Cervical Erosion

Hi all

Bit horrible this thread... but about 6 months ago I was tested for cervical erosion and although after tests everything came back okay - I think because I stopped bleeding - I seem to have gotten it back again. I bleed after sex and it's really starting to get me down...

I did stop for a few months but it seems to have started up again, is it worth going back to the doctors?

Also has anyone else experianced this? (It's really starting to get me down now, and the only thing I can think of is never having any sex or forplay or anything ever again as I don't want to bleed all over my OH - although he say's it doesn't bother him....)

AlaineB wrote:

Hi all

Bit horrible this thread... but about 6 months ago I was tested for cervical erosion and although after tests everything came back okay - I think because I stopped bleeding - I seem to have gotten it back again. I bleed after sex and it's really starting to get me down...

I did stop for a few months but it seems to have started up again, is it worth going back to the doctors?

Also has anyone else experianced this? (It's really starting to get me down now, and the only thing I can think of is never having any sex or forplay or anything ever again as I don't want to bleed all over my OH - although he say's it doesn't bother him....)

Hi Sweetheart - Firstly - I am going to send you lots of hugs. Secondly - I have never experienced this myself - but I feel that you should definately go to the Dr's and get it checked out. I hope this works out for you Hun :) xxx

Thank you scorpius12...

Like I said I went to the doctors and the female doctor said I did have it slightly I was bleeding then, after many tests (as they thought it could be cancer) and waiting for a hospital appointment I was told I didn't have it - when I finally had a hospital appointment I wasn't bleeding...

It stopped for a few months and now seems to have come back, so I am just wondering whether to go again and ask to be re-tested or if they'll just say well you don't have it let's do other tests.... It horrible enough that the problem is where it is as I don't like showing my 'bits' to strangers even if they are doctors... =/

The tests also hurt and make me feel horrible in myself....

Hey AlaineB,

havent had erosion but have had problems with smears, and got some great advice and support on here.

Def go to the doctors sooner rather than later, if it's nothing then you can have your mind put to rest and if it needs treatment, then sooner always better than later.

Having smears and your bits messed with is never going to be the most pleasant experience, but please try not to be embarrassed, the docs will put your mind at rest if you explain your fears x

Ring the doctors and get yourself booked in xx

Hi Fizz&Sparkle...

Like I have said I don't want to go after last time... Especially as they thought it might have been cancer...

At first they said it was CE and probably due to my implant... and then when I finally went to the hospital (I had stopped bleeding then) they said I didn't have CE and there was nothing they could do

I'm just worried incase my doctor dismisses my theory of what it is and puts me through more pointless tests...

AA

It's just as bad with a female doctor... I just hate having to spread my legs and then the whole speculum being used... =( I feel degraded by it...

I know it's better to be safe than sorry but I just think if I get tested again for CE and then I stop bleeding I will feel like I've wasted their time again....

The only person I could ask who I would want to tell is my BF but the company he works for has just been taken over by new people and he can't take any time off as they are being d1cks with him at the moment - even not giving him dinner breaks as he has cig breaks... and docking his pay when he is a little late - so I don't think they will give him time off work to come with me for an appointment... And it's hard to see a female doctor as she is only in once a week and there is only one female doctor...

I will try and get in next week I think...

AB, I also hate going to the gynecologist for the same reasons. But is the cervical erosion the same as a cervical polyp? Because the last one is what I have and it does bleed sometimes. It can be burnt with a laser, but not during pregnancy. So as soon as I recover from giving birth, I will have it burnt.

I'm not sure if it's the same...

I know CE can be treated with burning or freezing - but it is also common with my implant apparently...

I will go to the doctors next week if they can fit me in and if I'm still bleeding - but I've never been pregnant or anything which google said can cause cervical polyp... Sex seems to start it off.... But I know it's not an STI....

Sounds awful big hugs, but I think it's best to go to the docs babe. X

I will be doing Lollipop... Hoping if I need support I can come on here

Also going to see if I can get a 6pm appointment and the hopefully OH can come too... Will talk to him later about it, as he doesn't know it's back yet...

