Boobs heading south?

Hi there was a post on my wife's Facebook page that made the following suggestion; The possible reason your breasts start to hang down is BECAUSE you wear a bra, what do you think?

I can see the logic in this, you start to support them, before they even need holding up, then continue to do so for almost all the time, then wonder why they're no longer perky, say, and hang down with no support. Do you think if you did not wear one(bra) until later in life they would be different and also as they need to support themselves maybe smaller?

Just made me think umm maybe right(theory), yes I understand there are times that you need to wear one say sports. I also wondered if it was sneaky marketing on the manufacture's side, not helped by pier pressure when you're young.

Large ladies' breasts cannot deny the effects of gravity; but there is going South and going to the S Pole. I get great pleasure from seeing my OH in or out of a bra.

QOAW is correct in that bra wearing for convention and comfort seem to be the norm and for manufacturers benefit. I've not seen or heard any documentary suggesting support has detrimental effects long term. At this juncture I would not support burning bras.

I remember chatting to a friend who studies fashion and lingerie, bras, muscles, etc, make no different to whether or not your boobs are going to drop apparently.

I hardly wear bras and mine are still perky and round even at DD right now. But it might just be my age too.

I might try and see if she wrote about post about boobs sagging.

There was a study by a French professor and he spent years studying women's boobs to prove if not wearing a bra made boobs sag sooner and this guys research showed that the women that didn't wear a bra had perkier less saggy boobs than the women that wore a bra

I have always had large breasts, I currently wear an HH cup. I find it way too uncomfortable to not wear a bra out and about during the day (too much bouncing!) so no bra is out of the question.

I'm 22 but they do appear to sag a bit even though they are round and the skin is quite elastic - I think the appearance is more to do with the position of my nipples which is further down than is generally considered aesthetically pleasing. I can live with it though!