Bidets, yay or nay?

Bidets yeah I have one…fab

Didn’t know this was a thing?

@Selfcarer Yeah I have heard that too, I personally just wash the neither regains with some water and when I take a shower. I don’t use any soaps as I know they have a different pH.

When I’m on my time of the month I use the water wipes just to keep everything sanitary. Although during the majority of the month I just let it do it’s own thing and just clean with water and a flannel in the shower (as they are supposed to be self cleaning).

I have heard that masturbating with the showered can cause an infection due to over cleaning if you are doing it everyday so I guess using a bidet too much would have the same affect.

@Melody1 I’ve had a look at that clean stream and not sure its the best idea is it does the same thing as douching which is apparently not good at all for the vagina.

Sorry a little off topic - https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex/personal-grooming/washing-hygiene/p/yes-cleanse-rose-organic-ultra-gentle-intimate-foam-wash-150ml/64547.html
I found this intimate wash was the best and did not have any negative effect on my flora. The supermarket ones do more harm than good I found. This one makes you feel very clean and helps with flower health :slight_smile: water pH is is 6.5 - 8.5 while your vagina is less than 4.5 - the wash is more suited to your vagina ph. Semen is alkaline too just FYI so sometimes having your partner finish elsewhere than inside your flower can help if you have a tendency to be thrown off balance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Space would be my guess, if you have a huge bathroom, or a bigger En suite then I would suggest more people might have one?

1 Like

apparently douching isn’t the best for the bum either so I use this less than I use to… but when I do it’s so much fun. It works well externally too, creating a fab jet if you partially cover the end of the nozzle which might work well on your clit, but not having one, I’m obvs no expert in that area :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s true. None of the bathrooms we’ve ever had would have had enough space .

I remember a school trip to Paris in 1975, the hotel room had one, we literally thought it was for washing your feet!
:joy:

3 Likes

On holidays abroad I use them as little washers to hand wash underwear and swish swimwear through.

Hardly use mine…looks good though.

2 Likes

@CurvyJilly34F Ok so you have one at home? Why don’t you like it? Interested to hear from people that have tried it and gone back to the paper.

Because I just use the toilet and toilet roll as it’s quicker…not that I don’t like it…more I’m busy. Came with the suite.

1 Like

Commonly known as ‘Splosh and go’ :wink:

Ok, I do like efficiency. Is your bidet separate from your toilet? I liked mine as I don’t have to get up and with the addition of a small stool for your legs to be raised the whole toilet experience has been ten times better the the old sit, strain and keep wiping at it situation. Lol

Yes it is but only at the side of it in the bathroom.

I’ve always thought that loo roll alone isn’t too convincing. But like others, too much soap / shower gel in those delicate parts isn’t a good idea either.

I like the foaming, ph balanced intimate washes - fine to use all over in the shower, or just to squirt onto loo roll for a fresher feeling. We have a bathroom and a downstairs loo and I keep a bottle in each.

For the benefit of any women shopping, I prefer the MM rose foam to the Yes one - less oily and that is the one I will buy again.

I don’t know if men have the same issues around sensitivity in delicate areas - if so there must be other fragrances around. The men in my household get through loads of shower gel, and I’m not sure it is that good for their skin.

2 Likes

I use shower gel, but alternate days i use soap!

Mrs Chimp is another vote for the MegsMenopause Intimate Wash. :+1: She was a ‘water-only’ adherent for most of her life, but she says this has been brilliant. Still on her first bottle too from early September, so it lasts for a long time. (Mrs Chimp reviewed it too, if anyone wants any more info :+1:)

2 Likes

I read Mrs Chimp’s review and bought some because of it.
I’ve got a couple of other brands to use up, but when I buy body wash again, it will be that one. As I said, great for all over in the shower. Doesn’t dry out skin.
I got the MM oil-based lube to review at the same time - also great!

2 Likes

As a male I think the skin on the equipment is a bit less sensative as it is external and is exposed to more, also stays dry easier. Never had any issues with over water or too much soap causing me any issues. But I can totally understand that female equipment is very different.

1 Like

Interestingly, the NHS have a How to Clean a Penis page. :slightly_smiling_face:

And a vagina one too.

And one for ‘Itchy Bottoms’. This is a gold mine. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well, that’s made my day :laughing:
Good to know advice is out there.
Love the NHS but this did raise a smile :upside_down_face:

2 Likes