Where do you buy your bras?

Hey girls,

Next month I get my lovely man back for a couple of weeks, he'll have been gone for 4months! I want to buy some new underwear as all of my bras are getting a bit old now! Trouble is, no idea where to buy from.

I'm about a 30 C cup but I vary in different shops so I'm reluctant to order online. For smaller boobs there seems to be a lot of balconette bras which are pretty but I prefer to have a bit of plunge and definitely needs a bit of padding! Need something comfortable, pretty and sexy too!

I used to love La Senza but they've become so tacky now... what happened?! I find Ann Summers don't fit very well and their cups are weird.

I don't have a lot of money but don't want anything cheap and nasty. £30ish for a bra and definitely needs to have matching undies that are attractive! It seems that the only options that I've seen are stringy thongs or baggy granny pants, nothing normal! Any advice ladies? Not really seen anything on lovehoney that I like or that's in my size. Thanks x

I recently bought some nice ones from M & S, I think they have quite a nice selection in store at the moment.

I think H&M are good for bras, they do some lovely ones also some really nice sites too :)

And la senza! They do really nice ones too :) hope that helps.

Now, I'm not being biased (!), but BlueBella do some lovely cup-sized, everyday bras and I've found that they fit really well.

I was in Debenhams yesterday because I thought I ought to do a fitting, They weren't clear on how the procedure worked so I ended up leaving for the time being but they DID have some nice bras. I'd probably go back in the near future and try again.

Lovehoney - Gemma wrote:

Now, I'm not being biased (!), but BlueBella do some lovely cup-sized, everyday bras and I've found that they fit really well.

theyre beaut ! but dont go to my size :(

Cat Lady wrote:

I was in Debenhams yesterday because I thought I ought to do a fitting, They weren't clear on how the procedure worked so I ended up leaving for the time being but they DID have some nice bras. I'd probably go back in the near future and try again.

I had a similar problem a few years back in a high street department store. Went in to get measured, and they told me I was a 32E - I wish my back size was that small!

rubysoho wrote:

Lovehoney - Gemma wrote:

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear it. Finding a well-fitted bra can be an infuriating task.

I like the Kelly Brook range in New Look.

Lovehoney - Gemma wrote:

rubysoho wrote:

Lovehoney - Gemma wrote:

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear it. Finding a well-fitted bra can be an infuriating task.

yup .. im 40 gg and its a MARE !!! id LOVE something sexy but i have never found anything affordable :(

Unfortunately I can't really shop with BlueBella due to my cup size (wish I could!) so it's the fuller cup section of Debenhams where you'll find me. Or a Bravissimo if I'm visiting a city with one.

Lovehoney - Gemma wrote:

Cat Lady wrote:

I had a similar problem a few years back in a high street department store. Went in to get measured, and they told me I was a 32E - I wish my back size was that small!

Haha I never even got that far! I got confused because the member of staff in the lingerie said "take a seat and I'll get someone to come down." I don't shop at Debenhams usually so I was a bit puzzled. I wandered round and I could only see seats a good distance away from the lingerie, in the shoes and by the fitting rooms (it must have been there but I don't think she actually said that) But it wasn't clear so was feeling like a right idiot for wandering around like a lost sheep so I gave up. I found it difficult enough to have to ask in the first place, I couldn't bear to have to ask again, so I had to escape because I was feeling uncomfortable :(

I know I probably need a proper fitting but my back size is quite small so I'm worried they'd tell me I'm a less common size that you can only buy in really expensive brands. While I wouldn't mind buying 1 or 2 as a courtesy after the fitting, I can in no way afford £20+ for a single bra on a regular basis. But it can wait a while until they have forgotten the crazy woman who asked for a fitting and then disappeared!

tend to go to Evans but i'm a 44DD.

I'd go to Marks and Spencer, try some on and get measured if I were you.

have you tried boux avenue?

Cat Lady wrote:

Lovehoney - Gemma wrote:

Cat Lady wrote:

Haha I never even got that far! I got confused because the member of staff in the lingerie said "take a seat and I'll get someone to come down." I don't shop at Debenhams usually so I was a bit puzzled. I wandered round and I could only see seats a good distance away from the lingerie, in the shoes and by the fitting rooms (it must have been there but I don't think she actually said that) But it wasn't clear so was feeling like a right idiot for wandering around like a lost sheep so I gave up. I found it difficult enough to have to ask in the first place, I couldn't bear to have to ask again, so I had to escape because I was feeling uncomfortable :(

I know I probably need a proper fitting but my back size is quite small so I'm worried they'd tell me I'm a less common size that you can only buy in really expensive brands. While I wouldn't mind buying 1 or 2 as a courtesy after the fitting, I can in no way afford £20+ for a single bra on a regular basis. But it can wait a while until they have forgotten the crazy woman who asked for a fitting and then disappeared!

M & S did a fitting for me recently and were very good about it!

Boux avenue! Amazing! I used to hate ordering off the internet and use to spen all my time going into their store. They're very reliable and have some lovely bras for all sizes! They last agesss aswell.

Cheeky Chica wrote:

Cat Lady wrote:

Lovehoney - Gemma wrote:

Cat Lady wrote:

M & S did a fitting for me recently and were very good about it!

I'll have to see if the local branch does it, but they probably don't. It's mostly the food hall because it's a very small store. They don't have a lot of clothes.

Thanks everyone, all the online places look amazing but I'm going away for a few weeks soon so I won't be around to accept the delivery or return items I don't want. So going to try in store.

I've always thought of M&S as a bit frumpy.. but actually had a look on the website and they look quite nice. Next looks fairly promising too.

I used to love La Senza but I went in recently and everything was neon! It was horrible! And the nearest H&M to me doesn't have an underwear department which is annoying as I love their bras!

Thanks for all the help girls, I LOVE underwear shopping. Excited now :) x

M&S and New Look I always buy from there x

Bet you can't wait to have him home enjoy him DDD x