Are there any positions that you find it difficult to orgasm whilst in?

My OH can orgasm many times when lying down with her legs straight or on all fours while I perform oral, but she finds it difficult in other positions. The build up is all there, meaning that it is as if she is edging, (she gets the involuntary leg shakes), but the release only comes when she returns to one of the positions mentioned. She always assumed that her legs were not strong enough, but as we started fitness training a couple of months ago, and walk (a lot) this seems unlikely.
Does anyone else have similar experiences?

1 Like

I find it hard to orgasm in the doggy position or the cowgirl position. The best position I can orgasm in is on my back or on my side as the guy is behind me (not sure what’s that called).

4 Likes

Spooning, I love this! I also find it hard to orgasm in doggy, I used to be able to easily but now it’s like I’ve gone off that position. I always orgasm on my back with legs over shoulders or cowgirl hits the spot :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My wife can orgasm during doggy but it does take some time. Normally on her back is the best

1 Like

My OH puts too much pressure on herself, she feels like she is ‘doing something wrong’ (her words not mine) when she can’t orgasm in certain positions. Your reply’s have helped her see that is not the case.

I generally only have a clitoral orgasm from foreplay or me being on top - like you said, I will get really close in other positions but need direct contact with my clit. From what I’ve seen others reply on other threads here, that’s pretty normal for those with vaginas!

1 Like

OH needs clitoral stimulation also. That does seem to be the way for most people with a vagina. As long as she is enjoying what we do then I am happy. Not going to lie, the fact that the easiest way for her to orgasm is through oral sex makes me very happy as I love that part of our sex life

1 Like

I do find it hard to orgasm while I’m on top so for me, it’s best lying down too.

2 Likes

This is super common and absolutely ‘normal’. I definitely have preferred positions that I find it much easier in. In the past I found I was only able to climax in quite a specific way and so personally I found it helpful to mix up the positions that I masturbate in. For example, trying sitting upright on my knees or laying on my front. It almost feels a bit like muscle memory in a way. I find that it not only let my body get used to climaxing that way, but also helped me figure out what type of stimulation my body likes in that certain position (as I find it varies for me). I could then apply this to partnered sex.

It’s probably mostly psychological, as with everything, but it’s something I have found helped me, and I can now climax in most positions with the right stimulation :blush: Everyone is different so there’s definitely no ‘right’ way, and climaxing is just wonderful in itself so I’d say if you’re both enjoying it and having fun then there’s nothing to worry about at all.

1 Like

I agree with all of the above really. I can only orgasm with clitoral stimulation so position tends to be irregardless as long as one of us can get to my clit.
I tend to be a one orgasm kind of girl so once it’s done it really is an effort to get there again so we tend to edge a fair bit anyway as o loose interest if I orgasm to quickly.

2 Likes

That is super advice, thank you. We will definitely enjoy giving that a go. Nothing better than a bit of exploration and experimentation.

1 Like

OH gets very sensitive after first orgasm but we have found less direct stimulation means she can have more. Working above and below the clitoris is just as effective.

1 Like

For clitoral orgasms aslong as I’m relaxed I can achieve in most positions only one I can recall I’ve struggled with is standing. Although it is much quicker/easier lay on my back.

With vaginal orgasms I find me on top or with my legs over my OH shoulders are the two positions I can do this in.

2 Likes

I guess a bit different as a guy but same principle I guess, I love my partner being on top but sometimes I need to take back control to get the right rhythm to reach a climax. She can achieve orgasm in most positions as long as I can reach her clit too :yum:

2 Likes