Boudoir Photography

Hey guys. I want to surprise the oh with a boudoir shoot. Main reason is I'd love some professional sexy pictures of her and from researching it, it seems it's a big confidence booster. She does suffer with body confidence issues however but once over the initial concerns of the style of photography I believe she will love it. Do you think this is good idea? Anyone have any experience of attending such shoots?

That would be a nice surprise but i think you really need to be sure she will be ok with it, I would bring it up with her in a covert way, you say she does suffer with body confidence so she just might not be happy with a stranger taking photos, and then she has to know she can trust this person.

Seasidecouple wrote:

Hey guys. I want to surprise the oh with a boudoir shoot. Main reason is I'd love some professional sexy pictures of her and from researching it, it seems it's a big confidence booster. She does suffer with body confidence issues however but once over the initial concerns of the style of photography I believe she will love it. Do you think this is good idea? Anyone have any experience of attending such shoots?

I have done one a few years ago and at time I went with a female photographer as a plus size woman as my confidence was so so low. She gave me so many tips on ways to hold my body positions etc. When I received the photos at the viewing she did amazin and I couldn't believe the details and way made me look. I actually wrapped them up in a box and gave them to my now hubby on our wedding night and was very impressed. Now been a few years the weight has gained and once I lose some more I will want to do the experience again

I did one for my OH a couple of years ago and had a great time. It was a great confidence boost and the pictures were stunning. He found it a great turn on seeing the results at our screening and I let him chose his favourites. Well worth the experience but be warned, the pictures are pricey.

Would any of you guys be happy to answer a few questions about the whole event?

Happy to answer questions as a semi pro photographer (as in I don’t charge anywhere near what I should and need to, to earn a living from it) who has done them and as a client who has had them (that being said it was for a photographer friend who was building. A portfolio) but some of them I Loved, some I hated. As a plus size extremely low as in 0 self esteem it was pretty obvious I was going to be super picky so for me to have some I loved was fantastic. Mine were for an anniversary present for my husband and he loved every single one apparently.

From a insecure womens point of view... if my partner brought me this, as much as I would hate and love him for it I don't think I'd ever bring myself to actually go to the shoot. I love the idea and have always thought about having one done but the nerves kicks in and I make myself talk myself out of it. I'd bring it up in general convo and say something like " you should do this" and see what her reaction is like.

Thanks for all your replies and input guys. Really is helpful. I'm not sure if this is allowed within the forum rules but can anyone recommend a photographer?

So I live in the States and can't recommend a specific photographer but would love to offer some insight as someone who has had professional boudoir photos done multiple times (it is addictive LOL)

1. she may feel more comfortable with a female photographer. Mine is female and her team that does touch ups, etc are all female.

2. Not all photographers allow an "audience" mine does NOT allow men / partners in the studio during a shoot and frankly I would have found it highly distracting to myself to have anyone there. She will allow a female friend to attend with for "moral" support but I prefer to go alone.

3. gifting this to get without knowing if she is even willing to try it could backfire... I would maybe discuss the idea with her first. Have hear read the lovehoney blog on this topic... I know there is one out there albeit a bit dated maybe the topic is still good and finally try to find a photographers website that has client testimonials from other women or actual online portfolios so she can see it is for women of all shapes and sizes.

For me HUGE confidence boost, love to look at my books and will probably get more in the future. Best wishes!

Happy to answer questions

At the moment, the popular high street chemist has some offers on their gift experience vouchers. I got a makeover and portrait done for £20. More of a fashion shoot, but I did wear a Lovehoney robe. I think maybe a gift like this could be a good starting point.

I used to do photography. Its good when someone who you can tell from the start is shy, but once the first set is under way they really come out of their shell.