Faceless people......

A general question.... Is there a reason why nobody, with a few exceptions, wants to show their faces in their pictures?? Is it privacy, or maybe taboo, or just not important?

I'm sort of feeling a bit self conscious that i have face in my pic! Is it better to have a faceless pic?

Thanks in advance for any answers xx

I have faceless because I know if my mug was in the avatar it'd probably scar and upset people :|

Really, Privacy :)

Lol i did wonder if this was site was harbouring a few of Quasimodo's ugly siblings.....

Oh ok i did suspect it was a privacy thing. Is a shame, i like faces. And you look pretty buff from what we can see lovey :)

Some people do it so they aren't recognised by others they may knoq outside of the interenet (such as work, family, friends, or local people who may just know you). Talking about sex can be hard for some people and often people use online forums to discuss issues that they would be slightly nervous to talk about with real life friends.

I did have a photo of my face before, I personally don't mind. Though the conversations I have within this forum are what I normally talk about with friends and people I know.

no1princessuk wrote:

Lol i did wonder if this was site was harbouring a few of Quasimodo's ugly siblings.....

Oh ok i did suspect it was a privacy thing. Is a shame, i like faces. And you look pretty buff from what we can see lovey :)

How funny lol !

And thank you, the likewise can be said about you :)

Yes, Quasimodo here!

Seriously though, its a privacy and insecurity thing. I don't think I'm that attractive, and I'm a pretty shy person IRL, so I don't show pics of myself.

Also, I've opened my heart up on this forum a few times in the past, and I was only able to do it because I knew I was totally anonymous. A few people have suggested in the past I get my OH on here to help her open up sexually, but I'd have to get all my old posts removed first!

I agree Nymp, the convo's i have on here i'd do in real life too. No inhibitions (or shame!). So would you say that some people feel maybe repressed in real life?? And more free to say things here that they wouldn't in their real lives?

I understand the not wanting to be spotted out on the street, i've been busted like that before haha yeah it weren't good.....

oh god, being spotted on the street would be a nightmare! I live in a small rural town, where everyone knows everyone else. I can just imagine the sniggers...

I think part on the anonimity is that i'm far happier to open up with people I dont know. In this kind of format its so much easier to say what you think, ask for honest opinions etc without worrying about what people will think of you.

Admittedly i'll talk about a lot of things with close friends, but there will always be things I dont feel comfortable disclosing with people. You can really be uninhibited if your worried people will start gossiping etc.

no1princessuk wrote:

I agree Nymp, the convo's i have on here i'd do in real life too. No inhibitions (or shame!). So would you say that some people feel maybe repressed in real life?? And more free to say things here that they wouldn't in their real lives?

I understand the not wanting to be spotted out on the street, i've been busted like that before haha yeah it weren't good.....

There are 2 reasons I dont show my face, I hate having my photo taken and have issues with the way I see myself and I have no wish to be recognised by anyone in RL.

I wouldnt say any of us are repressed however I am very aware that not everyone has an open mind when it comes to sex and some of the things that are discussed openly here would not go down well in other circumstances, especially with workplaces or family members.

xGGx

Have no issue with my face being online anywhere :)

YoungEssexCouple wrote:

I have faceless because I know if my mug was in the avatar it'd probably scar and upset people :|

Really, Privacy :)

Ur face is really that horrific?External Media

Seriously speaking, it's a matter of choice. I think a pic of the hulk is more interesting than my face (or indeed any portion of my anatomy!)

WExternal Media

Yes well said Wilkibo i must say i do agree with you it's a matter of choice p

I have had pictures of my arse , My face, My Torso etc etc... Really doesn't bother me.

ive had pics of my face on here before. no issues of privacy for me. ( consenting adults have and can enjoy sex, nothing dodgy or illegal about the forum)

we have no problems at all sharing our faces with the world even though i should maybe keep mine hidden,

where we live we our a very recognisable couple and have most proberly been spotted by a few ppl.

i think i would find it quite funny thouggh if someone told me they had seen me here. i might blush a little if it was my mum though, she already thinks im a nut case.

I guess my reasons are two-fold:

Firstly I don't want anyone to be physically sick - I'm no oil-painting.

Secondly I really don't want my real identity to be known in this context. I normally post stuff on other non sex related fora under my real name and am reasonably well known for what I do for a day job (big fish in a very small pond indeed) and have made enough enemies that I'm sure someone associated with my day job, were they make the link to my 'gyrator' persona, would enjoy making it very public.

I really don't like having pictures up on me on the web.. actually just taking pics is hardwork. I hate it for the most part. It took forever for me to upload one on Facebook!

The only person I've shown pictures to is my partner and other close friends. I just don't like knowing my pictures can be accessed by everyone. It's up to the individual though. I don't see any issues with anyone else wanting to show themselves off, so to speak.

Personally, I think it started off with some confidence issues.. but now it's the opposite. I'm quite tempted to show off pics but it's the accessability issues again that bug me. Also, my best feature (sorry, feel like I'm bragging- I'm not!) is my face.. (the rest is blah) And I don't really want anyone recognising me.

It's weird though, considering this is a sex toy site etc- I do feel very comfortable and I see why anyone would want to show themselves here. It's a nice friendly place.

i'm just not that keen on falshing my mug on the internet!! anything else i'm fine with! weird huh?

Well I've bitten the bullet guys n gals.