Bidets, yay or nay?

After the great pandemic of 2020 that spawned the toilet paper shortage I started to think about alternatives. Tried the shower head out, liked the concept but always ended up having a full shower.
Sooo finally gave a portable bidet a go and now I’m hooked. No touching things, get a great clean and honestly it feels kinda nice.
What do others think about it? Have you been game to try one out? Anyone not like it and gone back to toilet paper?

2 Likes

Bidets make you feel so much cleaner than toilet paper and you can get down to business anytime!
Question for the ladies - have you noticed your bacterial flora getting worse with frequent washing? I read it could happen just wondering if anyone experienced it

1 Like

That is an interesting point I figured it would get the ladies cleaner at the front then paper would. The misses is worried about cross contamination and does not want to give it ago unfortunately.

I never thought of a portable bidet. I’ll have to get one. I currently use baby wipes and they’re hardly great for the environment (I never flush them).

Oooh, I wouldn’t let most baby wipes anywhere near my undercarriage. Most of them are noxious things.

As for @Selfcarer 's question, whilst I haven’t used a bidet, my bacterial flora do get worse with too frequent washing. Once per day max - any more and things start to go wrong. It’s a very delicate flower, don’t you know?

Interestingly enough, any amount on cunnilingus is fine - I think the tongue doesn’t get deep enough to do any damage. I’m mightily pleased about that!

1 Like

My wife fell in love with the bidet when we got one. It even has temperature control and leaves everything squeaky clean. There have been no “cross-contamination” issues either as you can actual aim the jet with most models.

1 Like

@KinkyMira do you think it is due to too much water or too much soap that does the damage down there for you?

Water or soap both are different pH to vaginal pH do I guess overuse of both would have an effect! I normally use an intimate wash but some of them tend to be irritating.
Bidet definitely makes you cleaner down there but too clean vag is not a good thing as it is meant to have good bacteria down there!

1 Like

My friend has a ‘bum gun’ (probably not the technical term :slightly_smiling_face:) in all his toilets. It’s basically a hosepipe next to the toilet. He says he was unsure/nervous the first time he used it, but swears by it now. I go and stay quite often, but I’ve not plucked up the courage as yet. :slightly_smiling_face: I’m a bit wary about learning to use it in someone else’s house, as I’ve seen the mess jet washing a patio can make.

8 Likes

My portable one is just a garden pressure sprayer. Fits 5lt in it, hand pumps up up the pressure and. Comes with a nice long handle for those hard to get places. There are a few powered and other types on the market. I just didn’t want the big ones you had to plumb in.

1 Like

I have seen the ‘gun’ style ones and thought they put bout too much water and were more of a mini shower head. Was a bit sus on the shortness of that style. I like my sprayer with a 50cm long nozzle. Keeps my hands away from the spray and I don’t have to get up if the toilet.

I’d really love to try one at some point… I do have the washer bottle style and I like that but do end up getting water everywhere. I do love the clean feeling it gives me afterwards though!

I have one of these from Clean Stream which attaches to the shower

The most fun since discovering bidets on a package holiday in Benidorm :rofl:
works with hot water bottle style attachments too

I have seen those ones where you just squeeze the bottle. I found having a trigger style nozzle essential so you can position it first. I am rather chuffed with the garden weed sprayer out of the other options available. There are smaller hand held ones now that you can recharge and fill up each go as well.

Yes I have seen a few that go on the shower heads. Seemed like a bit of work to get the pluming tools out to switch between showering and but cleaning. Is that just for external cleaning? I always figured that style was for an enema or water play type of activities in the shower. Also don’t think I want to walk from my toilet tot he shower just to finish the performance off lol

Doesn’t really need any tools to change and doesn’t need to be inserted for ‘deep clean’ and I guess it depends on the dynamics of your bathroom

@Toolman31 I think both have a part to play. Soap will kill the bacteria and water will wash it away. Neither is really good if you are trying to protect the flora.

Not having the right equipment for this end of the discussion, but it sounds a bit like stomach bacteria where you do need it, can get bad bacteria so are generally best to promote the good bacteria. However one would do this might be a discussion for another thread I guess, would also be an interesting discussion though.

I think bidets are a great idea, I can’t understand why they haven’t caught on in the UK like they have in some other countries.
I must admit I had no idea you could even get portable ones!

1 Like

MOD EDIT: Please do not share images outside of the #your-photos category With the exception of images from the Lovehoney website

There are many out there, some $2 ones some rather pricey ones that do a lot of things. I use something similar to the picture and for under $20 and other uses if you don’t like it I don’t think you can go wrong.

The ‘bum gun’ style that you can wire it does not look like it would fit under you that easy while on the seat and your hand is a bit close to were the water comes out for my liking, But I have not tried this style out.