browse tonight and place a nice
Birthday order!

It’s worth trying a few different things to see what she enjoys. We are all a bit different, I much prefer a butt plug to beads but that’s just me. I’m a girth over depth person! I do have one set of beads that I like but that’s because they are large squishy ones. I like the feeling of putting things in but not taking them out so pulling out anal beads at the point of orgasm would ruin it for me. Strangely though, I enjoy anal sex. I’m not a fan of long thrusts during anal sex, a deep rocking motion or short deep thrusts are much more pleasurable.

It’s just a case of trying things and seeing what works. If you’ve got your birthday code it sounds like a great time to get a selection of things to try :wink:

I’d second a glass one! I’ve got the one that @Green_Eyed_Girl recommended and it’s awesome.

1 Like

Some of the beads available now are very solid but these are more like the traditional beads. Much more flexible
Not tried these but Nexus do make very good stuff, if a tad expensive
(add to wishlist and fingers crossed for birthday discount :crossed_fingers:)

1 Like

Hey @BLovesC! I love butt plugs and things like rimming but like your partner, full penetration just isn’t for me at this moment in time. For this reason I’m not a fan of the longer anal beads, but I love the shorter kind with a little more girth. One of my favourites is the anal beads that are in the Tracey Cox Beginners Kit. I’ve popped a picture below so you can see that the beads aren’t that much longer than the plug, but they still feel great when pulled out during climax. If you haven’t tried vibrating plugs then like @Green_Eyed_Girl I’d recommend this as a next step too. If so, then this kit may be good as it also comes with a bullet that you can put in either the plug and beads. It looks fairly similar style to the Rocks Off Bubbles that @Calie has linked, so if you’re just looking for beads and not another plug then that one looks quite promising too.

My general advice would to be just explore the interests your partner has, rather than thinking of it as a build up to full anal penetration (which it sounds like you are). If she likes the stimulation around her butt then you could also explore rimming if that’s something you are both up for (again make sure you have a conversation about it and you’re both comfortable with it first). Take things slow and just enjoy the exploration! :blush:

3 Likes

Thx @SexInTheCity for all this. Don’t worry - I’m just vented my thoughts/fantasies about building it up to anal. We have a healthy level of communication and We’ve discussed that she’s not really ready or interested in the in-and-out of full penetration. We chatted last night - and while she’s not ever tried anal beads, she enjoys the filling feeling of a butt plug so it may not be her thing (and anal sex similarly) but we’ve ordered one of the hybrid vibrating butt plug/anal beads to see if the beaded feeling is for her. I’ve never had anal sex so it’s been something I’ve always wanted to try…but it’s absolutely not a deal breaker for me we never do it.

@Calie weve ordered the rocks off bubbles…thx for the recommendation (its purple and she loves everything purple!)

2 Likes

Hi everyone
This is a rousing question which I would like to ask you all your advice on, especially since you have just started exploring anal.

I have always been interested in anal but my wife, has never wanted it, and voiced her objections to anal.
Recently we were away for a mini break, and we had a lovely meal and ended up having a few drinks in the late bar.
On getting back to our room I gave her oral and (with a little Dutch courage) tried rimming and surprisingly she enjoyed it. Since then we have had a few play times and using some lube I have been just rubbing fingers gently around and she is enjoying this.

So the big question is!

What would be your advice on trying to make progress in this area? Tips on rimming etc.
I will need to be patient and take it slow. And rushing things will for sure turn my wife off.

Thanking you all in advance :+1:

1 Like

Yes, I’d stick to doing what your wife likes. She’ll probably ask you to go further when she feels ready for it. Mrs S is only gradually overcoming her inhibitions in this area but requested more last night and received three of my lubricated fingers in her bum for the first time. She seemed to enjoy it as she was still telling me not to stop an hour later. :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

WOW! ok, excellent,
thank you.
i think you’re correct.
best to give time and see where we go.

if we get to where you are i will be the happiest man.

thank you.

1 Like

brilliant, thank you