Big bras that are actually pretty...?

Hello darlings. apologies if there's already been a thread on this, but I took a little look-see and couldn't find one, and I'm on my phone in the arse-end of Wales or somewhere on holiday so my patience was limited.

basically, my question is this: Does anyone know of a place where my 42D mother could get a bra that doesn't look like a recycled hammock? I've been looking for ages because she admired mine (BlueBella Eliza bra - everyone should own one) and the conversation stemmed from there.

I seriously can't find a pretty bra in a 42 band. Have I missed them, or is there a gaping hole in the market here?

Have you had a look on brastop.com? They do pretty bras or bravissimo does too (if your willing to pay)

Hope this helps

SBB x

debenhams do a bigger range - gorgeous and their bras are lovely. same with bravissimo. but i find asda and marks and spencers do good bigger bras!

Ooo asda! i might check them out.. I was just going to say I struggle to find nice bras in my size too!

Im heading to england in a few days so will get to an asda! will let u know if i find anything :)

PS. I briefly checked the asda website and they have 3 pages of bras that go up to a size 42d, so def have a look there :)

Curvissa do a pretty good range too

I have to say Rigby & Peller.......the women in there know your size just by looking at you

and bugger me they are right!

They have some of the most beautiful lingerie I have ever seen as well as the boring practical bits we all need Xx

My mum loves debenhams bra's she struggles finding large bra's and she swears by them.

I would recommend Bravissimo. I'm a 28GG and really struggle to find bra's in my size, let alone comfortable, pretty ones!

M&S also stock larger sizes, but i personally find that after a few hours they become very uncomfortable & start digging in to me....This is if i can find one that doesnt look like something my Gran wouldnt even be seen in!

Bravissimo is rather pricey, but its definitely worth paying the money! The bras are great quality & will last a long time, & most importantly they are very comfortable & look great :)

I struggle to find nice bras in big sizes too, but I have had some lovely ones from ASDA, Debenhams and La Senza! It's normally the bigger stores that do the most varied sizes.

Good luck on your quest :) x

simplybe and marisota

there is alot out there, I'm a 42KK-L, which is bloody hard to find but the 2 above sites, apart from ebay (where there are cheaper deals on certain branded bras) are the places I go to.

I have to agree with MissKnki I'm a 32J and buy all my undies from Bravissimo.

If your a bigger girl looking for pretty AND suportive I would always rate freya as the do bigger shoulder straps on their larger cups, so you dont have 'cheese wires' cutting through you from the weight of your boobs.

They even do some supper sexy swimming coustumes, tankinis and bikinis. Well worth the extra pennys for something that will last, and have you feeling and looking sexy.

Ax

I have the same problem but I have 42dd :(

My oh has problems with a 38DD :(

Any suggestions?

As has already been mentioned, I would strongly recommend Bravissimo. I am a 30G so finding places that do bras that go up to my cup size but still do smaller back sizes is very difficult. The range on Bravissimo aren't cheap but they are well worth the money & they offer a lovely range of pretty styles & colours. I also bought a sports bra from them a while ago & now, for the first time ever, I can run & jump without terrible boob pain. Which makes my gym work out much easier!

I also have to recommend Bravissimo. If you have a slightly tight budget and think they are maybe a bit pricey then you could always go in and try a couple different styles / brands on to get an idea of what you like. Then go look on Ebay and keep checking for the brands you liked. This is what I do with Panache and Freya.

Also try signing up to things like Secretsales and Brandalley as they also quite often have sales on from lingerie makers and you can pick up a few nice pieces at a cheaper price than in the shops.

Some of the Playtex Infinity lace bras are very pretty too. ( The swear words A*** S*****s also do a few larger sizes - again look on Ebay regularly and you'll be surprised what you can save).

Hope that helps a little.

Tomcatter - I would recommend Panache / Freya for your OH too.

Simply Be and Bravissimo.

I seen a few mentions of asda and this really disappoints me. It's great that they cater for the larger back sizes but what about us smaller backed folk? I'm a 30FF so I really struggle to find a bra for less than £15. I have no choice but to shop at debenhams and bravissimo and the likes. I'd love if places like asda would do bras for me too x

SexyBumBully wrote:

I seen a few mentions of asda and this really disappoints me. It's great that they cater for the larger back sizes but what about us smaller backed folk? I'm a 30FF so I really struggle to find a bra for less than £15. I have no choice but to shop at debenhams and bravissimo and the likes. I'd love if places like asda would do bras for me too x

try boux avenue they also do small back and up to an H cup :) it can be a bit pricey in there though :(

Figleaves.com. can be expensive but my tip would be find a style that fits then try end of ranges on ebay in the same range to save pennies.