Babe,Chick and the rest

After a fight at the cyber pub Im laying low and was wondering. Do you girls/women mind being called things like babe?

Not at all, i like having pet names, however random they may be at times lol x

In certain situations, I don't mind.

I.E. I don't mind if I am in a relationship with that person, be it sexual or just friendship.

I don't like it when people use it with everyone, women at work drive me mad with it, I have worked there 4 weeks and they call me babe, and love, and ARGH sweetheart, I'm older than you are!!! FFS!

Babe/baby is not allowed in my relationship. The OH once called me 'babydoll' (I think he was drunk...), which is therefore now a term I use to mockingly address him.

Chick, no way. I think I'd take issue with anyone referring to me a 'chick'.

Things like 'darling'/'love'/'sweetheart', etc, I guess, are fine.

xx

Didnt really take into consideration who would be calling me the names. If its my fella i dont mind at all or friends, if its a stranger then it depends on what im called really. If its babe or anything like that i think its inappropriate but sweetheart, love etc i dont object to.

I was called a 'poppet' the other day by a man who appeared younger than I and i felt that it was patronising x

babe was the name my husband used for me so its a no no as far as i am concerned,

as for anything else it really depends on who is calling me the name, if it is someone I know and have some kind of relationship with then its ok,

the freaky drunk at 9am guy who sits next to you on the bus and wants to chat - no thanks

xGGx

close people don't mind much, and internet wise i can do "hun" or stuff like that without problems.

I had a teacher at school who used to call everyone "sweetie" when she was being a partonising cow so i hate that! and a local one to me is "darl" and i absolutley detest it!

Don't like people who are being rude or offensive and using terms of endearment to try to hide it.

relationship wise i haven't really got or had pet names.

Don't like it when it's patronising, or constant.

Most of the time I don't mind, but I have one friend who constantly calls me "Sweetheart" and "Darling" which really gets on my nerves. I also hate being called "babe", whether by the OH or a female friend. People that go around like "Babe, babe, calm down babe, like seriously babe I dunno what's got into him"... ARGH!

Sometimes I call people "Sweetie" or "Darlin'" or "Chicken" to be endearing, but not in that repetitive "I'm cool" way that most people do, like I call the OH "Sweetthing" or "Chickpea" >_>

I prefer to make up my own. I greet my friends with things like "Sup Bitchtits?" in a joking way. Dunno why.

ghostgirl wrote:

the freaky drunk at 9am guy who sits next to you on the bus and wants to chat - no thanks

Basically this External Media

yeah it depends who's saying it and in what context. I dont generally say it to anyone else but I call my OH 'beautiful' 'darling' 'honey' 'sexy' I know not very manly lol. I think he likes it tho.

I usually just call my oh 'sweetheart' not a very orginal term of endearment I know, as for what she calls me let's just say I don't find it endearing. I would much prefer if she called me hun or something sweet or nice (I sometimes feel it's not very nice).

I feel terms of endearment are ok as long as you know the person well enough & like booties I feel as long as they are not used in a partronising manner, I have no problem with folks on here calling me hun or whatever nice phrase they care to use for me, everyone's very lovely here.

Take care

Sorry was this just aimed at the ladies, whoops.

Hiya S&M, I know which term your talking about and no, its not nice, you should tell her.

Mr B calls me Hun, babe and boo, I dont mind any of them, I do find it odd when people refer to me as Boo on here, but thats because of my user id so I accept it as ok, even if the only RL person to call me that is my oh.

As for other people, I think it depends on the situation, generally I dont like it.

I am really not used to hearing myself been called by my name tho, as Mr B never calls me it, he will always call be boo and the kids call me Mum, so I actually find it stranger to be called by my name and if Mr B calls me it, I tell him off lols.

*Emma* wrote:

Not at all, i like having pet names, however random they may be at times lol x

U mean like Rex or Kitty?External Media

WExternal Media

It's weird. I don't mind if it's someone close but not people who I either work with or don't know. Someone I worked with once called me babe (by accident) and there was an awkward silence.... both of us felt uncomfortable. Seemed a little over familiar.

Hate it when it's blokes being patronising... I usually call the dick in return!

As a former barmaid, I'm not keen when it's anyone I don't know and love. I think it's potentially proprietorial as well as over familiar, but it really depends on the word in question and the context. A quick "thanks love" when you hand a guy his pint is ok I guess, but someone approaching the bar with an "alright darlin" pisses me off. I don't like the inequality - I'm calling you sir, so don't undermine me by being patronising. That implies some kind of status issue.

SS x