Anyone have the Fun Factory ShareVibe USB Rechargeable Vibrating Double Strap On?

*Imagines sticking my suction cup dildo to the door, getting into my sex swing, planting feet against the door and going wiiiiiild* hehe.

I do agree that relationship status could effect how thoroughly you can review a product. (for example, couples toys) however, there are a lot of things that can stop someone thoroughly reviewing an item, like disability, sensitivity, preference etc.

For example, I've read plenty of reviews for a flared base dildo where the female reviewer never mentioned how it felt anally. I've read bullet reviews where the owner never mentions how it feels inside a masturbation sleeve. I could go on. The point is, not every person covers every aspect when reviewing. I think a single woman could review a sex swing more than enough to give a detailed opinion. (How easy was it to build. Is it sturdy? Did it hold your weight? Is the quality of materials good? Did it feel comfortable to sit/lay down in? Did you have any issues with it? etc etc). These are all things that we want to know and if covered, with help with about 90% of the decision on purchasing. The only thing missing really is "Did sex feel good/comfortable/possible while inside the swing" and that is a subjective opinion.

Where there is a will (and an imagination) there is a way and sometimes, sending a product to a person who "might not fit exactly" is a GREAT idea. Take the L'amourose Rosa...this was sent to me advertised as a g-spot stimulator. Turns out, when I used it on my male partner (anally) it blew his freakin mind and soon got transferred to our "boys toys" collection. I have even heard amazing feedback from men who have used the We-Vibe Tango CLITORAL vibrator. They stick it inside masturbation sleeves, or run it over the frenulum..and BOOM! I use my mains powered magic wand on him more than on me these days!

I have seen many a review from someone who the product doesn't quite fit and these are often the most interesting because it gives you new ideas on how to use the product. It also opens up my eyes to thinking "Wow, actually that would totally work for XYZ"

I think if Lovehoney always sent products to people who EXACTLY matched the item, it would be a whole host of positive reviews that are not so helpful. Imagine if Lovehoney had a powerful bullet vibrator to review and decided only female power-seekers would get to review it. Suddenly, all reviews are positive Then a woman with a more sensitive clitoris buys it and hates it and feels like she is wrong, or the reviews are "fixed".

@ fairelights: Ahem, I do not exclude that single men and women can have sex in any form they chose to. We've all been single at one point or another, and could be again in the future.

But her opinion in this particular case will not let me know if the swing was sturdy enough for the job, as she didn't "swing it" as a partner would. She can't tell if it would be comfortable in a real situation where someone else is involved in using it, for either or both parties. I'm not discriminating, I was just trying to point out that even if I value dearly the reviews and trust their honesty on LH, the "system" is not entirely reliable (given that they do chose not to publish some opinions, and given that they do not check all that thoroughly the suitability of the reviewer).

@ David: wouldn't it be nice to live in a world where all people are selfishly honest and say no to an expensive gift? Unfortunately we don't, so I would expect LH to protect its own interests by checking the reliability of their reviewers. Sending out one sex swing to just one person, and choosing that person without checking if he/she at that moment is really in the condition of giving a full review, I do think would be LH's staff's responsibility. Just because I might add a 34B bra to my tester's list does not mean I'll be able to comment if it is comfortable to wear if all my bra acquisitions were 38Ds. I could of course comment on the fabric, on the colour, if it washes well, whether you can dust well with it… Or if a single male ads a bra to his tester’s list, than he could comment on a number of things from his point of view including on how it feels to wear it, but he won’t be able to tell if it’s an accurate cup size and holds the weight up as a bra should. Just an example, of course.

@Fluffbags: so as my example above illustrates it, I’m not saying that you need to send out cuffs only to advanced bondage practitioners or exclusively to FSOG fans, but you do need to send it out to people that have hands and/or ankles. Reviews of the same cuffs are welcome from people without these body parts, but they should be bonuses, not investments. No disrespect intended. I’m just saying that when I choose a limited number of items to be sent out to people in exchange of honest reviews, I would expect more “traditional” (hence more appropriate, "on the topic") comments on this item’s use. Everything else should come secondary. Chances are, if I’m considering buying a sex swing, I probably want to use it as a sex swing initially and only later will I discover that I can rock my baby in it as well.

Anyway, do not want to be polemical or diverge from the topic. Hope all goes well this weekend for you, Vhorza. And if not, as mentioned before, you really can’t get any better returns policy than LH’s. So it’s always a win-win situation with them!

I have reviewed a swing that was sent to me for testing! If you are on about me, my profile does say im single but that doesnt mean im not having sex! If i get toys that are for couples because its from my account i write them from my point of view! i would never select a toy that was for couples that I couldnt test out with a partner!

era wrote:

@ fairelights: Ahem, I do not exclude that single men and women can have sex in any form they chose to. We've all been single at one point or another, and could be again in the future.

But her opinion in this particular case will not let me know if the swing was sturdy enough for the job, as she didn't "swing it" as a partner would. She can't tell if it would be comfortable in a real situation where someone else is involved in using it, for either or both parties. I'm not discriminating, I was just trying to point out that even if I value dearly the reviews and trust their honesty on LH, the "system" is not entirely reliable (given that they do chose not to publish some opinions, and given that they do not check all that thoroughly the suitability of the reviewer).

