Fancy a Friend

Hi all, Maybe this is not right forum for this question but im sure some of you have had a similar situation.

This girl I used to work with for around 8 months(I was sort of her boss) with in London went back to home to Sweden about 2.5 months ago. We always got along really well in London and we went on a few trips around UK. We could always joke with each other and we could have a conversation for hours without a break.

I went and visited her and stayed at her family home for a week about 2 weeks ago and we had a great time and do alot of touristy things and did some trips with her mum aswell. It was during that time that I began to really like her and develop feelings for her. I tried to be all gentlemanly possibly impressing the mum more than her but i don't think I expressed to her that I had feelings for her as... well... I am English. ...

I have arranged to go on holiday with her again in 1 months to Mallorca for one week and am hoping to see if i still feel strongly about her. My issue is whether I should be direct and tell her how I feel during the holiday. I do not know why and maybe I am wrong, but I have a feeling she does not feel the same way about me and sees me more as a friend as she is still using dating apps like tinder and she is quite open with me about previous relationships.

I am the kind of person who is best to just get things off my chest rather than let them bottle up inside me and drive me crazy even if there is a chance it could ruin our current relationship.

I look forward about any advice

Thanks!

It's a tough one as you seem to have a good friendship/relationship with this girl and you don't want to ruin that, maybe drop slight hints or maybe ask her what she thinks of you etc, I met my current fella online after my 9 year relationship broke down I'm lucky because as soon as we met in person there was an instant connection hope it all works out for you 🙂 xx

Just try and read the signs. I feel that maybe your feeling , if left bottled up, may have an adverse effect on your current relationship with her. If would see how the holiday goes and if at the end of it you feel it has went well then maybe that would be a good time to tell her how you really feel.

This post is no longer available.

I would like to know prior to the holiday.....you might have a lovely time together for that week if she feels the same way, or at least you both know you are holidaying as mates if not. I cannot begin to imagine how awkward the rest of the week would be if you ask during the holiday, and the answer is not as you had hoped. Best of luck.

Definitely agree with Gosig - I'd ask before the holiday to avoid any potential awkwardness. Plus you'd have the time to process what her response is. As you said, bottling it up would drive you crazy so I'd recommend getting it out the way. Hope it goes well :)

I agree with gosig I would like to know prior then you know either way the direction things could go and both feelings ahead

Yes, I too agree with Gosig.

Thanks all for your advice.

I will go somewhere in between, problem is we normall stay in contact via messages so Im not sure declaring I like her or asking how she feels about me by text is best way.

I think maybe I see how first one or two days of holiday go then I'll tell her how I feel about her and ask how she feels about me.

Or you could tell her on the last day and if it all goes pear shaped at least it hasnt been difficult and you've both had a nice holiday.

Hi Lemmy. If you stumble upon this it would be great to hear how you're doing.

Evening Lemmy,

any update, what did you decide, did you go through with it and what was the result. Whatever happened, I hope your still friends?