any lovehoney lingerie to fit a 34K bust?

Hi all,

I went bra shopping yesterday, and as always it was a slow and frustrating process but I have been properly fitted by the teams at both Rigby and Peller and Bravissimo and have been sized as a 34K. It's not easy to find much choice in this size, but I came home with a couple of good every day sets.

However, I'd like to find something a bit sexier for the bedroom, and because the lovehoney search function works by dress size, I'm really struggling. As the 34 back measurement shows, I'm not a very large woman and slim in the waist, but I am distressingly huge in the cup. That means that with smaller boobs, I'd be something like a size 12, but I often can't get my boobs into some of the plus size things, even those in a 20/22, which then drown the rest of me, so searching by dress size isn't really working for me.

Has anyone got any suggestions? I don't care really if it's a bra, basque, corset, chemise, babydoll, or whatever, I just want some nice bedroom wear! Ideally I'd prefer something that might give a bit of support and isn't too cutsie-girlie, but to be honest, I'm in no position to get picky.

Thanks in advance for the help,

SS xx

Hi SS,

I'm a 34J/JJ ( depending on manufacturer) so I know totally how you feel but have found nothing here that offers support at all, but I've got a few bits if you're happy with your boobs being 'au naturelle'

This one is quite clingy and so gives a slight lift if you jiggle and wiggle http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20226

This one is ok too, but offers little support for boobs http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20224

I also bought a basque from Panache and squoze (sp?) myself into a 38G in order to give me the largest cup size possible, it was by no means perfect but shoves your boobs up under your chin.

Hope you find something and if you do, please share it :) x

LOl thanks AA, I thought it might be, but I like the sound of squoze haha ;)

Lovehoney - Hella wrote:

Bad news is that neither R&P or Bravissimo use standardized sizing. Ergo your 34K will be more like a 36F in La Senza.

If you're looking to buy High Street (a la Lovehoney) then you need to use High Street measurements. Bravissimo will have me wearing a 30GG when I'm perfectly comfortable in a La Senza 34E and an Ann Summers 34F. I can understand their wanting to readdress the bra sizing confuzzle, but it isn't translatable outside of the walls of their store and they in fact state this in their measuring blurb.

But in short, there's very little here for those over a B/C cup. Classified go up to a DD, but that's pretty much it :( Opt for chemises without a tailored bustline is the best advice I can give.

I am sorry to disagree with your gorgeousness Hella, but I'm not convinced - I've tried high street, and I just can't get them big enough in the cup without having them so big in the cup that I can tie the back strap in knots! I've never been able to get my boobs in anything in La Senza or Ann Summers, even when I tried a 42 back. From a K to an F is 8 cup sizes smaller, (FF, G, GG, H, HH, I, J, JJ) . Although R and P and bravissimo sizing might not translate perfectly, I doubt it's 8 cup sizes out!

Although I suppose that's fairly academic as you guys don't stock boobier lingerie at the minute anyway... Is it something you might look into in future, or is there not enough demand? (You can say it, I'm a freakish shape!)

SS xx

Would something like this potentially fit your breasts? The babydoll drape could be altered so it doesn't swamp your waist.

http://www.simplyyours.co.uk/shop/product/details/show.action?pdLpUid=LX111&pdBoUid=3280&lpgUid=#colour:185,size:

I got measured at m&s. This was a few years ago and basically every bra fitted until recently, should get myself measured again.

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice ladies. I feel very supported (pun intended!) by y'all. You're absolutely right Hella, House of Fraser etc do have some things that fit, but they're not so good on peep-hole/crotchless/naughtyness undies as you guys at LH! I'm after something somewhat sluttier! The lacy cami things look promising, especially those with a bit of stretch for a wee bit of support, thanks girls.

Hella - I'd never actually wear it with the back size too big, that is a definite bosom sin! I was wondering whether I could buy like a 44 F to get a big enough cup and then take it in where I needed to. Needless to say, this didn't work at all! Cup still wasn't big enough and taking it in just made it a weird weird shape. Not something i'd advocate trying!

SS xx

You will def struggle for the naughtier side of lingerie SS, I've been looking for years :(

What Hella says bout Bravissimo isn't strictly true, until recently they only stocked bras by other manufacturers, Panache, Eveden - Freya/Fantasie, Miss Mandalay, Ballet etc. All these manufacturers use standardised systems and whilst the fit can vary depending on style it's not vastly different. These brands are available on the High St, John Lewis, House of Fraser etc, so if you're a 34K at R&P, you would be that in a Panache or Fantasie style regardless of where it was bought from. Hopefully R&P told you what to look for in a well fitting bra so you would know what adjustments to make if it didn't quite fit properly.

Bravissimo helped Panache develop the bras to K cup, and now to L cup... and then started to manufacture their own, based on these models...

R&P styles did used to be made by Eveden under licence, but they now do it themselves in house, but will again be similar in sizing to Fantasie and Freya.

As has been said trying the bigger back size to get the bigger cup is useless when you're this size, unfortunately :( If you do find anything, please let me know. All I have are the ones I linked in my earlier post.

Good luck x