Bathmate original thoughts???

Just ordered a bath mate you what do other males think of it? And what's the best way people have found to use it? Some people have said when flaccid and others when erect?

i got one. they are good. flaccid tho

What's a bath mate? Or am I being really stupid?

I have the X30 version and I find what works best for me is to get an erection just prior and to pump when it's about 50-60% erect. Also make sure you do lots of stretching before and after.

the biggest bit of advise I can give though is to remember that it's not an overnight thing, so don't over pump as this will only hurt and cause swelling, not in a good way. Also don't use it everyday, give yourself one day off a week, like with any sort of exercising a rest day is equally important.

I have noticed though some days you will find its the girth that has a big increase and others will be the length, can't find any rhyme or reason as to why this happens.

Personally I use the bath rather than the shower as its more relaxing and I find it much easier to use.

Good luck with it.

Mr minns wrote:

What's a bath mate? Or am I being really stupid?

No question is a stupid question! 

Bathmates are hydraulic penis pumps... you can see them here.

Staffs lad - as the others said, always pump from flaccid :) 

Out of curiosity, what's the reasoning behind pumping from flacid rather than erect? Safety, better effect, comfort, something else? Good to know these things :)

I am not sure about the technical reason why they say flacid, but from experience (tried once), if you have an erection whilst pumping and you loose that erection, it can be painful as the pump will be over stretching your penis. These pumps, in particular, aren't not designed to be arousing during use so difficult to stay stimulated and aroused.

Also it's important that your ball sac is as loose as possible, any tightening to the sac and you do run the risk of getting your balls sucked up or caught, that is extremely painful, had that happen as well.

I do find having it semi erect works well though, just not fully erect. Some other reviews on the net disagree and say have a full erection as it will work quicker, but I think better to be safe that sorry.

Should point out as well for the first month you should be fully flacid when using, especially if new to this sort of thing as your penis is not used to the stretching and it will cause excessive bruising / swelling (small amounts of bruising and swelling is normal though to begin). Same as over pumping.

If you are using it and you notice quite a bit of swelling don't worry as this will disappear after a strong erection or two, it's just doesn't look great at the time.

All in all I think they are a fantastic device.