Boobiethon - Oct 1-7: Raising money for Breast Cancer

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and since 2002, the first week of October has always been Boobiethon.

Women from all over the world send in photos of their covered or uncovered breasts. The covered photos are in the open gallery, but you have to donate to Susan G Komen in order to get access to the gallery of bare breasts. All photos are required to be anonymous, with no faces showing, and no full body nudity. Rather than being sexualized, it is a fun and body-positive experience, with breasts of all shapes and sizes. Even men are encouraged to send in topless shots! Contributors can be credited or not, as they choose, with links to their blogs if applicable, but it is on a separate contributors page. There is nothing on the site to link name to photo. Of course you're always welcome to tell people which boobs are yours!

If you decide to contribute photos this year, you can always show off your Lovehoney body jewellery, lingerie, nipple pasties, or Ta-Ta-Toos. This one is particularly appropriate:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20843

The main site is at http://www.boobiethon.com/ but hasn't been updated for 2011 yet. You can also see the (probably nsfw) covered gallery here http://www.boobiethon.com/gallery/

Who is in?

Sounds like good fun for a great cause - I've taken 5 sets of the Think Pink Ta-Ta-Toos out of stock, so if 5 people would like to participate in this drop me an email and I'll post them out to you!

Ooo! My OH will definitely do this! Cheers Silverdrop! SG x

This sounds great. I'm thinking about joining in!

Can we send in more than one image? I love the idea of sending it in anonymously and I may point mine out to the OH or get him to find it. >.<

Will have a photo session later tonight, thanks for the info!

Thank you, we now have a camera so will be doing this :) Aunt had treatment for breast cancer last year and I'm not really the race running type :P

Sounds like a fun way of supporting an amazing cause have ordered the ta-ta-toos , just need to tell the oh i need a boob photo : p

xGGx

I'm up for this! Have bookmarked the page for 1st October xx

Yes, Im up for this too! Thanks

Yes, Im up for this too! Thanks

One post for each Dee! ;)

sweetlove666 wrote:

Will have a photo session later tonight, thanks for the info!

No hurry! You have all of September, and I'm not sure when they'll be "open for business". I'm not one of the operators of the site, just a frequent participant.

sorry - not sure what happened there SG - hah yes one for each boob! ;-)

I'd do it but I don't think anyone wants to see a photo of my knees!

I'm in! Anything for a good cause!

x X x wrote:

This sounds great. I'm thinking about joining in!

Can we send in more than one image? I love the idea of sending it in anonymously and I may point mine out to the OH or get him to find it. >.<

You can send as many as you like! One year I wore a little floaty chemise and had written "Donate to see more!" on my cleavage. Then I had another photo with the top of the chemise lowered to show everything and had "Thank you!" written on my boobs.

Some people really get into it, with lots of different poses and costumes and even lighting effects and the like. It's really so much fun!

Oh I may consider participating. Last year I went through all those checks as I had lump in my right breast. It was cyst, but it did scare me a lot and the whole family. If it was something more I would be lucky as thanks to doing the checks at least once a month it would be still in the very early stage.

Where does one send photos and how exactly does this work?

Rowan wrote:

Where does one send photos and how exactly does this work?

As Silverdrop mentioned the page/site has yet to be updated for the 2011 year. They have the "Submit" tab to send in the image/s. The site is apparently at its "peak" during the first week of October so it'll either start then or just before. =]

I'm not sure about the exact details but I guess you'll be able to access your photos via the "contribution" page that SD mentioned but otherwise it's completely anonymous. And also, the uncovered pictures are in a different gallery that people need to donate in order to access.

From what I gather you can upload your images from the 1st October