Arm shaving

Question for the ladies (guys you can input too if your OH does this).
Just wondered if any of you shave your arms, as in the whole arm, not just your armpits, like you'd shave your legs.
I'm naturally blonde, so my hair is quite fair, but still noticeable, but haven't shaved my arms since I was a teen, not sure if it's the done thing!
What do you reckon?

This is something thats always been in my mind with women.

I've never known a partner of mine to shave their arms, but all my partners have been white English.

I say this because growing up, I used to see my mother wax her arms, so just assumed this was the norm. Coming from and Indian background, I am sure this is the norm in India but then we have darker hair so more prominent.

My ex had some darker hairs on her arms but never really bothered me.

My wax therapist has male clients who opt for full body so everyone has their own preferences.
What ever you fell comfortable with.

My mum always used to shave her arms, always. But it never occured to me to do it. Even though I am so pale I practically sparkle like the guys from Twilight, lol. I'm also a brunette, so I think it's pretty clear to most people I meet that I have hair on my arms. To be honest though it just doesn;t bother me enough to add yet another body part ot my shaving regime, lol.

However, that said, I bought some latex gloves a while back and I think to wear them comfortably I would need to shave my arms, because even with all the talc in the world it just felt like my hair was causing friction that I really could do without. So this may have to be something I revisit in the future.

x

I epilate mine but I have pcos, I only do it more in summer when im going to have arms on show. Im naturally hairier than most woman because of hormonal imbalance. It depresses me at times but I just learnt to deal with it. I have a tash too but its blonde so not too bad my dear husband is used to seeing me as I am all hairy its natrual really, I barely shave unless I have need to as its such a task, also I get ingrowing hairs badly. I found threading my face was best. As im diabetic and cant wax.

@JJ interesting, thanks for your input. My swinging partner gets waxed all over, I tease him for it, as I like some hair on my men, it's just oh so manly.

@LadyS, I'll come and sparkle with you! I agree, don't know if I can be bothered with the added shaving.

@CG does epilation keep the hairs at bay longer? Only had my eyebrows threaded, wasn't too bad an experience.

Yeah it just plucks them out faster with a rolling barrel I get about 2 weeks max then I have regrowth. Same with threading really but I havent had that done in a long while. The place that I love most is out of town and expensive but worth it as some cheaper place hack me using cheap thread x

CheekyGirl18 wrote:

I epilate mine but I have pcos, I only do it more in summer when im going to have arms on show. Im naturally hairier than most woman because of hormonal imbalance. It depresses me at times but I just learnt to deal with it. I have a tash too but its blonde so not too bad my dear husband is used to seeing me as I am all hairy its natrual really, I barely shave unless I have need to as its such a task, also I get ingrowing hairs badly. I found threading my face was best. As im diabetic and cant wax.

+1 - I was going to say, I don't shave my arms as my hair is blonde and I don't have a lot, but if you are thinking about it, perhaps epilation is best? I do this on my armpits and it hurts like hell (less so if you keep up with it), but it's worth it as the re-growth is finer and the results last much longer.

CheekyGirl- I didn't realise being diabetic mean you can't wax. Why is this?

SR36 wrote:

CheekyGirl18 wrote:

+1 - I was going to say, I don't shave my arms as my hair is blonde and I don't have a lot, but if you are thinking about it, perhaps epilation is best? I do this on my armpits and it hurts like hell (less so if you keep up with it), but it's worth it as the re-growth is finer and the results last much longer.

CheekyGirl- I didn't realise being diabetic mean you can't wax. Why is this?

I'm diabetic too and was told I can't wax. Heres why:

The reason for this is partly related to the complication known as http://www.diabetes.org.uk/Guide-to-diabetes/Teens/What-is-diabetes/Complications/, which can lead to a lack of feeling, usually in the feet and legs, although it can occur in other body parts too. As a result of this, a person may not be aware that something is burning them until the damage is done.

I have neuropathy from spinal surgery down my right leg and foot. Can't feel much and no reflex :-(

I have problems with arm hair but ive always been told never to shave as the hairs will grow back thicker so I use hair removal cream, its quick, painless and the results last a good couple of weeks! :)

Ive never done it n have no interest 2, and im dark haired x

I shave my arms hunni. To be fair the hair on my arms was never tha bad but I HATE any kind of hair unless it's on my head lol! I hate wearing a watch or bracelet and it catches the hair on my arms ouch!!! I also feel better if I put fake tan on as it's much easier to apply. So many reasons I shave my arm hair to be quite honest lol x

Never shaved my arms .know one ever told me to do or not so i just left them

I have friends who have dark brown/black hair on thier arms who used to shave them.

Me, I have very hairy arms but they are very light blonde so because of that reason I wouldn't ever bother to shave them however,
If I had darker hair I probably would shave them.

Never shaved my arms but I have very fine, blonde hair - think I'd maybe consider it if I had dark or thick hair.

no just my pits

I don't shave my arms. My hair is very fair though.

My sister does but she is very dark haired.

I am a very dark haired on head and brows but really light fine hair everywhere else so never had a prob with hair on arms I even get away with going bout 3months between waxing before hair long enough to wax but my friend has lighter hair then me and she shaves her arms elbow to wrist as she's really doent like her arm hair so each to there own just invest in some good shaving gel if I was you x

Yes as purring pussy says as diabetes can damage nerves you risk damging yourself when you can't feel it. I just bruise easily too so found waxing hurt like hell I did my face twice and only if im desperate but I generally leave it all to grow cant be bothered with Beauty sector only makes you feel like you have to x

I have shaved my arms for a long time, it is just normal to me now. I aways really bothered me and people woud comment on them. Since shaving them I feel more confident. If you want to do it then go ahead. :) With some qulity shaving cream and a good razor I don't see it causing any problems. :)

I've never shaved my arms the hair on them is light colour and don't do my pits if it's not neccessary i don't know any one who routienly shaves their arms in my college days one girl bravely volunteered to have an arm wax but that's it