Are you into Vinyl, MP3 or CD!? ๐ŸŽถ

Vinyl is my love (second to my hubby of course!). Although I won't let anyone touch my LP collection, not even him!

Got an awesome collection from; all The Beatles records, Amy Winehouse, Adele, Foo Fighters, All the available Oasis albums on LP, Noel Gallagher, David Bowie, Coldplay, The Eagles, Queen, Chilli Peppers, Blondie, Biggie Smalls - you get the picture!

I've absolutely enjoyed collecting my records and they are all new from when I had them (obvs. re-issues for todays generation). I've four boxes, but no more room in the house - so my collection, sadly must now be complete.

My personal favourites are 'Rock and Roll' and 'Walls and Bridges' by John Lennon.

'Double Fantasy' is an amazing album by him and Yoko - I can't get the re-issue on LP yet (has to be new condition) as it's currently not available - shocking!!

Paul McCartney - Flowers In The Dirt (a tribute to his late wife Linda) is pretty amazing too. xxx

Love my music so much, all genres!! ๐Ÿ’— ๐ŸŽถ ๐ŸŽง ๐Ÿ“ป

How about you...?

My stepdad gave me his Queen vinyls and Iโ€™m in love with them. They are some of my most treasured possessions. I usually have a band/artists entire catologue saved digitally in alphabetically ordered playlists but I still get physical copies of my all time favourite artists releases and albums with the best cover art and/or hidden tracks that canโ€™t be found elsewhere.

Music is everything! Iโ€™m constantly organising my collection and love to discover new artists from all eras. Thereโ€™s something about vinyls that is so beautiful to me though.

I stream these days, as does the family since i pay for a monthly subsription for us all.

Being a teen in the early nineties, there was a resurgence in vinyl at the time, and i had a record player, and still do have (somewhere) some vinyl in crazy colours and shapes such was the trend. I have nothing to listen to them on now, and i'm not fussed as I can access whatever i want whenever i want as long as i have an internet connection, and I'm no high fidelity connosieur so streaming is fine for my needs

It was CD's for me. I was gutted when my car didn't have a CD player and hated the touch screen they replaced it with and Bluetooth. I missed the physical touch of CD's. 2 years later, I don't own any and now stream my music and wish I'd done it sooner!

Purring-Pussy wrote:

It was CD's for me. I was gutted when my car didn't have a CD player and hated the touch screen they replaced it with and Bluetooth. I missed the physical touch of CD's. 2 years later, I don't own any and now stream my music and wish I'd done it sooner!

Bless you! It's amazing how much technology has changed in such a short space of time and how we have to adapt (like it or not) to it - I don't think you realise until you're sucked into it.

Believe me I listen through Bluetooth with mp3's etc. as much as the next person, It just depends on what suits the occasion and what's more easily accessible at the time.

It's cool that you have managed to part with your CD's and go electronic completely! - a lot more space saving too, as hubby kindly keeps reminding me! Lol. x ๐Ÿ˜‰

NatandTom wrote:

My stepdad gave me his Queen vinyls and Iโ€™m in love with them. They are some of my most treasured possessions. I usually have a band/artists entire catologue saved digitally in alphabetically ordered playlists but I still get physical copies of my all time favourite artists releases and albums with the best cover art and/or hidden tracks that canโ€™t be found elsewhere.

Music is everything! Iโ€™m constantly organising my collection and love to discover new artists from all eras. Thereโ€™s something about vinyls that is so beautiful to me though.

This is sooooo cool!!! xx ๐Ÿ˜

Mp3, if possible I will download in FLAC.

I use Spotify daily, I am more likely to give new or obscure artists and music a try if I haven't had to buy a cd, vinyl etc. I grew up mostly with cassettes and then CD.

However, I do have a record player and a small collection of vinyl that I would like to grow. I can't have the record player out permanently even though it is only a small portable one, so to set it up and put some vinyl on becomes a little more special, a bit more of an event and a treat. My favourite albums on vinyl are my David Bowie ones, particularly Blackstar, although they are obviously new releases not original. I love all different types of music though.

I agree with my 'vinyl playing' being a treat. ๐ŸŽง ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต

My record player isn't permanently set up, so I too look forward to that special and personal 'me' time! xx

Loving the comments on here! ๐Ÿ˜

P. S. I like Spotify on my tablet too, currently got a free trial with Deezer (from buying Pr*****s crisps).

I have to say equally as good, if not better than Spotify!

So, all good in the land of tunes at the moment! x

Only downside to Spotify is that thereโ€™s a limit for the amount of songs you can save to your library and I passed mine so had to move everything into playlists instead. It took weeks to sort through everything :(

I own a lot of vinys though got nothing to play them on. Would love to own a record player again.

We still have a wall of CDs. Even today, people say wow when they see a wall of CDs, and we like them. We play them off CD sometimes.

However, everything on the CDs is ripped and available to all the devices in the house and a changeable subset on portable devices.

We also use Spotify, to gain access to new talent and new tracks, but we do try to acquire CDs of things we really like, and we listen to the radio at times, sometimes Classic FM, sometimes a whole swathe of channels like some of the Smooths, Absolutes, Magics and Hearts.

So, we are all over the place!

I have cds in my car as I feel itโ€™s safer (donโ€™t tend to swap and change as much as a tablet or phone device). At home we have a network with MP3s shared to all devices and speakers.

I prefer streaming as opposed to vinyl or CD. Spotify lets me play my music on multiple formats.

I absolutely adore music and have a really wide taste in styles and genres to suit my moods. I used to collect CD's and had thousands of them stored but sold them all recently as everything I need is easier to stream online. If I really love an album then I try to buy it on vinyl. I think you appreciate it more when you go to the effort of placing it on the turntable.

Vinyl every day for me

Vinyl for house and mp3 /4 for the car. All my vinyl are first issues from as far back as the late 50s and proud to say that being old enough to have been at live recordings of AC-DC If you want blood you got it, Queen Live Killers and Thin Lizzy Live and Dangerous.

My neighbour gave me a record player in th 90s and I loved it. I was poor so the only music I could afford were second-hand EPs from the local market (I really got into new wave and indie bands as a result). I'm talking 20p-50p bargains.

Nowadays I just have mp3s as they take up less physical space.

Vinyl, going get a new album today ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Buy CD's these days. I prefer the physical thing of a disc to d/l's. Think part of it is that I've got what I paid for in my hands, different to a paid for piece of non-physical data which can be lost in the depths of soneone's computer or on-line.

Been having a sort out of stuff I've hoarded. I found loads of vinyl. Still keeping some of my favourite albums, plus those which have some kind of sentimental value.

Also I've bought new vinyl. Mainly coloured special editions, or half speed mastered stuff. I lent my Ion turntable to someone. Used it to transfer some stuff.

Anyone have any ideas on what turntable I might buy to relisten to some of this stuff.