Can you be single and happy??

So after being with my ex since i was 17, am now 31 and single. I left him due to his controlling behaviour. Neway since i left ive found my sex drive has sky rocketed. I just cant get enough..Ive slept with 2 lads since. And figured a relationship is not for me at the min, so i bought some toys. The problem is. Is the toys just rnt enough, i crave touch, hands around my throat and more. I just cant recreate that on my own... So how do other people stay single and be happy??

I was single for about 3 years and it was really hard. I think I can be happy without a partner, but having love and affection makes me more happy.

good luck

As good as it might be on your own it's always far better with someone you care about.
Single - good
Loving relationship - to the moon and back better 😀

I think it highly depends on the peron

I always hear alarm bells ring when I hear someone say they need a relationship to be happy. For me I had to find someone that made Not being single amazing, otherwise it isnt worth it. Don't get me wrong a loving happy relationship is amazing, but so can being single.

Enjoy your time being single! Try before you buy x

Shadow Collector wrote:

I think it highly depends on the peron

+1 I am newly single for the same reason you and your ex broke up and I feel amazing! Of course the high will wear off but I do believe I am always happier single and I intend to stay this way for a long time. I love having the freedom to do whatever I want :) Is there someone you can have a purely sexual relationship with? Sort of a friends with benefits situation? I understand what you mean as I remember feeling the same way last time I was single. Fantasys just weren't cutting it x

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

I always hear alarm bells ring when I hear someone say they need a relationship to be happy. For me I had to find someone that made Not being single amazing, otherwise it isnt worth it. Don't get me wrong a loving happy relationship is amazing, but so can being single.

+1. Before I got into my current relationship, I was absolutely sure that I'd never be in one. I like my own space too much. He made it worth it.

Word of advice: Don't rely on someone else to make you feel happy and content, do that for yourself. Being single isn't a bad thing and it doesn't mean sad and lonely, it just means you're taking time for yourself and putting yourself first. You've just got out of a controlling relationship, so go find yourself again and have some fun!

Firstly, well done for having the strength to get out of a relationship that wasn't right for you, especially after so long together. That can't have been easy!

Secondly, I agree with SC in that it depends on the person. I also once heard the expression 'you've got to get under someone to get over someone' and I've found that to be true.

Do what feels right for you, and if that involves being single, then be single for as long as you like.

I think it's all a matter of perspective really, focusing too much on the loss and not enough on the gains.

I can see advantage of both .

But as you get older I think its better to settle down and before that if kids are wanted.

I think it depends on the person. But I don't see why you can't have a fulfilling sex life if you're not prepared for a relationship. You can find people like minded people on various internet sites and apps.

Took me a while to adjust to and be happy when single.

Now I am still single and making my own plans to travel etc and thinking "good job I'm single and can come and go as I please with my plans!"

When I was single, I went out a lot with my girlfriends and met a few guys, making single life pretty fun :) I had only had sex with my ex when I become single so it was fun to explore sex with a few other people. :)

I've spent the majority of my life single, and as much as I would like to say how great it is to be independent, I feel very lonely. I want to love and be loved. That's part of who I am. However, the saddest and loneliest feeling is being in a bad relationship. I never want to do that again.

Different people need different things in their lives. Some are very happy being single and others are not.

A person can't be happy in a relationship if they're not happy within themselves to start with......in my opinion anyway. I have a few friends who are single and are extremely happy and have a great life xx

Thanks for all your replys... I do like being single.. But miss affection. And yes i got myself a friend with benefits. But he bugs me. So neway some1 i knew from yrs ago started writing to me on fb... We met and it was ace, the best ive ever had... Problem is, he doesnt know but he was my teenage crush.... Hes ace and im completely smitten with him... Ive been with him today and it was ace again.... We even snuggle on the setee afterwards watching a film i love it.... And yes ive been going out alot with my girlfriends and trying to do otherstuff too.

I was in a relationship for 12 years. When I ended it I fell into a toxic FWB situation. The new guy was hot, kinky and unbelivable in bed. He was also a sadistic creep and treated me like dirt. So I ended that relationship last summer. I dated like crazy afterwards, all of last summer. Flitting from guy to guy, and sometimes girl. Until I met someone I really fell for. It didn't work out, but since then I've had absolutely no desire to date. No one seems to come close to the one who got away.

Or so I thought. In hindsight I realise that in reality, it was me no one could come close to. For the first time in my life I was putting myself first. I'm still not 100% happy, and I probably never will be. I'm a girl who has always been full of ennui. But I'm content. I'm at peace with myself and for the first time in my life I don't care what anyone thinks of me. I've embraced all of my positive and negative traits and I'm just kind of satisfied alone.

You're never going to have a relationship more important and profound than the one you have with yourself.

Luna Moon wrote:

I was in a relationship for 12 years. When I ended it I fell into a toxic FWB situation. The new guy was hot, kinky and unbelivable in bed. He was also a sadistic creep and treated me like dirt. So I ended that relationship last summer. I dated like crazy afterwards, all of last summer. Flitting from guy to guy, and sometimes girl. Until I met someone I really fell for. It didn't work out, but since then I've had absolutely no desire to date. No one seems to come close to the one who got away.

Or so I thought. In hindsight I realise that in reality, it was me no one could come close to. For the first time in my life I was putting myself first. I'm still not 100% happy, and I probably never will be. I'm a girl who has always been full of ennui. But I'm content. I'm at peace with myself and for the first time in my life I don't care what anyone thinks of me. I've embraced all of my positive and negative traits and I'm just kind of satisfied alone.

You're never going to have a relationship more important and profound than the one you have with yourself.

True but I beleive there is someone out there for everyone. The hardest pat is finding that person. I thought that I wouldn't find a partner again when we ended mutually an engagement . I wasn't short of suitors but couldn't find that very special person that I just click with.

A twist a fate sorted this and now happily married for the past 20 years .Yeah we have our ups and downs like every other couple but we always resolve them together.