Babies

Oh god the smoking round children thing. I hate smoking at the best of times, but holding your cigarette so the baby gets a face full of smoke makes me really want to say something. But generally the mothers that do it are the ones who'd beat the crap out of your for looking at them the wrong way (and also give their kids stupid names, which I'm sure should also be classified as child abuse...)

Yeah i know what you mean now, and it causes no offence what so ever.

And on the subject of stupid names, i know a couple who have just a had a baby girl and the name of choice was....Nevis!! Now they dont seem to realise that the child has to grow up with that name. (sorry if offended any1)

Kids are great, best thing that ever happened to me & the wife. BUT...By christ, your world as you know it will explode & become unrecognisable. You automatically get a software update for parenthood. I thought I'd never cope as I thought I'd be too selfish. You just go into baby mode.

Don't let anyone pressure you into have kids, only you can make the call if you are ready, there's no second chances with the important shit in life so don't sell out (its the biggest thing that can ever happen)! You , only you will know if & when you're ready, theres no single life plan for us all. The grass is always greener....

Don't get me started on people smoking round kids, they should be jailed. You see kids with fag ash on them or stuck outside freezing with their mums Amazing, they can't afford decent food for the kids but they've still got enough for ten Lambert & a bottle of WKD!

After reading this thread I just had to have my say in it, I hope no one minds.

I was pregnant at 16 (actually the month before my 16th) and I had only been with my husband 4 months when I caught on. She was not planned but she is the best thing to EVER have happened to me, nobody thought I would be able to cope and everyone criticised us.

I have to say I've coped amazingly, and everyone I see says they wish they will have a kid like mine - she doesn't answer back, she does as she's told, she doesnt swear and she has impeccable manners. I am trying for another baby with my husband and I am only 20.

I don't think it matters what your age is, I think its your level of maturity that counts the most. My brother in law had 2 kids, he is 40 and he needs to be looked after more than the kids.

Anyone can cope in any situation, your instincts take over, thats how we get through life.

I am a smoker, I dont smoke in my house and it hasn't affected my daughter at all, when she knows I'm going for a cig she tells me its dirty and she will never do it. I dont believe smoking influences your children, none of my parents smoked and I do, its a personal preference. I can afford nice food for my family, cigs and even a bottle of WKD.

I treat my family how I would like to be treated and that is with respect.

If you dont feel like you're ready to have kids or if you dont want kids then that is upto you, everyone should live their lifes how they want and ignore the people that comment about it. Its your life-your rules.

Right sorry about that, rant over, I hope I haven't offended anyone or made anyone feel awkward.

Mel xxx

sorry about the typo's xxx

i am, was i missed??? i bet not lol, my laptop is now fixed!!!!

Hi all,

I have 3 kids, and 3 step kids.

ages 21,20,14,13,12 and 9 oh and one step grandson.

Do I want babies...Noooooooo!!!!!!!! LOL

well i'd love to say i was too busy with my husband but sadly that is not true as he is still away only another week to go though, missed everyone on here though, wheres sexychic gone? what have i missed? xxx

Hey sexymel....welcome back huns xx

hi luvly thanks hun xxxx

Welcome, I think you were the first person I spoke with on here.

i could quite possibly be lol i used to live on here until laptop got poorly xxx

I want another baby so desperately, on the barracks I live at we've had 5 new babies born in 6 weeks and its killing me...everyone seems to have a baby apart from me, i would've been 6 months gone now but not gonna dwell on that too much xxx

No more babies for me, getting to old now. Plus hubby doesn't want anymore, even though we don't have any together.

It's taken my husband three years to get me wanting another and now i want one so much its just not happening, typical lol xx

I've two kiddies which I had aged 29 and 32 (7 and 4) I think (am very drunk tonight disgracefuly) and have happily aquired two more older ones of 11 and (severely autistic) 13 through my lovely man.

I have pretty serious long term health issues which plague my life but the kiddies give me such motivation.

I am privilaged to have them, they are a gift, and at times when I may have given up in the past they are an inspiration, source of great pride and huge responsiblility and humble me.

Excuse typos. My two are tucked up safely in bed and I'm following soon.

I never regret having them. My parents are still together and I'm such a perfectionist I never thought I'd leavectheir Dad, but hey, shit happens and you deal with it for their sake.

hi legs,

its good to be back. i think its fantastic that the kids are such an insperation to you hun, im sorry to hear about your health problems but im glad you've got the full support of your family xxx

It'll happen sexy, just when you least expect it.. Be sure to let us all know when it does.

oh i will do dont you worry, ill be shouting it from the roofs lol

I definately want kids someday but not yet! (lets ignore how late i am. lol)