Asking out a cute girl.

hey leon dont over think

Do you have her number? You could text her. Personally I wouldn't like to be asked out by someone when I'm about to move away! Will she still be close by? If shes going away to college quite far I would just say something along the lines of 'before you go, I just wanted you to know you make my day brighter and I'll really miss you' and ask her if you can keep in touch. If she's staying local I would say to her even though she's leaving work you really enjoy the time you spend together and would she like to go out for a drink sometime. I wouldn't do the cinema you can't talk.

Then again I'm usually the one asking people out! one of my ex's was really shy, after a night out we were sat at his and my friend said are we going, so I plonked myself on his knee, fluttered my eyelashes at his and said "can I stay the night with you?" and he said, "sure you can have my bed if you want and I'll stay on the couch". lol. So I took it a bit slower and got a kiss out of him 3 days later.

lilac_vix wrote:

So I took it a bit slower and got a kiss out of him 3 days later.

Lilac you outrageous and unsuportable minx lol

I know I was so restrained, I waited a whole 10 days for his virginity AND I took him out on me. I deserved sex after having to watch nightmare on elm street.

Cute girls react much the same as regular girls. Ask, what's the worst that can happen? She says no, you move on.

lilac_vix wrote:

I know I was so restrained, I waited a whole 10 days for his virginity AND I took him out on me. I deserved sex after having to watch nightmare on elm street.

Mrs G had no such problems...she got me in bed on the first date, nbut then I hadnt been with a woman for 2 yrs, i think she knew the lie of the land lol

Leon Bellmont wrote:

Well it didn't happen. I just couldn't muster up the courage. I wont see her again till Saturday and that is when I will do it. I just couldn't get my mind to focus right. I over thought the whole thing but I know I didn't say anything that would jepordise my chance, it went just like a normal day. Any way thanks again for the advice and I'm sure this time next week I will have better news.

Hi... you sound exactly like me when I was younger! I guess that makes me officially the worst possible person to offer you any advice. What I would say by way of reassurance, though, is that if Amber isn't interested, then there's nothing that you can say or do which will change that; conversely, if she's smitten, then you don't need to do anything spectacular to get things going.

I don't recall exactly what I said to the lady who would later become my wife in order to shift things from friendship to dating. It wasn't particularly clever or well thought out (it certainly wasn't a "good line" or a perfect speech) and I didn't deliver it with suave assurance -- I just said what seemed right at the time. It worked, all the same.

lilac_vix wrote:

Then again I'm usually the one asking people out! one of my ex's was really shy, after a night out we were sat at his and my friend said are we going, so I plonked myself on his knee, fluttered my eyelashes at his and said "can I stay the night with you?" and he said, "sure you can have my bed if you want and I'll stay on the couch". lol. So I took it a bit slower and got a kiss out of him 3 days later.

Heh... maybe I missed a trick there. Two of my female dates asked to stay overnight (somewhat to my amazement), and so I politely offered them a spare bed in my flat. I guess I was hoping that they might pounce on me in the night, but I didn't dare to give out any hints about that, and nothing happened.

Maybe suggest a picnic together. Something neutral, relaxed and nothing too full on.

Casually try let her know how you feel without seeming too "needy" or desperate.

Depending on how the conversation goes, maybe whisper in her ear that you have feelings for her and suggest that she could maybe move in with you for a trial period of maybe 4 to 6 months to see if you really get along together.

You come across as a decent fellow just from reading your posts.

He who dares wins! Good luck fella.

I asked out Amber last night and she said she would just like to stay friends. I learned a lot from this experience. Thank you all for the advice and kind words. See you all soon.

Sorry to hear that, but well done for asking! It's still an achievement, as you now know that you can ask women out and survive the outcome.

I'd also like to point out that there are all sorts of possible reasons why a lady might say "Let's just be friends", and many of them have nothing to do with you personally. I've had a situation where a girl that I liked said this to me and, despite my initial cynicism that it was a brush-off, she was entirely sincere about it and we went on to become good close platonic friends -- indeed, we still are 25 years later!