Probaby over the top concern

Im aware this is probably very minor and something most people wouldnt give a second thought. Recently I took my remote control vibrator out with me. Not one to insert so I didn’t bother popping it in before going out. So I popped to the toilets to put it in my underwear. (Also, without using proper knickers for it so was just hoping for the best for it staying where it needed to). Was quite awkward because I needed the toilet again so had to sort it out twice. Then dawned on me that I didnt wash my hands beforehand. Its made me stress because its not the best hygiene to not wash hands prior when out and about and having to touch handles etc in public toilets. Obviously washed hands after but should have before too! Like you’re advised to when using any sanitary items.

Talk me down please. I can assure you, I feel very stupid even posting this! Think you can tell, I’m one to worry!

2 Likes

It is good practise to wash your hands first, but our bodies cope with a lot of germs and bacteria on a daily basis without us getting sick. Yes, there is a possibility of causing yourself some issues, but the chances are it would be thrush or a uti, neither of which is fun but not major problems.

If you are worried, drink plenty of water to flush your system and if you do notice any strange symptoms, go and see your doctor but unless you are feeling unwell right now, I think you will be fine.

It’s easy to freak out about this stuff though and the best thing to do is always to talk about it and get some reassurance :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

In addition to the previous posts, it seems you are worrying over nothing, chill and enjoy. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you all. I feel so silly posting it but as Calie says, talking about it and getting some reassurance helps - was just an awkward one to discuss with friends or family so thought here would be good. I appreciate you all taking the time and not making me feel stupid so thanks again.

I will try to relax about it now.

3 Likes

It wasn’t internal so I think you’ll be fine, the vagina is self cleaning and if you’ve washed since then, I don’t think you’ve anything to worry about.

1 Like

No need to worry at all as we all get anxious over things no matter how big or small they may appear to be, it’s still a big thing for you and hopefully we can help give assurance things should be ok :relieved:

Sounds like even though you forgot to wash that one time your very clean anyway with hygiene so I reckon you’ll be perfectly ok unless otherwise :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like