Uncomfortable boobs

Okay so I’m usually a 32/34HH (depends where I can get it from) anyway I’ve started to loose weight because I need to...and I’ve already lost a stone in 12weeks steady and slow wins the race! BUT my boobs seem to have gotten bigger!! How is this possible?! - genuine question I’m half debating going to the doctors because small back big boobs is an issue in its own but I should be going down a size if not a little bit but they’re bulging over my bra- please if anyone has any idea why this could be because I am beyond frustrated now I do intend in the near future to have a reduction but for the time being I don’t want to be buying more bras when essentially in a few months I’ll be too small for them and for all the ladies out there with big boobs small backs - you know bras are difficult to find and expensive so I don’t want to be spending. I just need to understand why this could be happening. I’m so uncomfortable today - I debated going to work braless but I like to have a bit of supports coz walking or running etc I’ll just knock myself out 😂🙈 please help.

I have no idea why this could have happened but I'd love to know how u have lost that much weight I need shed loads myself x I'm hoping mine don't go bigger as I lose 😂 x

Congrats on your weight loss!!!

Could it be ''this time of the month''? My boobs can get swollen for a few days before I get my period, and during the first days of menstruation as well. If that's not the case, could you ask a doctor? It really doesn't sound concerning for your overall health, but it is unusual.

In case you need to purchase new bras, I suggest checking in second-hand clothing stores, facebook marketplace, local groups online etc. You might be able to find some bras that you don't have to spend a fortune on...

I know Im a man and am probably clueless, but maybe your boobs are staying the same size but your frame is getting smaller with your weight loss (well done keep going), thus your bra's are no longer fitting correctly??

Kinky&Curvy wrote:

Okay so I’m usually a 32/34HH (depends where I can get it from) anyway I’ve started to loose weight because I need to...and I’ve already lost a stone in 12weeks steady and slow wins the race! BUT my boobs seem to have gotten bigger!! How is this possible?! - ..........you know bras are difficult to find and expensive so I don’t want to be spending. ........

Just be yourself my dear and relax. We are what we are and enjoy what we are given. Your boobs seems bigger b'cos your frame is getting smaller. Weight loss involves shedding off fats. Our boobs areas don't have much to give in.

Hi I think I have an explanation. As you lose weight you will lose back fat, so need a smaller back size. As the back size goes down you will need a larger cup size. So even if your wearing your existing bra on the tightest setting the cups will now be too small. The bra cup size is proportional to the back measurement.

So so doepwn from a 32 HH would probably be 30J

i would weight to see the Dr until you have lost the weight you are trying to lose as your size and shape may continue to change as the weight decreases.

Sorry not much help, but I hope I have explained why.

Thanks for all the responses - I do think you’re right with my frame getting smaller and my boobs staying the same size - I guess I’m just at that uncomfortable stage where no bra fits me, I might have to invest in hopefully a cheap bra that fits coz oh my days a 30J is gonna be difficult to find 😫 I am proud of my boobs considering I’m All natural don’t get me wrong they just aren’t half frustrating 🙈 I intend to lose another 3 stone yet so just maybe I might lose a cup size or two and Rachlou88 I’m doing slimming world ☺️ I haven’t even started exercising yet because I’ve had an operation that’s stopped me from being very active so my weight loss so far is simply by changing up my diet xx

This is me Kinky&Curvy. I've been losing weight slowly for years, and luckily, it doesn't seem to come of my boobs. I started out as a size 24 with FF cups. Now I'm a 16 with H cups, and it is looking likely that next time, I'll be in HH.

They certainly look like they are getting bigger, they feel like they are getting bigger, but as has been said above, they probably aren't, but seem to be as everything is smaller.

As always for that size boobs, I'd head for Bravissimo. They have over 60 bras on their website for your size, and make sure you get fitted too, as they are brilliant at fitting.