Best sites for meeting open minded people (and not for sex!)

Hi all,

Newbie here having a nose around the forums, and thanks for making me feel welcome so far. As per my post in the intro section, I’ve been denying/hiding from my sexuality/kinks for too many years but coming from a conservative background and not having many open minded people around me has frustrated me somewhat, and I’m keen to expand my circles with more people who are sexually liberated so I can be true to myself a lot more.

Appreciating that this forum isn’t for meeting people as such, I was curious as to whether you all had recommendations on the best sites/places to meet and get to know people who are sexually liberated but not necessarily for sex. There’s plenty of hook up sites but that’s not really what I’m looking for in this respect. Grateful for your thoughts!

Thanks

J.x

There was a similar topic about this the other day, but I don’t think anyone came up with any good options?

But chatting to other people about sex doesn’t have to be an in-person thing. Most of us prefer chatting on here, as you can talk about pretty much anything (within the rules :slightly_smiling_face:), and you get a much wider set of opinions from quite a diverse set of people. :+1:

2 Likes

Hi @Ian_Chimp

thanks for the response, totally valid points, I guess people would be more free on here, I guess for me it’s the opportunity to meet a like minded person I could eventually develop a relationship with as well but not inclined to put my sexual interests in regular sites (having bumped into friends and colleagues on them in the past) and being judged for it as I have been in the past.

That’s understandable. Though I think if it’s just chatting about sex and kinks then this is a great place, as it’s anonymous, everyone is really friendly and no-one will kink-shame you for whatever you like to do. :slightly_smiling_face:

Depending on your specific kinks, there may be a dating site better suited than the regular ones? When you feel a bit more comfortable sharing, people may even have a few suggestions for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,

I hope I’m not breaking any rules by suggesting another forum here, if so, please let me know and I’ll delete this immediately.

I’ve recently found the people on Fetlife to be generally of a really nice and supportive nature. Like any successful platform, there are some less friendly folks, but they get called out pretty quickly by the nicer majority.

1 Like

@newbie_analyst - you’re not breaking any rules. We’re allowed to mention other forums. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes