Toy Storage

Ok, before I get into it, I'm aware on the rules re: links to external sites (advertising), and I'm aware of LH's products for storage. Planning on buying some drawstring bags on my next purchase. And I'm (now) aware toys shouldn't be stored where they can touch each other (some have been stored like this in the past, but I guess I got lucky that they didn't react). But, if the forum mods in their wisdom deem this unsuitable, I won't take offense.

So, I got to thinking today - my collection is starting to gain in size, and keeping them (carefully) stored in the cardboard boxes they come in is starting to get a bit ridiculous. So I was thinking of getting a chest, which gives the added benefit of being lockable so no one can snoop, and would be easier to transport the one (locked) chest if I have to move, and no one should be any the wiser.

Has anyone else used something like this? I think my main choice is a chest I can store in my wardrobe. Another possiblity was a cushioned one that could double as a seat, but in shared accomodation, I just don't think I have the room. And although the LH cases sound decent enough, I'm not sure they'd be large enough to store all of my toys in one place, and I think the logo, if anyone else found it, would raise questions. But I've managed to find an inconspicuous-enough chest for about £80.

What's everyone else done for storage?

We put everything in the drawstring bags, which gets confusing since they always seem to be out of stock in the black so ours are mostly purple! We each have a bed side table with two draws in each. I keep my stuff in mine and he keeps his stuff, and a few shared bits in his. We then have a small ottoman thing which i keep all sexy outfits and lingerie in.

with regards to keeping silicone seperate, does anyone know if the fsog kegal ball set is safe together? Its a silicone cradle with 4 seperate silicone balls, and you just put the two in you need at a time. It came with a red drawstring bag so i assumed its safe to keep them all in there or do i have to store them seperately?

There are a few threads like this one already, search up the top and you'll find some great ideas.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-toys/651035-sex-toys-how-do-you-store-them/ covers a fair bit. And yeah, lots of people use the lockable chest thing :)

I really need to nail a proper storage system for my collection. We're lucky in the sense that we live alone, there's currently a box of sex toys under my bay window, my Bettie Page bullwhip is sat on my dining room table, and there's a toy on charge in the kitchen! Our bedroom has stuff in every cupboard and wardrobe! Some of my older/no longer used pieces are going up the loft I think, I can't get rid of them! Its hard to remember to move things when people come round, because I'm so used to seeing them around the house

There are lots of ideas on the thread Lovebirds has posted. People mostly use tool boxes.. traveling cosmetic trays too as they are lockable.

I use the bags that Lh stock but it can get confusing (someone suggested once about colour coding them with ribbon). Right now im looking into stackable plastic boxes as I have 3 of the Lh large gift boxes which are crammed full of bondage and toys (one for bondage, two for toys), stuff under my bed, oils ect in my draws and a bag full of boxed stuff that are crap.

I actually thought about a chest or ottoman for a while and often check out charity shops like the BHF or failing that antiques places.

Wildcherry wrote:

I use the bags that Lh stock but it can get confusing (someone suggested once about colour coding them with ribbon).

I use gift tags, the king that come with a small ribbon that you can sellotape onto your gift. I just write which toy is in the bag, remove the ribbon from the tag, and slip it over the ribbon on the bag instead. Easy peasy!

I use a mixture of Lovehoney bags and some bags that I made myself, to store my toys. As I said above, I use gift tags to itemise the toy in each bag, and I currently store all of the bags in a large cardboard box (except from my Lousiana Lounger, which is stored in its own box in my wardrobe). Like yourself, though, I'm finding that a bit unsatisfactory and plan to buy a large storage chest at some point soon to house them all.

Got a lovely old wicker picnic basket. Looks so innocent. It's got handy bits for storage.

we have a very large beauticians trolley case with different sections so we can take just a small part if going away.
Saying that though, our collection has also spread to an ottoman and also to boxes on top of wardrobe so we either need to have a serious cull of our toys or buy some more lockable storage

CutieCurious wrote:

Wildcherry wrote:

I use the bags that Lh stock but it can get confusing (someone suggested once about colour coding them with ribbon).

I use gift tags, the king that come with a small ribbon that you can sellotape onto your gift. I just write which toy is in the bag, remove the ribbon from the tag, and slip it over the ribbon on the bag instead. Easy peasy!

I use a mixture of Lovehoney bags and some bags that I made myself, to store my toys. As I said above, I use gift tags to itemise the toy in each bag, and I currently store all of the bags in a large cardboard box (except from my Lousiana Lounger, which is stored in its own box in my wardrobe). Like yourself, though, I'm finding that a bit unsatisfactory and plan to buy a large storage chest at some point soon to house them all.

That is actually an amazing idea. I may just have to get some gift tags now! :D

I keep mine in my bedside draw I'm expecting soon so I will have to start hiding them away. Some very good ideas ☺

Lovehoney sell cases which lock and come in various sizes, I have a medium one and it fits 2 rabbits, a vibrator, 2 glass dildos, 2 bullets one with a charger and jiggle balls. And they have larger ones a couple of these might be a good idea, also good if you want to take some select items on a naughty holiday.

alienpenguin wrote:

Lovehoney sell cases which lock and come in various sizes, I have a medium one and it fits 2 rabbits, a vibrator, 2 glass dildos, 2 bullets one with a charger and jiggle balls. And they have larger ones a couple of these might be a good idea, also good if you want to take some select items on a naughty holiday.

Flip, you must be an effective case packer. I have a medium or large one (whatever size came with the purple deluxe wand) and it fits 2 wands and nothing more!

Lovebirds_x wrote:

alienpenguin wrote:

Flip, you must be an effective case packer. I have a medium or large one (whatever size came with the purple deluxe wand) and it fits 2 wands and nothing more!

I have the medium case which my deluxe wand won't fit in, so you must have a large one! If I put my rabbit it, I can only fit one dildo and a few bullets/smaller things. Its great for travelling, but I don't think it's really viable as a storage solution!