Are you all able to speak freely offline?

I find talking online much easier, however one of my good friends opened up to me a few years back after he got together with a girl (now his fiancé) whom had a child and the birth of my son. We were then and still are the only two in our circle with kids. We do not gossip but if one of us has a problem or needs advice we just call.

I know everyone has difficulties finding time etc once they have kids but to have a friend offline as well as everyone on here, it really helps at times.

My friends and I talk fairly freely abot sex and relationships but some of them aren't as adverntureous as others so they end up sitting awkwardly sometimes haha

I have a blog that I run which has a very taboo sexual topic with just short of a thousand subscribers; although it's not directly what I do sort of thing, It's alot of my own imagination gone into it. That I've told and can't tell anyone about.

Other than past partners, I don't really have anyone I can share alot of what I get up to, with; but on the internet, it's not as real as telling a friend.

I have with basically all of my friends, they just shrug it off if they happen to spot the odd dildo or lingerie. We all frequently talk about what's happening in all of our sex lives xx

I'm a very honest person anyway and although I might not bring it up if I'm asked I'll always answer honestly. I'm not embarrassed or ashamed at all so I don't actually mind talking freely and i do have quite a few people that I can tell all too but I do find online easier.

There's not much difference between how open I am on here and in the real world. It tends to depend on who I'm talking to, as different people have different thresholds in terms of how comfortable they are talking about sex and I do try to respect that (otherwise, I'd probably be talking about it ALL of the time)

I do have a couple of close friends who I can talk to freely about sex and who I am perfectly happy to discuss - one of them is an Ann Summers rep so we all end up discussing toys and lingerie more often than not. Saying that, we don't tend to delve into each other's sex lives often - I don't tend to bring it up as I believe the intimate aspect of sex is for those involved only, so it should be at their discretion.

I love that we can be open with each other as it's not something I'd ever discuss with my family.

Hmm.... If I a. Honest, till recently, I could be possibly be classed a some what reserved, And I would feel weird discussing anything sexual on or offline.
As a survivor of an abusive relationship, sex was a thing that I never enjoyed, and was all about him... When he wanted it etc and the way he wanted it. Talk was. Not to get aroused, it was to demean and quite foul
After leaving that relationship of 20 years, I kept celibate till my final divorce papers came through... Till now, 3 years on finding that my sexual appetite I had at uni were probably suppressed all this time.
Opening up here on line has surprised me more than anything, as I have. Found myself talking far more frankly about my desires/ fantasies / exl etc. Than I would have imagined.
Since then, I have managed to rediscover me again, and I have a fellow survivor who I have now started talking about these things... She has been like" omg! You have finally woken up !" She never thought I would talk about sex, let alone getting my feet (literally) or even talk to her about it. She was always quite frank about her sex life, and I would still find it awkward..... Now... I am a liberated woman!!😇

Since being on these forums I know that if I had a query or problem that I can come on here and talk freely and get some good advice.
I find it easier to talk about sex on here because of the anonymous aspect of it. In fact being on here has really opened my eyes a lot!

I don't particularly talk specifically about MY sex life but with my friends and colleagues at work we're always talking about sex or things to do with sex, nothing phases me. I quite like how open people can be, shows how times have changed for some people.

TBH i never talk about stuff offline and that's for no reason other than i just don't want to plus the fact i have some strange fetishes that are either hard to explain online let alone offline

Not sure if this counts differently to online/on the forums but i talk to a female friend of 8+ years over in NI about sex and such via skype now and again in between other conversations and if the subject were to come up when she visits somepoint this year i'd not have a problem discussing it probably because it's something we've done online many a time so why change.

Nobody I feel comfortable enough to talk to.

Absolutely no problem at all for me in talking about this stuff, whether it be online or in real life. Generally that would be with male friends, because talking about anything vaguely erotic with a female friend gets taken as a sign that I want to bone her and usually ends up with us not being friends any more when I say no sorry I was just making conversation!

I can be open about anything with anybody I trust, most of the people I know tend to discuss these sorts of things with me because I have very open mind. :)
I find it'sactually a very good topic to discuss over coffee :L but maybe thats just me :)

No way, I don't really have any close friends offline, so there's nobody I could openly talk to about sex related topics.
If I met any of my online friends in the flesh, I wouldn't have a problem talking to them about that kind of stuff, since we'd know each other well enough.

I love being able to talk about it but find it easier talking to female friends as they are usually more open and it sometimes ends up feeling awkward talking to male friends.

I have no-one. Absolutely no-one to talk to, turn to for help, or discuss any sexual matters. My wife totally refuses to talk about sex-related issues with me. She's 100% frigid, has more problems than a nuclear power station in meltdown, and I'm as lonely as hell. I am beyond fed up. I've considered topping myself a few times because of it. (Sorry - got carried away but this is how I feel).

I've got to say: it really, really, really hurts having no-one to speak to about sex problems. They affect so many people, yet there is usually no support other than charlatan money-grabbing internet sites. I can't believe our NHS sex therapist could be so bad - she left us dumped and broken. Worse is, as a man, we men are assumed to be able to handle it all in our stride. How? Why?

Now, a while back I placed a post on this site for help with our dehydrated marriage, and I received more friendly and helpful advice than I got from our useless sex therapist. You folks are really supportive, and thank you! And thank you to Lovehoney for making this available. You are doing a massive social good!

/ hugs Mr f.. That is some testimony, and I can only say thank you for coming here to get some support. When you feel alone in anything, it seems that any issue is too hard to solve. I also have little in the way of offline mates to talk about things, and ppl here have helped me out of my shell.
I am usually quite shy.( I know... Some ppl will think otherwise from my posts😉)
Ultimately confidence issues always hold me back. I have rediscovered that naughtymum in me here
/ hugs😘

Thanks NM - its really good to have your encouragement! Hugs!

I have always been an open and honest person and speak quite liberally about most things. Sexually though I have my fwb who is actually my ex partner, we split a while ago for a number of reasons.
We talk about literally anything and I don't judge him the same as he doesn't judge me. We have both seen other people since we split but could never find the excitement or the fun we were used to.
We get on better being apart and for us our fwb situation works just fine.

Mr F I really hope that you manage to resolve your situation, I have been in the same position as you and it is extremely frustrating and so difficult to understand why. I will always chat as will most of us on here to help and support you.

Thanks Chastity 78! Most kind, as are you all here.