Ben Wa Balls

I've recently started thinking that I would like to try out some kegel balls to improve the strength of my pelvic floor muscles. I decided to buy these http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=27191 I thought that I would go for something a little above beginner level because I'm in my twenties and haven't had children, however I don't seem to be getting on with these that well. I just don't feel like I have to make any effort to keep them inside me, I don't feel like they're working my pelvic floor muscles at all even after hours of wearing them.

I'd read that kegel balls become more challenging as they get smaller and heavier. These are very small, even smaller than I expected, and they feel reasonably heavy, yet I'm not finding them challenging at all. Do any of you have any recommendations about where I should go from here? I prefer the idea of balls which are not connected by a string, it seems more confortable and hygienic. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

I couldn't get the link to work but I figured out which ones they were! I almost bought those but in the end I bought these http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26535 and I'm not sure of them!

You sound just like me and I've posted a similar thread! Like you I've not had kids and in my 20s but I can't feel my balls. They just stay put I don't have to work to keep them in. I went for a 30 minute run with them in and that was the only time I've found them a challenge! But they're meant to be a challenge just walking around!

Like you I'm not a fan of the string. I can't find any other balls that are smaller and heavier apart from these http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26073

...but the string looks evil! Not really sure there's another set that would be suited to us sadly, I think some people find them more effective than others! xx

I agree with your way of thinking. My first pair was too large/light for me (the Tracey Cox set), so that was essentially money wasted. Would have made more sense to start with something more advanced instead - if you get something that's too much at the present time, you'll hopefully work up to them, but if you start too light, they'll only become less and less useful as you advance

Just to double check, these are yours, yes? Your link seems to have a space somehow included at the end.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=27191

IMO, 60 g isn't that heavy. They'll be more advanced than the most common sizes/weights, but you might do better with something heavier. The ones you picked out are probably excellent (AFAI can tell), just not right for you.

There's a lot of recommendations for smaller ones like the Lelo Luna minis, Noir and the Je Joue Ami set. Most of them are bigger than the ones you have. (Will have to double check the smallest Ami though.) I got the Ami about a month ago and the smallest, heaviest one isn't doing much for me. The ones I know benefit me are 128 g, but were unfortunately discontinued due to poor sales. I guess I'm the only one who liked them. :-(

There isn't much available that's small and heavy. The smallest Ami is 106 g, quite a step up weight wise from the Black Rose. These are new to LH (Metal Worx Medium) http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30528 so I haven't heard anything about them. They look great. There's a 50 Shades branded one which is very heavy and mid sized circumference-wise, but the cord isn't exactly hygenic.

SinFive has a set with heavy and extra heavy (90 g). It's also on sale just now, which makes them much more affordable than the Je Joues. Maybe those or the Worx? Or the Je Joue, they're lovely.

I've put a fair chunk of time into trying to find small and heavy, but keep coming back to my beasts (4.5 circumference, 128 g). I seem to be alone in that though, at least amongst the forum regulars.

Regarding the connecting cord, the better ones tend to have cords made of the same material and are hygenic. The external pull cord also tends to find it's way to a comfortable spot. Of the ones you're likely to be looking at, the 50 Shades is the only one (I think) with a questionable cord. The warnings about cords and hygiene are mostly for the nylon cording on cheapies.

That's my take on it. Hopefully someone will be along to argue for Lelos and such. :-)

Quite a reasonable description of the 50 Shades cord IMO, dotdashdot. :-)

I found your other thread, will maybe add something there tomorrow and hope the original poster sees it. For now though, I'll just say that I've never felt a jiggle with any of mine and I don't have to work to hold any of them in, including some (light) 2.25" circumference ones. Getting ones which are heavy enough for me has definitely made a difference though, so it's worth persevering until you find the ones which are right for you.

Not sure how solid glass balls are going to jiggle. The jiggle thing is usually a ball inside a ball. Maybe low quality ad copy on the Icicles?

Anyway, what both of you are saying sounds somewhat like my experience. Most of the people writing about kegel balls on the forum have different preferences, so I've just been reading, guessing and then seeing how some of the guesses pan out. The right ones make it all worth while.

Oops! Yes those are the ones, not sure how I managed to incorporate a space onto the end of that link.

Thanks for your input :) Those Metal Worx ones are ones that I've looked at and I had thought they'd be too heavy for me, but I might give them a try. I'm still quite keen to avoid a string or connecting cord even if it's not a hygiene issue, it seems like it would be more comfortable to me and I have no concerns about trying to retrieve them. I think small is better for me, I actually did once own a set a couple of years ago, they were a beginners set that I got on sale and they put me off kegel balls for ages because they were too big. I couldn't wear them, but I think the reason was they were too bulky and I'm quite petite, it certainly wasn't anything to do with the weight of them!

I'm not really looking to feel a jiggling sensation, just want to feel like my pelvic floor muscles are having to work a bit to keep them in. I'll keep trying until I find the right ones! :)

Maybe it's a coding thing with the links. Mine has a , at the end. I've never noticed this before. Anyway, clean link

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30528

If you really want to go cordless, then out of LH's current offerings the only way you're going to get much weight is with the Worx or the magnetic hematite ones. There's a huge gap in weights in the offerings, pretty much from 60 g to 120 g. Maybe I should send my Ami set back and just get the Worx so we have an active review. The Amis are so pretty though, which is really silly. :-)

A good cord really isn't a problem, so IMO it's best not to rule those out. Finding the right weight/size matters so much more.

I want to buy the metal ones eventually. I like the idea of small and heavy. Unfortunately due to stress I m bleeding for over a month, I cannot doo kegels with anything inside me. So I guess I will have to start with something bit lower and after few days go heavier.

For me the best exersice is when I am doing something, like doing shopping, so I am contantly moving. Or doing lot of housework, so again, on the move. I do not find it really efficient if I am just sitting down.

I actually went went for running with ben wa balls in, but I admit I selected the lightest ones for that. To make it bit easier fr me, I do not think I would dare to do this with really heavy ones.

Double post by mistake.

I cannot check the links, I am on tablet, in browser, which does not seem to show the links

No the glass ones don't jiggle, I think I read somewhere on a review that they did but knew it couldn't be true! I'm not too fussed about the jiggle either. Like Imogen I just want to feel like my pelvic floor is being worked and I don't have to try hard with the ones I have now.

The ami ones do look lovely but I didn't want to spend more than £20, let alone £40!

I might send them back. I hadn't seen the metal worx ones before, they look great so I may swap for those. Thanks for the link! xx

I have the Lelo luna beads noir and i love them! I love the feeling when they are inserted,

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26820

The inner balls jiggle around all the time! Even laughing makes them move! I use them with and without the silicone part! theses are awesome!

Going to the gym with these in makes it all worth while!

ddd - I only gave in and got the Ami set because they were the only ones which had a chance of being heavy enough for me before the Worx showed up. At least I got them with an email offer of £15 off a purchase over £40. Still more than I was happy to pay, but 1/3rd off so much better than £45. Since I have them, I'm putting them through a very thorough trial.

If you're looking at £20 price range, the SinFive heavy/extra heavy may be worth considering if the Worx are too heavy. Lollipop really likes hers. They're currently on sale for £20.

Laveila - You'll have seen all of them. Imogen's is the Black Rose pair, dotdashdot's is the clear Icicles pair. I linked to the Worx. The scary string ones are the 50 Shades. Two of the links are faulty because a blank space and a comma from the sentences got incorporated into the link. Those two are mucking up for everyone. Take good care of yourself too, how much longer till you have a break from your studies?