Anal play;share or not

Hi all,

Prob another silly question on my behalf but do ye all share/take turns with anal toys with your OH or do ye have ones specifically for each other,new to it all so very unsure,thanks all

Sharing is safe, as long as the toy is properly cleaned & disinfected, which is easier to do with materials like glass or metals

Thanks sub,toy cleaner sufficent??

for non porous materials hot water and soap is sufficient, for porous you probably want to boil or soak in bleach (to be certain)

soaking in bleach?? id be more worried about not cleaning bleach off properly than doodoo

Sum Sub wrote:

for non porous materials hot water and soap is sufficient, for porous you probably want to boil or soak in bleach (to be certain)

Just to clarify quickly - do not use pure bleach. Only a 10% solution (diluted with water) should be used, on glass or 100% pure silicone toys. If you are unsure whether your toy is pure silicone - don't risk it. The bleach then needs to be rinsed off, so you'd need to use toy cleaner or an anti-bacterial soap afterwards.

Having your own toys to use anally would probably be best, avoid sharing to reduce the risk of any bacteria spreading.

Sorry yes bleach solution! We have a little tupper wear box we use (well not so little)

I'd never share them, even the glass or silicone ones

We don't, I enjoy anal play with toys but OH doesn't seem interested in being played with, he enjoys using the toys on me ^_^

I would not use bleach or any other strong chemicals on toys that you suspect are porous. Not unless you want chemical burns up your tushie next time you use them.

Unfortunately, you cannot sterilise porous toys. Porous toys have micro pockets, or tiny pores in the material, into which bacteria and viruses (plus other chemicals, dyes and perfumes) can go and hide. This is why they are impossible to sterilise. Harsh chemicals may also damage the material.

You can however, sterilise glass, stainless steel and 100% pure silicone sex toys (Such as Tantus sex toys) in a 10% bleach solution (10% bleach, 90% water and rinse very well after) or you can boil them (It is better to soak them in boiling water in a PLASTIC container, than place the toy into a metal pan on the stove. The metal pan will become much hotter than the water and if the silicone touches the side, it could damage your toy). Also, many non-porous dildos (100% pure silicone etc) can be placed in a dishwasher.

Unfortunately there are many toys labelled "silicone" that are not 100% pure medical grade silicone and so I recommend sticking to trusted brands, like Tantus, Lelo etc (There are many more)

So...If you have a non-porous toy made from metal, 100% silicone or glass (not sure about wood, sorry) then you can indeed sterilise (sex toy cleaner spray will clean but not sterilise...sterilise = kill all viruses and bacteria and only boiling water and bleach can do that). If you have a toy made from other materials then no, it is impossible to sterilise it, you can only really clean it and therefore there is always a risk of transferring the bacteria/viruses that hid deep inside the pores. Bleach residue will also hide in the pores, which could cause irritation later. .

There is always the option of using a condom over a toy which you can change if you are sharing but you would still need to clean properly between sessions

xGGx

^^ Listen to Fluffbags, she knows her stuff!

if you're sharing a house and bed, and kissing or licking each other, you'll both have the same bacteria and other organisms on your skin and inside you. did you know that bacterial cells outnumber human cells by 10 to 1 on each of us?

sterilising toys is not necessary as neither the anus or vagina are sterile.

hot soapy water is enough.

probably safest only to share toys with your partner though x

We used to use 'teatless' condoms.

jackjohn wrote:

if you're sharing a house and bed, and kissing or licking each other, you'll both have the same bacteria and other organisms on your skin and inside you. did you know that bacterial cells outnumber human cells by 10 to 1 on each of us?

Very true for the anus but the vagina has an extremely delicate ballance of bacteria and if you introduce bacteria you can cause a nasty infection of bacterial vaginosis, not painful but smelly!

jackjohn wrote:

If you have decided to become fluid bonded with a partner then yeah, it is likely you both already shared viruses/bacteria between each other anyway. However, it is possible to reduce the risk of spreading infections by sterilising the toys. I don't neccessarily mean STDs, which, if you have them and don't know, then you have probably shared them with fluid bonded partners anyway. I am thinking of things like thrush, or bacterial vaginosis, or even stomach flu (Imagine getting sick from seductively blowing that dildo your partner recently had up their bum) and a myriad of other infections. You go get antibiotics and bam...catch it from your toy again lol. You can reduce the risk of spreading, or re-infecting yourself by sterilising your toys.

Of course, I am just being pedantic here, because I don't imagine many people sterilise their toys after each and every use (or wear protective bio hazard suits during sex) so its possible you will share everything anyway. However, it IS possible to reduce the chance of infection between two fluid bonded partners...or even from yourself...by sterilising the toys. I think it is a good idea after getting treated for any minor infection anyway.

Fluffbags wrote:

jackjohn wrote:

If you have decided to become fluid bonded with a partner then yeah, it is likely you both already shared viruses/bacteria between each other anyway. However, it is possible to reduce the risk of spreading infections by sterilising the toys. I don't neccessarily mean STDs, which, if you have them and don't know, then you have probably shared them with fluid bonded partners anyway. I am thinking of things like thrush, or bacterial vaginosis, or even stomach flu (Imagine getting sick from seductively blowing that dildo your partner recently had up their bum) and a myriad of other infections. You go get antibiotics and bam...catch it from your toy again lol. You can reduce the risk of spreading, or re-infecting yourself by sterilising your toys.

Of course, I am just being pedantic here, because I don't imagine many people sterilise their toys after each and every use (or wear protective bio hazard suits during sex) so its possible you will share everything anyway. However, it IS possible to reduce the chance of infection between two fluid bonded partners...or even from yourself...by sterilising the toys. I think it is a good idea after getting treated for any minor infection anyway.

Lovely!!!

I am the only one in our relationship to participate in anal toy use but I don't think I would share even if I wasn't !

Young and fun95 wrote:

Fluffbags wrote:

jackjohn wrote:

Lovely!!!

Right! :P

I also forgot to mention that e-coli (the bacteria which naturally lives inside the colon/rectum) is one of the biggest causes of urine infections in women. If e-coli gets into the urinary tract, it can cause a UTI and this is why UTIs effect women more than men (our urethra is so much closer to the anus) So to reduce the risk, it is best to not use anal toys for vaginal penetration too (even your own)....unless you can sterilise.

Fluffbags wrote:

Young and fun95 wrote:

Fluffbags wrote:

jackjohn wrote:

Lovely!!!

Right! :P

I also forgot to mention that e-coli (the bacteria which naturally lives inside the colon/rectum) is one of the biggest causes of urine infections in women. If e-coli gets into the urinary tract, it can cause a UTI and this is why UTIs effect women more than men (our urethra is so much closer to the anus) So to reduce the risk, it is best to not use anal toys for vaginal penetration too (even your own)....unless you can sterilise.

That's also why You should also never wipe back to front! :P