Chance of being pregnant

I will keep it short and sweet

I had unprotected sex with my OH saturday night and sunday afternoon, pre cum was there but i made sure i gave him oral first and he didn't ejactulate in me...i have already taken the morning after pill on xmas day(of all days) as the condom split and he did cum in me then.I have had cramps all day,i dont know wether it's because im due on or just getting worried.

Based on what your said here, I think any symptoms are likely to be psychosomatic

Sum Sub wrote:

Based on what your said here, I think any symptoms are likely to be psychosomatic

Take that as a no then im not pregnant.

There is a risk of you being pregnant if he ejaculated inside you and the condom split. You have lessened that risk by taking the "morning after pill" but a small risk still remains. However, the "morning after pill" can delay the onset of your period and lead to worsening of menstrual cramps.

The thing to do is to remain calm, wait for a week or so after the date of your next expected period and take a pregnancy test if required

It's possibly too early to know if you're pregnant or not your symptoms could be just as sub said or down to your period you know your body best and what symptoms you normally get before your period

It's far too early to know if your first episode of unprotected sex was only on Christmas eve...having unprotected sex again after taking the morning pill (you did mean afterwards, right?), well that could get you pregnant but you won't know for a few weeks really. Definitely too soon to have any symptoms. Plus cramping all day doesn't tend to be a pregnancy symptom, it's more than likely your body reacting to the morning after pill. Relax and try not to think about it too much, there's nothing you can do but wait and see!

The morning after pill is generally effective about three days either way, so you're probably good.
The cramps yu've got will be a mix of christmas food, paranoia, and the morning after pill doing it's thing- cramps are a fairly common side effect.

If you're really worried, go to the doctors and get a test, then get yourself on some proper contraception.

fairehlights wrote:

The morning after pill is generally effective about three days either way, so you're probably good.
The cramps yu've got will be a mix of christmas food, paranoia, and the morning after pill doing it's thing- cramps are a fairly common side effect.

If you're really worried, go to the doctors and get a test, then get yourself on some proper contraception.

Agree with that. Definitely get yourself on some long term contraception like the oral contraceptive pill, implanon device or Mirena coil following this to give yourself piece of mind in the future. Chat to your own GP or local family planning service for this

definately get yourself on some proper contraception. dont think youd be having pregnancy cramps this early, takes a fair few months for that! it'll either be your period or the pill, mixed with stress. the morning after pill is not contraception, neither is "pulling out" for the sake of yourself (your health and your future life) and your future child, you need to be on suitable reliable contraception, i have the implant, its in my arm so no doctor had to go "down there", i werent asked any awkward questions besides when my period was and it doenst have to be at a precise time. it causes no hassle and has stopped my periods. BONUS

Lovebirds_x wrote:

It's far too early to know if your first episode of unprotected sex was only on Christmas eve...having unprotected sex again after taking the morning pill (you did mean afterwards, right?), well that could get you pregnant but you won't know for a few weeks really. Definitely too soon to have any symptoms. Plus cramping all day doesn't tend to be a pregnancy symptom, it's more than likely your body reacting to the morning after pill. Relax and try not to think about it too much, there's nothing you can do but wait and see!

Well on xmas day,the condom broke and he cum inside me but that saturday,it was unprotected sex but he didn't cum inside me...but i have been to my GP today,they told me to wait and see,take a test and see from there,they also gave me some oral contraceptive pills..

fairehlights wrote:

Yea i went to my GP today and she has put me back on some oral contraceptive pill,she also said,to take a test in 2 weeks and see...

he doesn't need to cum inside you, as long as there is pre-cum or any slight trace, whilst he is inside you, then you can get pregnant. Sperm can live up to 5 days inside the womb. Taking the MAP has lessened the chance but tbh you would have to wait 3-4 weeks for a test to show up.

If you worry, it will send your body into over drive and you will end up convincing yourself that you are preg. The MAP will induce period type cramps for a bit, you're adding a chemical inside you.

No one on here can predict or tell you if you are or are not, if we could, we'd be rich :p

Young and fun95 wrote:

definately get yourself on some proper contraception. dont think youd be having pregnancy cramps this early, takes a fair few months for that! it'll either be your period or the pill, mixed with stress. the morning after pill is not contraception, neither is "pulling out" for the sake of yourself (your health and your future life) and your future child, you need to be on suitable reliable contraception, i have the implant, its in my arm so no doctor had to go "down there", i werent asked any awkward questions besides when my period was and it doenst have to be at a precise time. it causes no hassle and has stopped my periods. BONUS

I had my second implant put in march actually,made me so fat,that was one of the reasons i wanted it out but the other reason well...i put a post on here about it.....my Gp told me to wait untill i have a period then i go and have the unhormonal coil in =) i have tried everything but..so we shall see in a couple of weeks.

Blueeyes82 wrote:

he doesn't need to cum inside you, as long as there is pre-cum or any slight trace, whilst he is inside you, then you can get pregnant. Sperm can live up to 5 days inside the womb. Taking the MAP has lessened the chance but tbh you would have to wait 3-4 weeks for a test to show up.

If you worry, it will send your body into over drive and you will end up convincing yourself that you are preg. The MAP will induce period type cramps for a bit, you're adding a chemical inside you.

No one on here can predict or tell you if you are or are not, if we could, we'd be rich :p

Yeah i think iam sending my body into panic mode =o thats why i feel like do. In all honestly,i don't think i am,well lets hope not but all i can do is wait and see...

ah yes i remember, ok good, ust make sure until you get the coil you use good qualitiy condoms properly, if you dont put them on prpolerly and they're too tight they're more likely to split

plus, i think with the coil, you have to abstain from sex x amount of days before they place it in, unless it has changed

Blueeyes82 wrote:

plus, i think with the coil, you have to abstain from sex x amount of days before they place it in, unless it has changed

You're recommended to use a barrier method, or an existing oral method, for 7 days after insertion just to be sure.
But as for before hand, I haven't seen anything about abstaining, so long as you're using some form of suitable contraception and are confirmed not pregnant.

Also, RE: ''the implant made me fat''
Pregnancy makes you fatter.
Weight gain from contraception in the vast majority of cases subsides and stabilises after the six month mark, and can be kept down from the go with sensible eating and exercise.
Most people eat to cope with the hormonal unsettlement it can cause, and that's why it makes you put on weight. The random gain element is pretty slim.

fairehlights wrote:

Blueeyes82 wrote:

You're recommended to use a barrier method, or an existing oral method, for 7 days after insertion just to be sure.
But as for before hand, I haven't seen anything about abstaining, so long as you're using some form of suitable contraception and are confirmed not pregnant.

Also, RE: ''the implant made me fat''
Pregnancy makes you fatter.

Weight gain from contraception in the vast majority of cases subsides and stabilises after the six month mark, and can be kept down from the go with sensible eating and exercise.
Most people eat to cope with the hormonal unsettlement it can cause, and that's why it makes you put on weight. The random gain element is pretty slim.

Ouch. Right in the mummy tummy! :s

For the record, I gained silly weight on a contraceptive despite no change at all in my eating/exercising habits. As did my exercise mad friend, and a not so active one. I wouldn't say it's that slim.

I remember reading something about abstaining before getting the coil, basically so you aren't pregnant before they insert it. Not sure how much truth there was to it though. Your doctor should tell you all the information you need to know before you get it anyway :) hopefully it'll keep the mood swings etc away!