Vinyl, CD or download ?

What's your preference when listening to music ? At home I love to be able to browse my record collection & put something on depending on my mood. In the car I like to have a couple of memory cards that I can load up with downloaded albums and tracks. Likewise with my phone. The only medium I can't get away with is CDs, don't know why, just never took to them.

At the moment it's downloads on my phone... And I've a connection that connects from my phone into sound system in my car... Always have some form of music on somewhere... :)

For buying music I prefer downloading, simply because of convienience and cost. Although I do like to get a CDs when possible. For listening I pretty much just listen to everything via Spotify.

I'd love to start collecting Vinyls but I can't afford my inevitable collection addiction. :P

Likewise LSB......music everywhere :)
You're right about the vinyl addiction Ikey !!!!

Paolio wrote:

Likewise LSB......music everywhere :)
You're right about the vinyl addiction Ikey !!!!

I blare it constantly, even at work.. People know I'm on a particular section just coz my music is on.. I'm so random with my taste though like I listen to suit my mood and I'm a serious trance head but love rock indie punk r n b sometimes even classical and some Irish trad too..

Lots of current bands / artists are releasing stuff on vinyl which is great. Hoping to pick up Imelda May's new album at the weekend :)

As long as the music is good, I can go vinyl, cassette, CD or digital :) Okay, I'm lying. I love vinyl and the crackling noise! Nothing beats that!

If I am buying music I will buy CD or vinyl the last album I bought was Ed Sheeran's multiply on vinyl I wandered in to HMV intending to get the CD ended up gettinhg the LP when I saw how well stocked the vinyl section now is I can remember a time when i was collecting records all my local one sold was DJ records maybe a few 7" singles thankfully there was an independent record store that could satisfy my cravings

for day to day listen in I do use spotify and grooveshark a lot

downloads just because they're easier. I have a vast collection of cd's though

We use downloads for music and films. That way we can put them on a USB and put them on loads of stuff 😃

I prefer downloads. If I want music I want it immediately. I'm like this with books too. The OH prefers cd's. He likes to have what he's bought physically in his hand.

Downloads and spootify

Cd`s and cd`s converted to USB and also copied to my phone.As for vinyl...i`m old enough to remember what a pain it is! Buying new LP`s that have skips and jumps due to faults,then hiss and crackle after numerous plays despite looking after them.Plus the inconvenience of having to turn them over! The only good thing was the decent sized art on the sleeves! he resurgence of vinyl at an extortionate price mystifies me! I think it`s clueless trendies buying it!

I play everything off my phone or laptop, I have my most favourite albums on CDs and a couple of Vinyls. I'd love to have a record player and huge collection of vinyls, I study sound engineering & am always looking out for cool stuff to do with music ^_^

I guess I'm a CD person, I had a CD player in the car before most people had one in their house! but have downloaded some since, I've also a "cassette deck" from the 80's which can give near CD quality, pity it's now useless, I've also a valve amplifier which I feed CD or I pod through! in the loft is our Pioneer turntable that still works, so I'v used almost everything! - too 'young' for 8-track!

Hmmmmm looks like I'm a clueless trendy.......not sure if that's good or bad :-)

Sorry Paolio! How old are you? I`m just cynical that the record companies are selling vinyl at an inflated price to poeople who aren`t old enough to remember what a pain in the arse it can be!![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

No bother Will, my first single was Devil Gate Drive by Suzi Quatro so that should give you a clue as to how old I am. I just prefer the experience of browsing my collection & putting something on to suit my mood. I've also got a jukebox which is great for parties. Most people I talk to seem to like vinyl (maybe it's nostalgia) for the experience but prefer CDs or download for ease and adaptability (not many people have a record player in the car). Each to their own I suppose :-)

We`re roughly the same age then,i`m 51.I still have some vinyl from back in the day,couldn`t part with my double gatefolds! But i much prefer cd`s for their ease of use and convenience! Also USB ports in modern cars mean you can take your whole collection with you! As for browsing my collection,i have everything on my phone,so i can browse all i like! Also,by bluetoothing to my surround system via an £8 bluetooth reciever from Aldi,i can soundtrack parties with ease!![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)