Bisexual, have noticed a lot of the ladies have this on your profiles.

Agreed. It doesn't end though. Nobody is happy sharing the same label. It trends to be individual.

In a sexual way I'd say I'm pansexual, a body is a body, a mouth is a mouth, a bum is a bum etc. In a relationship way, I've never fallen in love with a man, can I say I never will? Who knows?

Nope! Mrs FC is as straight as you are and I can tell you she is NOT boring in the least :)

The problem is always going to be our obsessive tendancies to label everything and everyone. For some reason most people are uncomfortable with someone they can't put safely into a box. I like boxes too but I like finding new ones that come in weird shapes.

I am really glad we only had three labels when I was young and figuring these things out. It was pretty simple. I like boys. Oh, look, I like girls too. I'm bi. Easy peasy, done. All of this new fangled faffing about with pots and pans and polytranswhatsitsgender is the stuff of twenty-something existential angst. I'm way too old to be bothered. ;-)

I generally live my life Ork. I'm not looking for a catergory to put myself in. If it makes people better to have that label then good for them but I for one won't be using it to address. You have a name and that will do for me. Don't expect me to identify you or others by a gender. If I would upset you by getting it wrong then that is your issue and not my ignorance.

LauraP wrote:

The problem is always going to be our obsessive tendancies to label everything and everyone. For some reason most people are uncomfortable with someone they can't put safely into a box. I like boxes too but I like finding new ones that come in weird shapes.

I like that.

I'm a firm believer that everyone comes in their own weird unique human shaped box...

Haha. Full circle Ork. Bloody labels have a lot to answer for.

Sum Sub wrote:

You been perving profiles again GG? ;)

Sorry Subby, did you think that was your sole prerogative.

If I have to have a label then mine is bisexual. I am sexually attracted to men and women, and have had sexual experiences with both and enjoyed. I am currently in a relationship with a man who I am very happy with. I totally believe that it is the person I fall in love with...what's in their pants is irrelevant to me.

Personally, I have been in relationships with both men and women. I tend to fall for the person rather than whether they are a he, she or whatever.

I get turned on by women, I fancy some women, I've experimented with some women but I'm straight in my eyes. I wouldn't want to date a women. I like willies too much!

Plus one hormonal nutter in a relationship is enough. I don't want to have to compete with someone to be the grumpiest person in the relationship x x

I have felt turned on by kissing a woman when we have been playing. I have experimented also with some women but I am totally straight, I agree, I like a willy too much!!! lol

Always Hot wrote:

I have felt turned on by kissing a woman when we have been playing. I have experimented also with some women but I am totally straight, I agree, I like a willy too much!!! lol

Nice!

Just for fun, here is a list of sexuality labels, from my (Admittedly short amount of) research:

Gay: Traditionally a man attracted to men, now taken also for women who are attracted to women

Homosexual: Attracted to the same sex

Heterosexual: Attracted to the opposite sex

Straight (Same as heterosexual)

Bisexual: Attracted to men and women

Bicurious: Attracted to the opposite sex but curious about sex with the same sex

Pansexual: A person who can be attracted to all genders, male/female/transgender etc. Pansexuals feel attraction based on spiritual or personality attraction.

Polysexual: A person who is attracted to multiple genders or orientations, but not all.

Queer: Once a derogatory term, now reclaimed by the LGBTQ community to represent those who fall outside of gender or sexuality norms

Skoliosexual: To be attracted to genderqueer and trans sexual people

Asexual: A person who feels no sexual attraction (Or very little) for anyone.

That list is not comprehensive and it only applies to sexuality not orientation. There are lots of labels to define orientation too. The point is....I am lost! lol. I agree in part with Rose Hip (So many labels I am not sure what means what and who likes who anymore) but also with the people who said that if it helps define you and make you feel comfortable then wear your label with pride.

You missed Lesbian?

Oh and to add my answer, I have my profile set to the label "Straight" although I have had multiple sexual experiences with women over the years, that attraction was only sexual. In other words, I cannot see myself falling in love with a woman and being in a relationship with a woman and the amount of women who catch my eye, compared to men, is low. So, I am a woman who occasionally has same sex experiences for the experience and not for the long term. I refuse to call myself Bisexual based on that, because it would be a lie in my opinion. Bisexuality to me suggests that I should feel the same levels of attraction for each sex, up to and including wanting a relationship with the same sex, but I don't want that so...yeh.

In other words, sexuality is difficult to define (and each person has a different version of what a label means to them) and not many of us can fit neatly into one box. Lots of us kind fit half in this box and half in that box and this can confuse people. You are what you are, (Even if they haven't invented a label for that yet lol)

FrumCouple wrote:

You missed Lesbian?

I did! Apologies, I was just rushing through a quick list, but as I said, my list wasn't comprehensive as I knew I would have skipped a few lol. Oops!

this is probably a silly question, but what is the difference between lesbian and homosexual or gay? ...

Homosexual means someone who is attracted to people of the same gender

Gay (in comon usage) refers specificaly to men who are attracted to men

Lesbian refers to women who are attracted to women