Course you can babe :) everyone on here will help you hun. X

Lollipop ;) wrote:

Course you can babe :) everyone on here will help you hun. X

Thank you Lollipop.xx

Hey, I don't know if this will help as I have no idea what it is. I am on the implant, have been for 7 years now and I have had no end of troubles with bleeding except when I have gone back and they have given me pills to control the bleed. I once went to A&E because I was in so much pain, they tested me for water infections and ectopic pregnancy. Both were negative. They sent to to the docs for what I believed was a smear for ovarian cancer. At the docs, they said it was an STI swab and they wouldn't do a smear until I was 25, which was 7 years away at the time. I had STI tests and was negative. I too have had the speculum experience, once. I was nearly sick, I cried after and was violated. I have never been back to the docs about it but a few weeks ago got my new implant and some more pills to control the bleed. Also I too worry about blood and sex. I know this doesn't tell you what it is but you are not alone :)

KinkyMinxMoo wrote:

Hey, I don't know if this will help as I have no idea what it is. I am on the implant, have been for 7 years now and I have had no end of troubles with bleeding except when I have gone back and they have given me pills to control the bleed. I once went to A&E because I was in so much pain, they tested me for water infections and ectopic pregnancy. Both were negative. They sent to to the docs for what I believed was a smear for ovarian cancer. At the docs, they said it was an STI swab and they wouldn't do a smear until I was 25, which was 7 years away at the time. I had STI tests and was negative. I too have had the speculum experience, once. I was nearly sick, I cried after and was violated. I have never been back to the docs about it but a few weeks ago got my new implant and some more pills to control the bleed. Also I too worry about blood and sex. I know this doesn't tell you what it is but you are not alone :)

Thank you KMM for sharing your experience I know what you mean about the speculum and feeling violated... They too thought I had cancer - negative... thankfully as I was so worried for the 2 weeks waiting for the results... How horrible that you had to go to hospital - that must have been awful for you.xx

They didn't do an STI check as I've been with my OH for over 15months... I did however have an early smear - horrible..

I'm glad to know I'm not alone, I just want this sorting out as it is horrible but the exams and tests are also horrible... I just want to be normal again, I am considering maybe going on another form of contraception and seeing if the bleeding stops to see if it is the implant or something else.

Hugs to you and I hope you manage to get sorted and the courage to see your GP.xxxx

I haven't been tested for cancer. it was like 3am at A&E until like 6am I think. I have regular STI tests, even though I have been with my partner for a while, I am part of a sexual health clinic that tests you every 6 months.

I know its horrible, I think on my second one they said that if it continued, I could have it removed and change contraception but apart from the bleeding, The implant is my choice of contraception so I just shut up and put up or get some pills that control the bleed.

Thank you and hugs to you too xxx

Oh okay... I thought I read that you had a smear for ovarian cancer =?

Do you find that after a while the bleeding stops? For me this is about 3 months... another way I know it's not an STI... The bleeding is really random and I always have to make sure I had pads in my bag as I read online that tampons can make it worse... but I hate pads and feel so unclean having to use them... I think the first thing I will do is see about other contraception for myself and see if that stops the bleeding... xx

i hope everything goes well for you at the doctors,

i have had no end of problems with my implant over the years,i can have very bad heavy painful periods for days sometimes weeks,sometimes leading to months,and then sometimes i have no periods at all for months,i have had every test going from cancer checks to sti checks to infection checks all came back clear.with the answer being its my implant ,i now take medication to stop the bleeding i take the tablets for two months, and then have a period and take them again for two months this seems to help, i was offerd the coil its the only thing i have not tried,but i really dont want a doctor down there and something inserted into me,

the implant can be a huge pain,i also can bleed after sex sometimes,

Hi LMMB

I thought it was periods at first too - but then when it started after sex I realised it couldn't be periods and it's too light to be a period for me... I am thinking about maybe the injection but apparently that can make you put on weight?

I'm just not looking forwards to getting it taken out and I hate needles and the anesthetic makes me feel ill after... Even though it's only local not general =/

Just dreading telling the OH tonight that I think the CE is back... =/

it is best to get a good check up and see whats happening and get it sorted,

being a women can suck sometimes,with most contraceptives you can gain weight unfortunatly its one of those things that happens with this kind of thing, i have gained on the implant :(

my sister is on the injection and as had no issue with weight gain,she as stayed a lovely size 10-12 im very jealous lol like everything everyone is different if i could have the injection i think i would opt for it :) given how bad the bleeding is on the implant

I will be joing a gym in Jan so I don't think the weight gain if any will get too bad, I just eat junk alot as I work nights...

I will defo go doctors next week if I can. I just don't want to go alone... =/ but I think I might have too...