butt plug for a beginner

Evening !

Myself and my other half have been exploring new things lately. Iv seen a lot of butt plugs on the site and I'm very intrigued. Iv had a peek at other forum threads but Iv still got questions. Are they something you wear in the bedroom for pleasure or are they to be used Under cloths on dates, around the house ect? Any advice and ideas welcome.
Thank you for reading.

Whatever appeals to you, really! People use them in different ways. Wearing them during vaginal intercourse can intensify sensations for both parties. Or you can just wear them as part of foreplay if they help get you aroused. And yes, some people like to wear them while going about daily activities. Or all of the above! If you experiment you'll find out what works for you.

Do you have any ideas about what you'd like to try? I'd recommend starting with something gently tapered and moderately sized, in silicone or glass. There are so many options available it can be hard to pick!

Good luck and feel free to ask more questions if you can't find what you need to know. :)

Both!

The beginner's butt plug section (https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/butt-plugs/beginners-butt-plugs/) should be useful.

I'd probably suggest this (https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33939) since the overall shape looks pretty great. The rounded tip is not pointy enough to poke your rectum uncomfortably, and the tapered drop-off between the bulb and neck will make for easy removal.

Thank you for your reply. To be honest Iv no idea yet. I'm thinking something small and easy to place. To see if I even like it yet. I love the fact there is this forum to talk to others ! Iv never considered a butt plug befor and I have no like minded friends to discuss with. So thank you ! Iv read that glass seems to stay in better ? I guess the bedroom would be a good place to start and see how it goes. It's all a bit new to me but I'm loving it . Just worried with so much choice I don't want to do any " damage" as daft as that sounds lol

Thank you xialos. Iv just taken a look and that dosent look to scary. I think I might give that one a try and progress if I like it. Do any of these cause any problems if used to often ? Is there a limit on the time they should be on or times used per week ? Or all preety safe ?
Thank you x

Me n the Mrs started with this one

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16053

Plenty of lube you will love it

Thank you I'll take a look. :-)

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=8436
Hi, its awesome that your looking tontry out new things, when we forat tried experimenting with anal sex, we tried this small plug out, its bery flexible, with a wife flared base so no need to worry about it getting lost and nice enjoyable vibrations. My Fianceé used to really enjoy this toy.

Good luck in finding whats right for you.

I had a freebie butt plug, once trued, I was nook. Now have a small vibration plug and the sensation is wow, during sex or on its own. Highly recommendable, you love it.

We only use them during sex, but people do use them when out about as part of foreplay.

We started off with fingers when we were discovering anal play then moved to anal toys . The LH basic range is great to start off with, like the others suggested before, these are less expensive as it may take a couple of toys later to find the right one that do it for you.
I had the slimline butt plug but it didn't really do anything for me, we upgraded to silicone anal beads which do the trick if you leave them in while having sex as they wiggle as your body moves. Now I've just purchased a vibrating prostate massager and looking forward to this being delivered in the next day or too.

People wear them for several reasons, a pre stretch before anal play, to feel a bit naughty in publice by concealing under clothes, or in the bedroom for pleasure or for added pleasure during intercourse. As others have said they are diverse and both pleasurable for males and females. If you want to give one a try then I would definitely recommend the Lovehoney basics one

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16053

It’s small enough for beginners and to give you a nice warm up if you move onto something bigger. Plenty of lube and a douche are also recommended for a clean and comfy experience.

Thank you all for your replies and advice. I was quite shocked ( only because I'm uneducated in this) when I heard people discussing them being used outside of the bedroom which is where my confusion came in. I like idea of trying it in the bedroom ( at least for now). Thank you for all of your recommendations. I'm so pleasantly surprised that there is somewhere to discuss all of this.
I have tried beads last week and realy liked them so I'm guessing a plug would be the next step. Going to start basic like recommended I guess and go from there. Big thank you !

The b vibe Snug Plug number 1 beginners weighted butt plug. If the biggest one which I use is anything to go by, and I've used a good few different styles and sizes over the years, I would recommend giving it a try, for comfort and easy insertion and extraction even though it's not your normal looking shaped plug, but it does what it says on the box, it's Very Snug. Enjoy what ever you choose and don't forget to use plenty of lube and maybe warm yourself up with your fingers first.

Thank you rimmer57 I'll take a look at that one a bit later on ( when I have some proper privacy) .I'v definetly noted your advice on lube !