For everyone

Does a persons Avatar make you want to talk to someone or can it put you off?

Do you prefer a picture or something amusing?

Any thoughts?

yeah i think some avatars can just putt you off, its like first impression on someone. Although u dont want to judge , you will think twice

Snap! I only changed mind because someone said I needed to show more flesh! not in full police officers Uniform!

I would say TTurtles avatar makes me crack up with the cheeky smile and long tounge!

kinkycop wrote:

Snap! I only changed mind because someone said I needed to show more flesh! not in full police officers Uniform!

I've had a few people question my choice of avatar, but it's my choice, my pic, I wouldn't let other people tell me what to put.

I shouldnt but I do judge a persons personality by their pic, I have been proven wrong many times but still can't help forming a first impression :(

kinkycop wrote:

I would say TTurtles avatar makes me crack up with the cheeky smile and long tounge!

Haha thanks man, I wouldn't post a picture of myself in an avatar ever (just personal preference) so the one I do have just kinda reflects me, cheeky and fun (aha and yes long tongue indeed..I can touch my nose with my tongue ).

I think not having an avatar puts me off, but it doesn't matter what someone has as their avatar as long as they have one cuz on forums I always distinguish members by their avatars (and when they change them I have to learn it again haha) and its like their own little personality coming through in a little pic.

I don't judge people on their avatar at all, how much can you actually tell about someone from a tiny wee pic? There isn't even a guarantee that it is actually that person! If someone hasn't got one though then I tend to not remember them or anything they've said in a thread though.

I always think something is better than nothing. But I don't judge - lest I should be judged!

I judge a person on their postings and if they have completed anything on their profile. Thats tells me more than a pic ever will.

its just a picture!

As much as it is only a picture, when i look through my friend requests you do get a first impression from the picture, I don't tend to use that as a reason not to add someone though unless it is something that I really don't like, I do look more at what they have posted and what they have put about themselves in their bio

I like the sentiment of the text on your current avatar.

Some interesting comments from all

I personally think everyone should express themselves in which ever way they are comfortable with pictures are a great way to do that and I love the variety here I'm not keen on non avatars as I can't help but think people just arnt making the effort but that doesn't stop me from accepting friends requests although I do prefer it if we have had contact in the forums if i get a random add followed but inappropriate private chat I will delete tho but that's just me ;-) x

I am put off if peeps do not have a profile pic.

I have to say that I thought TTurtle might be a reference to a NOFX song called Timmy the Turtle but probably not, he could be a closet Punk

boobaloo wrote:

I have to say that I thought TTurtle might be a reference to a NOFX song called Timmy the Turtle but probably not, he could be a closet Punk

Aww no it's not which is REALLY sad actually cuz not only is my actual name Tim/Timmy (take your pick..) I've just spotified the song and whilst no I most certainly am not a closet punk haha its a really cool song! Aw but thanks for making me aware of it boobaloo.x

TTurtle wrote:

boobaloo wrote:

Aww no it's not which is REALLY sad actually cuz not only is my actual name Tim/Timmy (take your pick..) I've just spotified the song and whilst no I most certainly am not a closet punk haha its a really cool song! Aw but thanks for making me aware of it boobaloo.x

Thats cool, its a really old song so I didn't think that it would be a reference to it, but everytime I see your Avatar it reminds me of it, it is a really funny song, everyone should google it.

I like not feeling pressured to have an avatar of myself on my profile (although a few have suggested I do). I like the privacy of the Lovehoney forums and that we can all discuss things here that perhaps don't feature in our everyday real life conversations without having to broadcast it to our friends or family.

I'm not put off by others avatars, like it's already been said within this thread, is it really possible to judge someone from a tiny photo? And is it really them? Who cares I say!

I like the confusion that I was a female.......can't think what caused that :)

T turtle an excellent song but if we are going old school NOFX............best has to be Linoleum!

I read the comments before I look at the picture/avatar.