How is everyone doing!

Hey, I haven’t made a new topic in a while, and I was wanting to know how everyone is doing!

This years been super difficult for all of us, and I wanted to create a safe space where people can come and talk, rant and whine about what they need to.

What’s bothering you? What plans do you have for the rest of the year? How are you feeling about Halloween and Christmas coming up? Celebrating anything else? Let me know!

2 Likes

Oh hello. :wave: Mrs S and I are doing fine, social isolation suits us and we never did much for Christmas anyway. The only thing that really bothers me is not having been able to visit my parents but they have been seeing other friends and family nearby. What about yourself @BluePup?

2 Likes

Hello @BluePup hope you’re well! Same old shit here worked through lockdown, OH was furloughed and it nearly did her head in. Managed to get 3 holidays in by sheer luck. Christmas is going to be interesting! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Serpentwand @WillC I’m so glad to hear you’ve both been doing well!

I was furloughed for a while too and it was so dull and tiring! I’d rather be working so I have something to do haha.

Yeah I feel like most people will be with you on this. It’s so frustrating to not be able to see people :frowning:

I’ve been okay myself! My mental health hasn’t been particularly great, but my partner has really helped me through it :smiley:

4 Likes

Glad to hear your partner’s helped @BluePup, this panic will be raising the question of how to manage one’s states of mind for many people. :thinking:

2 Likes

@BluePup @Serpentwand i think this forum has definitely helped a lot of us during this difficult time. A nice little community of supportive and fun people. @Serpentwand i can imagine it must be hard seeing your parents, i am lucky in that my mom lives a couple of streets away and i am part of her support bubble.

4 Likes

Don’t really know where to start. I went through a lot of stuff in my life and years but I think this year is the worst. Started working for myself end of last year but had to stop in March because of covid19 as I suffer
from asthma. I was shielding with my partner, now wife for 5 months. She worked from home but on reduced hours with only 80 percent of her wages paid. I had no income at all and no help from the government. Luckily we could financially cover everything with our savings. In this 5 month we lost our 9 year old dog as he became very ill out of the blue as he suffered from epilepsy. I had plans visiting my brother in Germany as he is in a care home and we haven’t seen each other the last 2 years. After lock down I had to take a job on (which I hate) but I need to be strong doing this for a while to keep my little business alive. The very positive of all this sad stuff, I married my love of my life in September.
:crossed_fingers:next year is getting better

5 Likes

Keeping fingers crossed for 2021 :crossed_fingers:

While this year has been pants, it could have been a lot worse too. Although I’ve had my second job (in the events industry) dry up overnight, thankfully my main job has continued so the bills have been paid. It’s just annoying as I really enjoy the second job but can’t complain as for some they’ve lost their jobs and/or loved ones. Keeps things in perspective!

5 Likes

What a crappy situation, hopefully things will improve for you :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Losing a dog is always so upsetting and it happens far too regularly. We’ve lost four over the years, all rescue dogs, just have to console ourselves with the thought that we gave them a good life and are now doing the same for others. :hugs:

Congratulations on your marriage though! :revolving_hearts: :ring:

7 Likes

@Serpentwand same here, on our 4th rescue dog over 30 years, always heartbreaking to lose them, but we take heart in the fact we gave them good lives with lots of love and holidays.

3 Likes

@WillC thanks mate. I’m sure it will improve as I’m not letting myself down

2 Likes

@Serpentwand thank you

2 Likes

Hi @BluePup :wave:t2:

This year has absolutely flown by. I feel like it should only be March.
I don’t work, so nothing to worry about there.
I’ve just turned into a hermit. Barely been out the house as I’m classed as vulnerable.
I’ve seriously missed going to swingers clubs and attending fetish events.
Halloween, well I won’t be attending any parties and Christmas, well I hope it’s cancelled. Bah humbug :grimacing:

5 Likes

Hi all @BluePup I was furloughed like nearly 75% of the country and couldn’t wait to get back to work, unfortunately for myself there was no comma from my own company to keep us informed apart a group of us who were going through the same shit being furloughed! Which help slightly! We have done 5 birthdays during lock down not gone out to help out my OH don’t feel safe enough to do it, as for Halloween :jack_o_lantern: we will not be doing that but Christmas with 2 7 yr olds we have told them that Santa will not be coming because of COVID and we will buy them their presents instead so have to select carefully what they would like, but as with everyone else on a limited budget as we have no savings left again like a lot of others in the same situation! I feel for all those who have had to work it then get put into their 3 because idiots do not follow the rules ! I do my best to keep all mine safe and well as much as I can .

2 Likes

@Gazza_64 I bet that it’s super difficult with kids! The concept of lockdown must be so hard to explain to them, as well as them not being able to see friends and family.

I usually see a few of my friends on Halloween as my friends birthday is just a few days after so unfortunately our tradition won’t be able to happen this year. Instead, I’m going to a pumpkin patch with my partner for a bit of innocent and childish fun. You can’t beat carving pumpkins. I hope you make the most of Halloween and Christmas with your children!

2 Likes

We’ve got a letter from the council telling us not to go knocking on doors at Halloween as this counts as social mixing which is not allowed. :no_pedestrians: :biohazard: :skull_and_crossbones: :coffin:

2 Likes

Has someone told the council not to post letters through everyone’s door so they can reduce the possibility of reducing the transmission of COVID by putting them through everyone’s door ? :face_with_monocle::thinking:

4 Likes

It’s the council they don’t do joined up thinking!

1 Like

@WillC or joined up writing either erghhh

1 Like