Anal Toys & Condoms

Im looking to purchase some anal toys and on the lovehoney advice page for begingers to anal play, it suggests that condoms should be used on all anal toys.

Does everyone do this? I can imagine with anal beads or a beginers butt plug butt plug a condom wouldnt really work very well due to the shape?

I would appreciate any opinions and advice :)

Personally we don't use condoms with anal toys we just make sure they are only used anally and are carefully washed with toy cleaner before and after every session and properly stored.. Its down to personal choice I think. :-)

lillithlibby wrote:

Personally we don't use condoms with anal toys we just make sure they are only used anally and are carefully washed with toy cleaner before and after every session and properly stored.. Its down to personal choice I think. :-)

^ same

It's personal preference. It's absolutely not necessary, and in most cases, finding a condom that will fit some of the more interestingly shaped anal toys will be damn near impossible!

Thanks guys, I dont think i will bother using condoms just make sure I clean my toys well and keep vaginal and anal toys for separate use.

CVR92 wrote:

Thanks guys, I dont think i will bother using condoms just make sure I clean my toys well and keep vaginal and anal toys for separate use.

Thats what i do and it works well for me :)

lillithlibby wrote:

Totally agree with Lillithlibby - we don't use condoms with anal toys either. We keep them totally separate from vaginal toys and wash them in hot water with a sensitive anti-bacterial wash before and after use :) xx

If you're going to be using the toy in different places (or with different people!) then a condom seems like a good idea. However, over time it could end up becoming quite expensive.

Also, some of the shapes of toys (And even the rigidity) will likely cause damage to the condom anyway.

Just excercise caution, clean the toys thoroughly after use (hot water and soap!)

I also like to clean mine before (whilst taking a shower), as it drives me wild knowing and feeling what will soon be inside pleasuring me.

i use a condom with one of my anal toys because it is a jelly toy.

The silicone and glass ones are fine as they are non porous

All our toys are either for vaginal or anal use only, so we don't use condoms. Some toy cleaner and extra hot sooy water is all we use. However if te toys where going to be for dual use them I would prob use a condom to be 100% hygienic