International travel with toys?

Hi everyone, I'm off on business to Turkey for two weeks and am considering taking a few toys with me. But just wondered... has anyone ever had any problems taking toys into / out of any countries?

The main reason I ask is that in Istanbul they scan every bag when you enter the airport (arriving and leaving) so if they're on the puritanical side of things they'll pick it up even if it's in your checked luggage.

Does anyone have any experience in this area? I did find a similar thread but it only briefly discussed whether people carried them in hand luggage or checked them in.

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

I think your best bet is to check the laws and conventions in the country you're going to. Generally Turkey is a pretty strict country so you're best to check what is ok or not. Then if it's ok to take them then I would take something that doesn't "look" like a sex toy. A small bullet vibe for example and maybe transfer lubricant to one of those little travel shampoo bottles you can buy. I'd say pack it in your main luggage and wrap it in something to protect it. I'd also say you're probably best to take any batteries out to make sure it doesn't go off randomly. Be as respectful of the rules as you can and you should be ok. I don't imagine there is a lot of literature out there on this but I hope you find some. Good luck, someone else on here might have better advice! I've never taken sex toys abroad (apart from to countries in the EU) as I'm never with my OH and usually with my parents so it's never been a real issue for me.

Ax

When we were heading out for our honeymoon, I had taken the luxury of putting a couple of sex toys in one of the suitcases. Just to be safe, I did make sure my OH was taking responsibility of said suitcase. Of course I didn't inform her that any toys were packed until we were about to approach the check-out desk, and advised her to keep calm that they 'probably' wouldn't pick up on it, or have words with her about it and to start praying they didn't start buzzing. Nothing like making your woman panic....

I knew it would be fine, but she wasn't to know that. It amused me if nothing else.

We took quite a bit of stuff to the Carribean with us in August. They searched my case and found a spanking paddle but probably thought it was a beach game bat or something! LOL

But I would imagine they've seen it all before and there will be no problems or they'll just confiscate the stuff.

SG69

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

We took quite a bit of stuff to the Carribean with us in August. They searched my case and found a spanking paddle but probably thought it was a beach game bat or something! LOL

But I would imagine they've seen it all before and there will be no problems or they'll just confiscate the stuff.

SG69

You do have to be careful though...there's not much more they can do other than confiscate things but they CAN make things difficult if they don't like something, they can make your travel experience take a lot longer if you have something they don't like.

Ax

I've always worried about taking toys away. I took a few in my suitcase to tenerife with my ex tho and we were fine. If ur really worried take something discreet like adna said. Maybe something more like a massager... The Lelo toys can be travel locked & u might get away with the MIA as a USB memory stick? X

Or to be on the safe side if you're that worried just don't take any at all!

SG69 x

Yeah I'd say if your that worried don't take them!

You could buy some when your over there?

or just take the throwaway ones? like the basics range? that way if they are confiscated, its not a big loss?

I've just taken a Death by orgasm bullet to Greece no problems in customs, or on the beach, in a taverna, the hotel or an alley

x

1 Like

Holy shit, brilliant idea, getting into Schipol airport on a rocket powered Great American Challenge!!!

TB

tallboy247 wrote:

Holy shit, brilliant idea, getting into Schipol airport on a rocket powered Great American Challenge!!!

TB

Ooo been there - taxi-ing over the scary bridge over the motorway with no barriers!!

x

No probs m and s just handcuff yourself to me, we can cross the divide together!!

TB

tallboy247 wrote:

No probs m and s just handcuff yourself to me, we can cross the divide together!!

TB

Will hold you to that! And hide the key about my person! Am a complete whimp when it comes to flying too!!!

x

LoveHoney - Carly wrote:

We came up with a pretty complete buyers guide of http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2009/11/02/holiday-sex-toys-travel-flying/ which may help. Much of it based on LoveHoney's "lets take Sqweel to Berlin with us - yeah, that's a great idea!" escapades....

Lol would've loved to have been the customs officer who scanned Carly and Bonnies bags External Media

x

1 Like

Hi everyone.

Thanks for all the comments. Sorry for not responding sooner. On the Sunday when I was going to pack I'd forgotten we were going to some fireworks that evening so I was in a bit of a rush when we got back!

In the end I decided not to risk it and didn't take anything. Had I been travelling on my own I probably would have, but as I was travelling with 3 other people it might have been a bit tricky trying to explain why I was held up if anything had happened!