Busted by the postman!

I’m on school holidays, it’s my last ones ever as I start a new job next month. Anyway, I’m expecting a LH parcel so plans are in place.

So today I got up, decided to fake tan, which means after I’ve done that, I’ve got my hair up a pair of scruffy old pj’s on. I’m sat on the sofa and the postman knocks the door. He hands me the parcel and starts to tell me that his mate works (or worked) for Lovehoney as a manager. Bearing in mind I’m in South Wales, I was a bit taken aback. He goes on to say that he travels up on a Monday and back on a Friday. I’m dying by this point thinking that the postman is probably wondering what I’m ordering, and I’ve had a fair few of the said packages lately!! He then goes on to say that his mate has told some stories, I didn’t ask what, as by this time I’m sure my redness was showing through my fake tan!!

So Mr Manager, if you’re reading this, I hope I brightened up the postman’s boring delivery day!!!

12 Likes

Odd he stopped to talk, usually my postie is just knock, hands over the parcel, bye :rofl: I mean anyone who’s ordered from Lovehoney and works for a delivery company probably knows when they’re delivering an LH parcel, but he shouldn’t have said anything as how would he like it if his postie let on that they knew where he’d ordered from (professional courtesy) :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

He usually chats as he remembers me from school, I don’t remember him at all!!!

6 Likes

Awe well, you should have said something your not expecting and see if his eyes boogled :joy:

5 Likes

I couldn’t say for certain, but I suspect some of them do!! Xx

1 Like

@Rhilee if he does know you are ordering from Lovehoney he knows you are enjoying yourself & it is probably over thinking as to what is in your parcels :joy: . I had an issue once where i got the email to say my Lovehoney parcel had been delivered but i hadnt had it. The postman had delivered it to a neighbour who lived up the road from me. When she dropped it off she said " at least i now know im not the only one in our road , have fun" & gave a little wink. :wink::wink:

14 Likes

Oh they definitely know it’s a Lovehoney parcel :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I always have the same delivery guy for RM. If I use Hermes it’s always the same guy too, “enjoy your parcel” with a wink and a grin :smirk: and going by some of the conversations we’ve had.

4 Likes

Thankfully my postie doesn’t say anything when I get my LH parcel or if one of my parents gets it, I would be absolutely mortified if my mum picked up my LH parcel at the door and then the postie suddenly mentions something about lovehoney to my mum, I wouldn’t know how to justify my purchase if my mum ask me what i ordered, hopefully that will never happen though :rofl:

6 Likes

Happened to a friend of mine.

Mum opened sex toy parcel…but to be fair she had the same name as her mum.

Moral of the story…give your kids different names and initials if possible.

:scream::scream::scream:

3 Likes

Haha!! Oh my goodness! Bizarre how some postmen are overly talkative :smile:

1 Like

Bah ha ha :rofl: :rofl:

He most probably just recognises the LH trading address as he buys toys for himself.

1 Like

I’ll have to be extra careful, my two lads have the same initial & surname as me :confounded::see_no_evil:
Yikes! :rofl:

3 Likes

I bought some underwear (some for me and some for Mrs. Val) from a big name competitor but the package comes from Spain to Canada. I had it delivered to my work as we don’t have a receptionist and stuff just gets left in a bin.

Well, guess what? They hired a 20-something year-old cute receptionist who accepted the package and brought it to my office. No discreet packaging and in fact, the exact contents were written on the side of the parcel… :man_facepalming:

Well I guess she now knows my choice in underwear and what size my wife is…lol. She did kind of look at me awkwardly but at least it wasn’t something super intimate. Maybe I keep the parcels coming until she asks… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Im sure my face would have been a lil red to! At least you know your more likely not to miss a package now haha

2 Likes

I know the feeling. My postie is my old school friend’s dad so I always get nervous when he hands me the LH box :joy:

I’ve not ordered a great deal really but when I do I always get it sent to a post office in town! I know my postie and he knows absolutely everybody and I know he’s a right little gossip and couldn’t hold his own water if his life depended on it :laughing: plus I’m hardly in during the day so it’s much easier for me and obviously saves it going to a nosey neighbour :joy:

4 Likes

I have the same first and last name as my mother in law, so when we were living with them for a few months last year, we made sure to make all our orders in my husband’s name!! I would’ve died if she opened one of my packages :persevere::grimacing:

Now we have a post office box, so nothing awkward has happened :+1:

2 Likes

Man I miss having one so you never have to worry if you’ll be home to accept a package (though my parents live at the end of a dead end road so non-USPS deliveries just get left on the porch and are safe), but they don’t really seem to be a thing here in the UK (though my old apartment landlord said it sounded like a good idea) :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

To be honest , id probably have told the Postman to mind his own f#%&÷×g business.
I’d doubt that it is in the Post office code of practice, to engage with a customer regarding their parcel unless they started the conversation.
There must be a level of confidentiality that is expected of the delivery staff, id have thought.

3 Likes