Before you started using sex toys...

What were your assumptions about them? For me it was that dildos were useless because they dont vibrate, something that doesn't vibrate means it can't do anything for anyone. And that toys like vibrators and wands were only for women and men had their own sex toys, the two didn't mix..

I didn't realise there was so much choice. To be honest it never even crossed my mind about sex toys for men. My thinking on vibrators, pre LH was nasty, loud, ugly, and trying to be realistic (however anything but). Lovehoney has open my eyes!

Couple looking to spice things up wrote:

I didn't realise there was so much choice. To be honest it never even crossed my mind about sex toys for men. My thinking on vibrators, pre LH was nasty, loud, ugly, and trying to be realistic (however anything but). Lovehoney has open my eyes!

Yeah that's what I thought too. I also thought that if the toy wasn't a rabbit, then it just sucked. But it's funny how I think rabbits aren't even that great and now I just prefer a dildo that doesn't vibrate at all and one that doesn't even have any texture paired with a clit vibe and I end up having the most intense orgasms of my life lol

Yes, so did I. It was like rabbits were pretty much your only option lol.

Yes, so did I. It was like rabbits were pretty much your only option lol.

Honestly i thought of them as being seedy, and "extreme" for people whom just didn't find real sex and human intimacy enough.

I started using toys at age 18, before that they didn't exist so i had no assumptions

Sum Sub wrote:

I started using toys at age 18, before that they didn't exist so i had no assumptions

I thought sex toys existed thousands of years ago but people pretended they were for religious uses or something like that lol

Kittycat102 wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

I thought sex toys existed thousands of years ago but people pretended they were for religious uses or something like that lol

Nah I'm Pretty sure the lovehoney rules say sex toys were invented when you are 18.

Sum Sub wrote:

Kittycat102 wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

Nah I'm Pretty sure the lovehoney rules say sex toys were invented when you are 18.

Oh you mean the age thing lol my mistake

Sum Sub wrote:

Kittycat102 wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

Hahaha liked that.

Our assumption was they were a bit yuk. Then we tried one. Then another...and another....and another!

Before I actually did a bit of "research" on sex toys, I had thought they were yucky, non-hygienic jelly things, suitable only for people who did not mind getting all sorts of infections.

I was just always curious how they made you feel.

I didn't realise how many different toys there are!

I thought sex toys were for solo play, I had never really thought of a couple using a toy together. And to be honest there are toys and bandage devices that I could never have imagined.

I don't really remember much to be honest!

I thought sex toys were mainly for people who weren't having sex or didn't know how to/couldn't use their hands effectively. I thought it was really rare to own sex toys and certainly believed nobody owned more than one or two (but then I had no idea how many different types of toys there are...). Had my FWB not used a vibrating dildo on me and basically said I was weird for NOT having a vibrator, I might never have found lovehoney. That's a terrifying thought!

I didnt realise the size they could be, strange as it sounds.
My first vibrator was a mini one and i bought a beginners butt plug and with zilch experience, only a browse on the 3 for £10 deal, I was like "wait how big is big? These seem perfectly fine. Why would you ever need anything bigger?" And now I quite enjoy the feeling of being stretched a bit. I never had any bad misconceptions though, I have thought they were great idea I want to try from the first time I heard about and saw them :D

Hot Dog wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

Kittycat102 wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

Hahaha liked that.

Omg that made me laugh haha