Condoms used with sex toys

I was just wondering whether any members of the community, prefer to use a condom, when they are using a sex toy, or if it makes you feel as though there is a barrier between you and the toy?

I know it is better for the toy and much esier to clean when using condoms but I tend to dislike condoms and find the sensations so much better when not using them. i have considered it may be a psychological thing rather than a difference in the physical sensations but either way I prefer not to use condoms

I don't see a need to use a condom, I keep anal toys seperate when playing and everything is thoroughly washed and sprayed after, I don't like the feel of condoms.

There is no need to use condoms on truly body safe toys unless you like the sensation.

Materials like pvc, tpe/tpr, jelly, "bodysafe" rubber, cyberskin, ur3 etc are porous and can harbor bacteria no matter how well you wash them. This could lead to irritation / infections and some people use condoms with these types of toys as protection. Be aware though that if the toy is made of toxic materials (phthalates are the most common culprit here) that can cause chemical burn, a condom may not be sufficient protection.

If you buy silicone, abs plastic and metal/glass/wood from reputable manufacturer you don't need condoms, since those toys won't harbor bacteria. Generally those materials will also last much longer making them also cost effective in the longer run even if they cost more up front :-)

I don't use a condom with my toys...a good clean and safe storage keeps then fresh and ready to use for next time...

No condoms for me either.I'm happy to wash and use sex toy cleaner followed by careful storage keeping anal play toys separate.

For anal play we/I sometimes do. There are lots of cheaper manufacturers then say Durex on ebay that sell them for really silly prices. For me it just makes cleaning up much easier and they are so sheer that NO we dont know they are there. We dont ever bother vaginally but obviously for cross infection purposed ts just another way to keep us healthy. Everythinbg s washed after and before use but during anal play we like to sometimes use them.
'So yes, WE DO to ward off unwanted POO'
OK OK so maybe a little bit of a gross image but toys that go up ones butt and/or deep (eg: recent 10" anal dildo purchase) might pick up unwanted 'items' so this just makes life that much easier we think ![](upload://nXzNBAACFMemirV1148YTO7ENey.gif)

deleted

Penny26 wrote:

I don't see a need to use a condom, I keep anal toys seperate when playing and everything is thoroughly washed and sprayed after, I don't like the feel of condoms.

'Need', no there isnt one always but condoms can be so sheer that you dont notice them at all. Toys however can potentially pick up unwanted items during anal and they potetialy make a quite a hygienic way of cleaning up mid way. (see my post further down for more)