Birthday code

Hi guys, does anyone know if the birthday code still gets emailed out or is it something you have to find in your account page and click on? I haven't gotten any special offer emails for ages (whatever problem that is is still ongoing!) and now I'm worried that I've missed my birthday code - can anyone who had a birthday recently advise whether they got theirs in an email or if it was in their account page? Thanks :)

I didn't get an email this year (unless it went spam), but the discount was available in my account still

I had to get on chat yesterday as I hadn't had mine. It's still supposed to be emailed but sounds like people aren't getting them.

I didn't know we get a special code on your birthday, how much discount do you get with the code?

cjkent wrote:

I didn't know we get a special code on your birthday, how much discount do you get with the code?

30% off for Unlimited members, or 20% off for account holders. Though I didn't get mine this year either. And don't forget your money off vouchers (£20 off every £40+ order for Unlimited, or £10 off a £20+ for account holders 👍) If you go to your account page you'll find more information.

cjkent wrote:

30% if you are an Unlimited customer.

Thanks for the info.

So i need to spend another £20 to get unlimited. mmm what should I buy

Silly question time: can you use the 30% off with the £20 off £40 or is that just super cheeky as it is just a huge discount already?

Gosig wrote:

Silly question time: can you use the 30% off with the £20 off £40 or is that just super cheeky as it is just a huge discount already?

You can't use two coded offers together, so you have to pick which one works out best for each purchase you're making.

Sometimes they do free toy offers if you spend a certain amount. One a little while ago was a free Desire Curve (£49.99) if you spent £40. So you'd have to choose whether you'd prefer getting the free toy or using your Unlimited voucher to get £20 off your £40 basket.

Be great if you could use 2 discounts at the same time lol

Gosig, great pics by the way.

cjkent wrote:

Be great if you could use 2 discounts at the same time lol

Gosig, great pics by the way.

Though you can use only one coded offer at a time they do stack with sale discounts and any multibuy offers (the '20% off if you buy 2 [whatever]') that spring up. They did have a long-running '20% off if you buy 2 lovehoney sex toys' offer that only ended just recently. That was brilliant for getting bargain baskets as you could add a £1.50 storage bag as your second item and it would take off a good chunk of money from the toy you actually wanted. 🙂 Then you could add your money-off voucher too for even more savings. 👍 So keep a look-out for those if they come back.

I asked Customer care to give me a response to this and they have said:

"Birthday discount is in the account now - the usual banners. Also, they are sent out via email as well - but tend to get sorted into spam." Worth checking the spam folders and don't forget it will only show if you have input your birthday into your account too. Any further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with customer care, they will be happy to help.

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

I asked Customer care to give me a response to this and they have said:

"Birthday discount is in the account now - the usual banners. Also, they are sent out via email as well - but tend to get sorted into spam." Worth checking the spam folders and don't forget it will only show if you have input your birthday into your account too. Any further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with customer care, they will be happy to help.

I think there's quite a well-known glitch about certain addresses not receiving the exclusive special offer emails. There's a thread about it somewhere. My birthday is set up in my account, and I regularly check my spam folder. I didn't realise I could click it in my account page as normally that takes me to the 'profile update' page, but that's good to know for next year. 🙂 I did know that I could have contacted Customer Care and got it but I wasn't that fussed as I prefer using the £20 voucher as it works out better unless you're buying something over £65.

I had the birthday e-mail come through absolutely fine yesterday so it is working on some accounts at least. I did have to re-register for deal of the day e-mails a few months ago as they seemed to have stopped being sent to me but have had no problems since.

I definitely still don't get any special offer emails (probably a good thing for the sake of my wallet) and also not the birthday code, not even in my spam. I've tried to re-sign-up via Customer Care in the past with no luck.

When I go into my account I have a "30% off on your birthday - tell us when it is" banner, but I've filled that form in before, and when I click it I can see that it knows my birthday was on Monday. It just asks me again every time.

So it's not working for me but that's alright. I don't have my eye on anything specific right now anyway! Thanks everyone for your help.

Mine came through at 1.06am...after my birthday lol

I don't think i had one way back in June![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif) Do you have to use it by a certain time?

Teacake - they normally only have a couple of weeks on them.

The birthday and anniversary ones are only valid for a week.

I forgot about the anniversary discount. 🙂 Will that one show up in my account page too?