Challenges with payment processor?

Ahoy folks,

FYI, I have been attempting to place an order since last night (~4 hours ago, 03:00 PDT).
I can get all the way to “Billing” step, where I strike upon an error that is not clearing.

Possibly an issue with the hand-off to your payment processor (or internal site processing issues)?

Thought to let a human know…

We're sorry that your order could not be placed. This probably happened due to a high order volume or temporary connection errors. Please wait a few minutes and resubmit your order. We won't process your payment until you successfully place your order. If you have further questions, please contact us.

That’s rare humans in the chain, not usually until the picking…

You’d be better off messaging customer care with this sort of website issue.

Yep, but something is misaligned / gone-off and it is likely some manner of human intervention (either by LH or one of their processing affiliates) is required.

Agreed and attempted, apparently no one is in?

Best bet is to email them. Brenna is likely to have clocked off now so this won’t get seen until Monday. The forum is a customer chat forum rather than a customer support forum so isn’t monitored outside of standard office hours really

Indeed and already had logged something via their contact us form (160 characters is woefully inadequate for reporting issues).

Nothing to do I expect at this point than to reattempt every so often (and hope I do not miss the sale).

Hopefully this is a problem only for the Canadian site.

Happy Friday!

I believe you can pop an order in over the phone if you fancy?

There’s a product code on each product page to make it a bit easier:

1 Like

I’d say email them. They are usually fast to respond but I’m not sure since it’s the weekend now. I don’t seem to be having any issues.

1 Like

Have you tried reordering today? Also I’d check your bank account to make sure the money hasn’t been taken out multiple times

Thank you @Ian_Chimp .

Indeed, after 3 attempts their IVR system has expressed its distates for me (disconnect from LH operator, failure to take the call, and another disconnect from LH operator mid-way through order).
Not sure what I have done to offend it, but will try again later. :frowning:

1 Like

Indeed, surprisingly the customer care folks did respond to my form submission (via their contact us form).

While 160 characters is somewhat limiting, I was able to fully report the issue, error, and details to reproduce via email.

I understand its off to their internal IT at this point to review & resolve.

That is rather unfortunate. It seems like they’re having a bundle of issues at the minute. Hopefully they can fix it all soon. :crossed_fingers:

I wonder how widespread it is? Losing a couple of days for the whole of the Canadian site is going to sting a bit. :slightly_smiling_face:

Agreed!

Being in IT, I know how that can look “from the inside” so to speak.

Big reason why I thought to “light the torch” as many ways as I could, to get some sort of OPS eyes on this.

Worse case scenario, I come across looking like some sort of crazed person.
However that is fine, if it means the underlying issues (feels like there is something afoot) is resolved.

Will keep trying meanwhile, and hope I can “get it done” before some current deals expire. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I know exactly what you mean. :slightly_smiling_face: I did a similar thing when the forum was copied over to its new Discourse set-up this time last year. I felt like a bit of a twat spamming everywhere to get some attention, but the problem was fixed so was probably worth it in the end. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sometimes it is the “squeaky wheel” that gets things fixed. :wink:

Meanwhile, their IVR was continuing to have issues into the early morning (West Coast time, PDT).

Managed to get a stable (albeit poor) connection with an agent and order made!

Hopefully their issues (internal or service partner related) are sorted early this week when staff are back “in the office”.

Super glad that LH now has a Canadian based warehouse also (in Toronto as I recall).

Now the waiting game (go go Canada Post!)…

2 Likes