Anal Training, Advice Please

Hi Everyone
I am just getting into a bit of anal play with toys, i'm looking for advice on the best way to build up to bigger toys. At the moment I'm struggling with an Anal dildo with a diameter of 1.5 inch any advice
Thanks

Time, lube and patience are the best advice you're going to get! I've been playing around with anal on and off for the last while now, and have had to work my way up to a decent size. For starters, the dildos included in this: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=8569 are absolutely perfect, plus there's a harness if you ever want to give that a go.

The smaller dildo of the two is perfect for beginning, and you should be able to manage that no problem. Just go with plenty of lube, and take your take inserting inch by inch. If it's starting to hurt a bit, just leave the dildo where it is for half a minute or so, and you should stretch out to accomodate it. If there's some bad pain, just stop. If anal's hurting, then you're doing it wrong.

Starting off with something that's too big is the worst thing that you can do, as it's really offputting. When I convinced my partner to give anal a go, we rushed into things straight away, using my penis without much foreplay, and that has put her off trying it again. When I wanted to give it a go, we got a dildo that was far too big, and that did set me back. But after getting the Adam and Eve kit, I quickly worked up to the larger dildo (which is perfect for solo play) and am now looking into getting a bigger one.

But it's all about time and patience. And a healthy amount of lube of course. We use Maximus, and that's served us well for both anal and vaginal sex over the past year. Good luck!

My friendly (and not at all patronising )advice: being a male, leave your bum alone, play with your dick instead!

Jo wrote:

My friendly (and not at all patronising )advice: being a male, leave your bum alone, play with your dick instead!

Why just play with one when you can play with both?

You mean with both dicks???

You guys at StarTreck, how many do you have?

Bin there done that. Lookin for pastures new

Jo wrote:

You mean with both dicks???

No, I meant why play with just your dick, when you can play with your butt AND your dick???

I agree ShaftMaster, or get your OH to play with both!

M & A wrote:

I agree ShaftMaster, or get your OH to play with both!

This is something I've been curious about for a while now, not quite worked up to yet though.

My OH had always used her finger on me and we decided to make things a bit more interesting and ordered a couple of toys, I have used dildos, vibes and butt plugs and just recently bought a few new items off LH, one being a strap on so my OH can give me a good seeing too, just start out small and use plenty of lube, i dont like things too painful, so just relax and enjoy i certainly do and the feeling of it is so intense ive never felt anything like it!

My gf and I are long distance, so when we're together it often ends up just having as much fun as we can, rather than experimenting. But one day . . .

ShaftMaster wrote:

This is something I've been curious about for a while now, not quite worked up to yet though.

ShaftMaster wrote:

... But one day . . .

ShaftMaster, seriously, a man has got a dick to use, play and enjoy. Your bum is perfectly good they way it is, no need to poke it fingers or dildos. That's my view of course, I cannot tell you what to do with BOTH (not meaning both dicks of course)

this is my post on another :)

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15378s are amazing! those are what me and my partner tried out and also , the best anal lube ive found is the Gun oil lube... not sticky, REALLY slippery and feels great.. try using your fingers on eachother for a bit and whilst having sex with her on top rub her ass hole for a bit and slowly push in... thats the rule for beginnners, slowwllyyy.. :) my mrs likes the force and pain of the initial thrust , so we're at one end of the extreme.. for most people slower is better at the beginning.. condoms are a good idea for anal, but if your not worried about the mess and clean regularly then bareback is AWESOME ;)

Anal toys like

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=8436

are great for beginners but me and my partner like the assberrys as they give you an intense orgasm for both of you.. :) Have fun !

Jo wrote:

ShaftMaster, seriously, a man has got a dick to use, play and enjoy. Your bum is perfectly good they way it is, no need to poke it fingers or dildos. That's my view of course, I cannot tell you what to do with BOTH (not meaning both dicks of course)

I know, I do use, play with, and enjoy my dick, doesn't mean thats the be all and end all. I understand where you're coming from, but just because there is no 'need' to poke it, doesn't mean anyone shouldn't. I know you're just trying to get your point across, but that's not what this post is about. Just chill.

Jo wrote:

I have to admit that I firmly believed the 'it's an out hole' stuff. But my OH expressed an interest in trying it, and as I'm usually so willing to try something new (especially if my OH wants to), after some hesitation and looking at some of the LH products I went ahead and bought a plug. The verdict; Don't knock it till you've tried it as the orgasm was amazing. Only advice would be plenty of lube and don't rush it (in or out)

Elle_S wrote:

Jo wrote:

I have to admit that I firmly believed the 'it's an out hole' stuff. But my OH expressed an interest in trying it, and as I'm usually so willing to try something new (especially if my OH wants to), after some hesitation and looking at some of the LH products I went ahead and bought a plug. The verdict; Don't knock it till you've tried it as the orgasm was amazing. Only advice would be plenty of lube and don't rush it (in or out)

well said, i was always like that its one way but years ago i had my mind changed and the orgasms are so different and i really enjoy anal now

Elle is right - anal orgasms are amazing, but the sensation (and practicalities) of putting something up your bottom take a bit of getting used to. I've been really into anal for ages, but my OH was pretty squeamish at first - also belongs to the 'it's an out hole' group in some ways!

My tips would be - as others say, use more lube than you thing you need, take it very slowly and gently at first, and start with something very small, like a smaller finger. Give your bum time to gradually get used to the idea of opening up and taking something inside. Even start not with penetration at all but just work a finger gently around the outside of your anus, to see if you like the sensation.

Surely everyone has its own tastes. But I cannot miss noticing that you rach74 and Elle are women and women are wired differently than men (so I think). Women receive and enjoy penetration, vagina or anus is a major or minor detail, depending on the woman concerned. I had a girl who would have explosive orgasms via annal , and a girl who would not allow me to even touch her on the back hole.

For straight men, like myself, I cannot see how and why would I enjoy something up my bum! Homosexuals, sure I understand, but LH has no prospects selling anything butt related to me.

Jo wrote:

For straight men, like myself, I cannot see how and why would I enjoy something up my bum! Homosexuals, sure I understand, but LH has no prospects selling anything butt related to me.

Jo,

The way I see it, men enjoying something up their bum isn't about who they're attracted too, it's about having nerve endings! And yes it's not for everyone, but just because I don't see how snowballing can be enjoyable, I'm not knocking those who do.

I also remember another thread, where someone asked advice about cyber sex, and you complained on his behalf about people warning him against it, rather than answering his question. No offence, but since the original question in this thread was:

Cap54 wrote:

Hi Everyone
I am just getting into a bit of anal play with toys, i'm looking for advice on the best way to build up to bigger toys. At the moment I'm struggling with an Anal dildo with a diameter of 1.5 inch any advice
Thanks

I have to admit that when I read your replies, the words 'pot', 'kettle', and 'black' spring to mind.