Are you all able to speak freely offline?

So I'm just wondering, these forums are great at opening up and sharing advice with each other. How many of you have this in person, with non sexual friendships etc

I've always been very refrained from exposing information about my sex life with my friends, partly because 2 of them are in relationships with my brothers - I don't need to know about family haha

Yesterday however was somewhat of a revelation when meeting a friend of nearly 10years, it was always an avoided topic but suddenly the barrier came down and all was revealed! Its fantastic to be able to speak so freely about experiences and desires outside of a relationship.

How have you found bringing this topic up with others?

I have one real world friend that I speak to as openly as I do on here. It is a great thing to have.

It's great, we swapped loads of advice and resulted in her placing a £60 lovehoney order this morning!

I don't have anyone at all offline to chat to about anything, nevermind sexual stuff.

Nope don't have anyone I would talk to about sex really. I am happy too, if it ever became apparent my friends would like to discuss it then I would love to. I know thought that I don't have the sort of friends who speak freely about it.

That's why I am so happy to have found this forum :)

I am happy to speak about anything here, with strangers, but wouldn't with anyone else.

I guess i l ike the thought of sharing my experiences with like minded people like your lovely selfs! :)

I'm very open about everything and anything both on and offline. I just don't seem to be fitted with a stop button and it just comes out of my mouth, if I want to know something I'll ask it. If someone wants to ask me something I'd rather them ask it than non ask it.

I'm firmly in the closet. I go to great trouble in hiding my sex toy collection and my fetishes. It would really ruin things for me if anyone in life did find out.

I'm really open about my sexual life, I don't really talk about it though unless asked but I find you have to tell the right people. I have a few friends who on occasion I chat with especially if they are too shy to ask anyone else about certain things but I mostly chat on here :D

I did tell a friend and he got so excited that he knew a girl into toys that he bragged to his mates...and even told them who I was....safe to say, we had words haha!! X

amandammmm wrote:

Um, most of my friends are mums that believe that what happens in the bedroom stays in the bedroom, but I have a couple of colleagues that are open and can have a laugh with. And chat about sex and toys etc.

This reminds of a conversation I had with a friend a while back. I have a 2 year old who for various reasons is a terrible sleeper, so he spends a lot of time in our bed. So when my friend realised this, he said, 'oh god, that must be hard on husband and wife time', i just said no not really. Clearly confused he was like 'oh no do you just go without'. Then i got bored with his silly questions so just said 'we just do it it in the lounge, or when he has an afternoon nap, or when he goes to his nan's on a wednesday evening'. his face was a picture, he clearly thought if we couldn't in bed at bedtime then we weren't doing it, lol.

FrozenAngel wrote:

I'm very open about everything and anything both on and offline. I just don't seem to be fitted with a stop button and it just comes out of my mouth, if I want to know something I'll ask it. If someone wants to ask me something I'd rather them ask it than non ask it.

I'm exactly the same I think it's a northern thing these southern women are so interested and ask me everything and anything.... I also buy gifts of here :)

I do not have any close friends that I could discuss a sexual topic with.

So, I use the forum on here and I find everyone very helpful and do not feel embarrassed at all asking questions which I have found quite liberating. X x

i am living in France so does that mean I am the furthest south !!!

Gem26 wrote:

FrozenAngel wrote:

I'm exactly the same I think it's a northern thing these southern women are so interested and ask me everything and anything.... I also buy gifts of here :)

haha maybe hun! I buy gifts off here too. I brought my best friend the Tango and a glass dildo for Christmas, the gift tag was addressed to her Vagina as she's long overdue haha.

FrozenAngel wrote:

Gem26 wrote:

FrozenAngel wrote:

haha maybe hun! I buy gifts off here too. I brought my best friend the Tango and a glass dildo for Christmas, the gift tag was addressed to her Vagina as she's long overdue haha.

Wish my friends bought me sex toys. I just get the usual bath sets, socks and chocolates, lol.

Do have one friend that we do discuss sex, but it's mostly his.

I'd quite happily talk about sex to anyone but no one I know seems to want to lol :)
I wouldn't discuss the really intimate details of mine and my partners sex life but I'll happily talk dildos with anyone (except perhaps my parents!)

Personally, I think sex is something so intimate, that I like to keep it that way. There's no reason that anyone other than me and my husband need to know about our sex life, in real life. I can't stand seeing women and men gossiping about their sex lives. Everyone has sex, it's a known fact, so why spread that all over? Don't get me wrong, there has been the odd occasion where my best friend has asked for advice and some details have been told, but I'm not the type of person to gossip about what goes on in the bedroom. I don't think my husband would mind if I did talk about it, and I wouldn't mind if he wanted to talk about it with other people, if anything they would probably be envious that we're parents of young children, married and still manage to have an amazing sex life. But for us, it's just something that's between us, and it's more intimate that way. If anyone started talking openly with me about them having sex with their partner I would probably be uncomfortable and grossed out. There's no way I want the mental image of what goes on between some of our friends that are couples. I just don't see the need in it, I feel like some people do it just to try and feel better about themselves or show off, but that's just not my thing. I don't care if anyone thinks I'm a massive hit in the bedroom, or a massive prude, all that matters is what my husband thinks and the connection that we have together.

I met my best friend on this forum and we've been best of friends for over a year now. We can talk about absolutely anything, on line, off line, on the Phone and face to face.
It great to have a friend that I can confide in about anything.

I feel that anything I say on here, is not anything I wouldn't say offline. I'm very open about most things. I may curb some of the more explicit details, but generally, how I am on here is pretty much how I am offline.

I'm lucky that my best friend is someone who I can talk to about absolutely anything and we often dicuss and trade thoughts & ideas on toys and sex. Having someone else to give their thoughts on certain toys etc is great. We even both have a few of the same toys due to recommending them to each other.

We also have another friend who asks both of us for advice and we're more than happy to help her boost her confidence and sex life.

I've bought both of them a few things from here to help boost or help ease open new areas for them with their partners. From tame things like massage oil and blindfolds to silk restraints, floggers and handcuffs. Both have found that because it was a gift, it was easier to say "Hey look what she bought us" and introduce it into their sex life and have fun with it rather than having the awkwardness of trying to work out how to get their other halves to open up to more ideas.

These are the exception though and most people I wouldn't discuss sex or toys in such detail with.