@ David: wouldn't it be nice to live in a world where all people are selfishly honest and say no to an expensive gift? Unfortunately we don't, so I would expect LH to protect its own interests by checking the reliability of their reviewers. Sending out one sex swing to just one person, and choosing that person without checking if he/she at that moment is really in the condition of giving a full review, I do think would be LH's staff's responsibility. Just because I might add a 34B bra to my tester's list does not mean I'll be able to comment if it is comfortable to wear if all my bra acquisitions were 38Ds. I could of course comment on the fabric, on the colour, if it washes well, whether you can dust well with it… Or if a single male ads a bra to his tester’s list, than he could comment on a number of things from his point of view including on how it feels to wear it, but he won’t be able to tell if it’s an accurate cup size and holds the weight up as a bra should. Just an example, of course.

@Fluffbags: so as my example above illustrates it, I’m not saying that you need to send out cuffs only to advanced bondage practitioners or exclusively to FSOG fans, but you do need to send it out to people that have hands and/or ankles. Reviews of the same cuffs are welcome from people without these body parts, but they should be bonuses, not investments. No disrespect intended. I’m just saying that when I choose a limited number of items to be sent out to people in exchange of honest reviews, I would expect more “traditional” (hence more appropriate, "on the topic") comments on this item’s use. Everything else should come secondary. Chances are, if I’m considering buying a sex swing, I probably want to use it as a sex swing initially and only later will I discover that I can rock my baby in it as well.

Anyway, do not want to be polemical or diverge from the topic. Hope all goes well this weekend for you, Vhorza. And if not, as mentioned before, you really can’t get any better returns policy than LH’s. So it’s always a win-win situation with them!

Actually, what you say about them choosing to not publish some opinions is just not true. If that were the case, why are there any negative reviews? Why are there reviews which are two lines long and give no helpful information whatsoever? Why aren't all the published reviews top quality glowing ones?

I think you've misunderstood them; they want their reviews to be about working products, so if the item was broken or in some way faulty and you reviewed it that way then they would not publish that review before they send you a working one and give you the chance to review it as a working product. I had this hapen to me too, except when I explained to them I had been sent the product as a tester and did not want a replacement my review was published instantly (in that case a sleeve inside a doll tore during use).

The only negative reviews I have not had published were on items that they chose not to stock!

Lovehoney do not choose to publish certain opinions. If you look through my profile you will see that I've posted several negitive reviews. I am always brutally honest with my reviews and I have never once, in all the time I've been here, had a review refused because of what I've wrote in it. Where do you even get your facts from because that's simply not true?!

Secondly, why should someone who is listed as single not be allowed to test something because they're not in a steady relationship? It's a sex swing, it's supposed to hold people's body weight, if you're interested buy it and if it doesn't hold your weight send it back. Having looked through all of the sex swing reviews before posting this I can't see where you're coming from. Most of the sex swings have more than one review, and the ones with only one review are from people in relationships.

Why should anyone be discriminated against because they can't write an accurate review as anyone else? Maybe a man wants to wear a bra, why shouldn't he be allowed to get a bra as a tester?! If someone adds a tester to their tester wishlist, it's not up to LoveHoney to judge their choices because of their relationship status, sex or sexual orientation.

I've bought things many of times that don't even have reviews because I know if it's crap I can sent it back to LH. I don't think it's very nice of you to come on here and start slagging people off because they were chosen to review something but werent in a relationship. That's just plain rude!

Also, how can you say that negitive reviews aren't oublished when the majority of your reviews are negitive anyway?!

Wow. Excuse me for existing! I think most of you have misread what I was saying altogether. Maybe that’s my fault, as English is not my mother tongue, or maybe you just think I’m an ill-intentioned bitch. Either way, I apologize to anyone who took it personally. I am a very open-minded person and was NOT trying to be judgemental at all (unlike some of you that have been on my case).

My facts come from my personal experience, and the LH mails in which I was being kindly asked to wait publishing the two opinions in question. I would much rather like to know where do you get off saying I’m a liar???

As I said before, just two of my reviews were asked to be revised and as I also mentioned before, I did not get the logic because other negative ones have been published by LH without a say. The items in question were lingerie (one men’s, one women’s), they are both still on stock, and they were poor quality, not faulty, so I sent them back and got a refund. Simple as that. Also, I did not get offended by the staff’s request at all, and I chose to let it go without further discussion. So I do not speak out of resentment or revenge or any other negative feelings, I wasn’t getting personal with anyone (more than once I stated I was merely using an example), and certainly didn’t mean to attack LH (I am still a happy customer since). I was just trying to underline a point to Vhorza, by reassuring him that despite the abovementioned incident, I rely heavily on reviews before purchase and I completely trust them being genuine. (By the way, arguing here about this is totally out of his topic now, and I find it disrespectful to him being his thread and all.)

So, I will leave this thread as is, I’m sorry I thought everyone was entitled to an opinion and the community was inclusive, not exclusive.

P.S.: IrishRose, I really don’t remember if it was your review I saw a while back or not, I just remember that the review itself actually said that the person did not at the time have a partner to try it with. It was several months back, and I have since passed to other activities so will not be spending my time rereading all reviews just to continue arguing with you all. Again, I really was not trying to be judgmental with anyone, please don’t assume I was.

Wow...