Birthday in Lockdown

I had my birthday in lockdown, we couldnt do anything but enjoyed normal family day at home with cake etc.

I think i really missed the social aspect of everything eating out etc , the seeing people you dont allways see and being spoilt

How has everyone coped , did anyone get anything good for there birthdays

My mom was 80 during lockdown and the big family get together was postponed, but on the day, me my brother and sister and our partners had a socially distanced get together in mom's garden all taking our own food etc. It wasn't how we intended her birthday to be, but she loved it.

It’s my birthday next month, a relative biggie (I turn 25) and I’m still wondering what the restrictions will be when it comes around. I live in Wales so the rules here are slightly different to England! I always always go big on my birthdays and either go away or organise a huge night out with as many friends as I can get in one place at one time. I feel this year will be quieter for sure…

Crazy times, we are now under further lockdown in the north west well they have removed our rights to visit each others house etc

Funny thing is, husband and I both had big birthdays in lockdown, and we both felt that we had dodged a bullet by escaping the social pressure to have a big event (by my family mainly, must be said),
I do feel for you and all the other social creatures out there missing out on the normal routines and treats, it must be incredibly difficult.
Missed my usual birthday tattoo, but getting it tomorrow as a belated gift. I am very lucky.

2 Likes

@Gosig Couldn’t agree more. This lockdown is proving very useful in helping me to avoid certain social situations I really didn’t want to do in the first place.

Our household has had 4 lockdown birthdays so far and it’s mine in a couple of weeks, so that will be 5 in total.

I can be quite antisocial so having a birthday without my extended family piling around sounds bliss. Also as a family of 6, lockdown has been quite hectic and stressful, so I am really looking forward to a chilled day of doing nothing much, in all honesty. And hopefully me and MrOs will get the chance for a bit of privacy later in the evening. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I did feel for the kids having lockdown birthdays, it was tough for them. But we tried to make the day fun by playing lots of games, and getting outdoors a little further afield. We even camped out in the garden for one! And of course the money that we saved on parties and/or a big day out, we splurged on their present.

1 Like

Got my birthday coming up later this week. Will make the best of it.

Staying in should mean the food and wine will be better than the usual fare served up by the national chains.

Hoping for a bit of action too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: if you know what I mean.

1 Like

Don’t drink too much wine then! :wine_glass:

1 Like

It will be my birthday at the end of November so will still be in lockdown. My plans are to get something nice to eat at home (maybe takeaway), watch a good film and have some filthy fun!! Although welcome to more ideas because I’m at a loss :joy:

My birthday was yesterday but, to be honest, it’s no big thing anymore so lockdown has made little or no difference.

I had my birthday in lockdown in July , and fate wasn’t happy with me.

I drove to my parents house to spend a few hours socially distancing in the garden, had cake, treats, was a nice day. I started to drive home, about an hour in to the drive, and my car started smoking, pulled over and the smoke was gone, thought ‘right I’m 15 minutes away from home, I’ll make it’, nope I went up a rather steep hill and at the top my engine just exploded, bonnet near enough flew off, and yeah smoke everywhere, liquids flying everywhere, parts of tubes and cables across the road.

Luckily two mechanics pulled over and checked it out, I’d only had the car 2 weeks and had an MOT pass certificate, the mechanics instantly said ‘what work was done because there’s a lot needing done’ turns out the mechanic I bought it from hadn’t repaired the cylinder head gasket but told me he had and it exploded. Car was a write off, the mechanics towed me to a public car park and after £300 tow money and 2 weeks later I returned the car for a refund. Lesson learned.

Eventful lockdown, to say the least.

1 Like