Are toys OK to put in carry on luggage?

1* (because of the jumbled threads)

I've caught a bit of the travel bug and I want to bring back a fridge magnet and maybe a toy from each country I visit, lol. Would I have any issues with putting them in my carry on bag? I don't care if I get searched, I just don't want anything to be confiscated. This will only be for the short holidays, of course. I'd put them in the suitcase for longer stays.

Has anyone had any experience with taking/bringing back toys with you?

Just to make things easier, I live in the UK. I couldn't find any rules about not being allowed toys in the luggage.

Thanks.

1 Like

I don't have experience with taking toys in hand luggage but I would say be aware how many electronics you have in your carry on. The more electronic/motorised devices, the more chance you will have at getting the bag searched, which I know you say isn't a concern but still annoying.

Obviously, double check local laws about bringing sex toys in (if you are doing it that way around).

Be aware of the type of toy you are carrying. A metal dildo is more likely to be confiscated than a bullet vibrator as it could be used as a weapon. I'd also say avoid bondage gear. Basically, keep the toy small.

A sex toy shouldn't be confiscated just because it is a sex toy but I would suggest not buying/taking anything too precious to you or too expensive. If it is a battery operated toy, maybe don't travel with the batteries.

You should be fine but please don’t leave the batteries in the toys. You may be asked to make the toys work, to prove they are not ways of hiding drugs, but that’s very very rare almost only in America. So as long as you can cope with the possibility of your toy being flashed round in public should be fine.

we are of to Jamaica later this year, our checked luggage will be full of outfits for theme nights including latex and pvc, also about 15 toys. havnt been checked in the last 2 years.

We regularly take a couple of toys with us when we travel.

We have had to open up the toy bag for inspection a few times but nothing has ever been confiscated yet. I believe some countries can be a bit iffy though.

@ kelly_michelle - That's some good advice. Thank you. I was thinking about just taking small vibes and silicone dildos. Apparently, you are supposed to keep items like that in a clear bag just in case your luggage is searched so the inspector can see what it is. And if they ask, just answer honestly. "Yes, it's a sex toy."

@Fun Louise - I usually don't use battery powered toys these days but I will make sure mine are fully charged just in case. Thank you.

@ Mr & Mrs A - sounds great. Have a good time :P

@ rockstar - That's good to hear. None of those countries are on my list of yet but I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.