condoms and anal toys

hi all. well just thought i would ask you all for your thoughts on a matter that came up today.

so basically i was out shopping with a close friends today, this shopping took us into a high street sex toy shop that shall remain nameless. (her idea, im a loyal LH customer, woudnt go anywhere else lol). Anyway it turs out my friend was looking for some anal toys to use by herself. I should point out that we are very open and frequently discuss sex and things related haha. Even brought each other vibrators at xmas.

Anyway so she picked up a few toys toys including 2 varying butt plugs and slightly larger anal "probe" haha. This was all fine and i was able to advise her on the increasing sizes that she should work up with, starting from a very small plug onwards. Anyway as we were making our way to the till, she said that she wanted to pick up a pack of condoms to use with the toys. I was a bit supprised by this. i should point out that she is single and therefore prob wont be sharing the toys anytime soon. She was insistant that she wanted thought she had to use condoms with ALL anal toys lol even a small butt plug.

Anyway this got me thinking. How many people actually use condoms with anal toys even small ones? surely its worse to use condoms with toys like these as they could easily slide off and get ahem 'lost' lol?

whats your thoughts. sorry for the long message, i get carried away.