Buying a bra

I’d love to buy my wife a nice bra - mainly for bedroom use - but just feel a bit embarrassed doing it. Stupid, I know. Is it best to do this as a surprise or not? Also, are certain bras better suited to breast size? Thanks everyone.

2 Likes

@Dave5 what size is she?

Nothing to feel stupid or embarrassed about.
Sounds obvious but check her size on her existing bras and go from there.
Xmas is only a few weeks away so it would make a great gift but don’t forget the matching bottoms.
I’m guessing from your post that this isn’t something you’ve bought for her before now so it’ll be an even bigger surprise.
Lovehoney have got some amazing sets available and their returns policy is second to none so if it’s nota perfect fit they’ll be happy to change it for you.

1 Like

32H I think.

1 Like

Ok, Im a 30E at the moment so not a million miles away.
I ll try to link some suggestions later.
I always wear matching bra and thong / knickers so Id suggest that too

3 Likes

It shows what a classy lady you are @Mrs.John , matching underwear says it all. A lovely size as well.

1 Like

Thanks, appreciate it.

1 Like

What I have found is that the brand matters too. She likely has a favorite that is wore out but is her “go-to”. Take a pic of the tag with the size and a pic of the style, take the pics into the store on your phone (don’t buy online) and ask the gals to get you the same kind/style/fit or something similar in a bra/panty set that you like.
Bedroom wear is one thing but I find it tends to hit the back of the drawer and not worn again. If you like seeing your OH in a pretty set that she likes, spend a bit more and it’s a win/win.

2 Likes

Love seeing my misses in sexy underwear and often buy her stuff. Some great advice from others already, always get a matching set, look at the brands/styles she usually wears and pick something you like that ticks all those boxes. My Mrs has a smaller bust and wears plunge bras, front fastening preferably and either a thong or Brazilian knickers (I usually get her both styles of knickers). You’ll find shop assistants more than happy to help and saves a mass of time if they find the sizes for you.

1 Like

Years ago, I worked in the lingerie department, and I loved when men came in looking terrified, it meant they really wanted to buy something for their partner or themselves and either way I was happy to help.
Bring check a few of her bras for styles and sizes and like others have said, if the majority of her bras come from the same shop then thats your best bet.
Good luck!

2 Likes

Pay attention to what she wears regularly, my OH is a bit of a hoarder so some of the items in her drawer are sizes that no longer fit.

My wife has large boobs 36 f/g …when i buy lingerie for her i usually pick a balconette style bra. . This gives support and shows them off perfectly…always pick matching knickers what ever style to go with the bra.
Mismatch is just wrong !!

2 Likes

Unless you know what type and size of bra you wife gets, i’d probably ask her as a good fit is everything!

Alternatively if you already know what she likes then go to a bra shop and ask one of the ladies there and say your after a surprise for your wife and if they could help pick something nice :blush:

2 Likes

Good luck ! I have always had rather good self confidence and after I had to buy my first wife’s feminine hygiene products , nothing after that point fazed me . Finding a bra that is sexy and comfortable is a hit and miss in my book . Only talking of over 40 years of doing the same thing with maybe 60% success rate .

At this time of year lots of guys will be buying so just go straight up to an assistant and ask dont wander round sheepish for help, bank on buying knickers as well

2 Likes