Anal vs Vaginal Dildo

I've been browsing on here looking to see what I'll get next, I see that there's two sections for dildos one in it's own section and another in the anal toys section.

I'm a guy who's looking for a dildo for himself so I want one that's safe for anal play. I was wondering if in general the dildos in the dildo section are suitable for that purpose or should I stick the anal dildo section?

I know that anal toys should have a flared based for safety. Is there anything else I should consider for an anal dildo specifically? Also if something is shaped to hit the g-spot is it also good for the p-spot?

Thanks

I would personally recommend a realistic glass dildo.

Also if you wanted a dildo that didn't have a flared base you could always use these http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32220 they're brilliant! Just make sure not to use them with a silicone dildo as they are made of silicone. :)

Oh and yes any G-spot toys should hit your P-spot.

I think the sections are just there to make it a bit easier/safer for people who maybe wouldn't know what to look for in a safe anal toy. Since you sould like you do, I think you'd be ok shopping from either section. I wouldn't say they are safe in general, but yeah you'll find loads that are fine. They often say in the description, actually, whatever section they are under. Plus a lot of toys are in both sections!

I consider materials, but that's laregly a personal thing. I don't like using the 'realistic' dildos as putting porous material up my bum, even with a condom, would make me feel like the toy would never be clean again! Plus they are prone to getting a little smelly. I also happen to just like glass/metal anal toys :)

Other than the flared base nothing is really compulsory though. Longer dildos are easier to work with in more positions, you don't have to think of it as an insertable length just a handle!

Any g-spot toys we've tried have worked for p-spot too, but I guess again it depends on the exact toy. Many of the toys people reccomend for beignner prostate play are actually intended to be g-spot dildos, so yeah they can work.

Cool, thanks for the advice. I assumed that would be the case however if I'm sticking something inside me I want to know it's safe and not just assume it. Don't want any awkward trips to the hospital.

Thanks Lovebirds for the tip about using length as a handle don't think I would have thought of it, like using all of the toy too much. I also use the suction cup than my hand more often than not.

I also won't go for a realistic dildo, being asexual the more real a toy looks the ickier I feel and more uncomfortable and unwilling I'm about using it.

Love using glass dildos for anal play and if you pop them in the fridge first - oh yes ;)